Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

wow... not even half of day 3 has been completed... atrocious.

Haha, what would Mark Nicholas know about test cricket? "It's not always this easy, trust me". Stupid pommy fearsome tweak never played a test in his life.

Hilfenhaus destroyed the tail!, Has there ever been a series where every game was won by an innings :noway

Last year, Ashes.

----------

Is it just me or has Ishant Sharma faced many many hattrick balls? Last time he faced Clarke and Voges (T20). I'm sure there were some in India and more in Australia....

I guess Marsh will get another chance in the 4th test. Needs to pull his head out of his ass, as 14 from 4 innings is not good enough. Khawaja would make at least that in every innings.

They definitely won't drop Marsh so he has one more test to do something before he goes back into the queue. Would like to get rid of Haddin but no chance of that.

Good thing from this is, India is getting enough rest now. All the rest they needed after the choc-a-bloc scheduling in the recent years, they are using it up during this series by losing games in with 1-2 days to spare.:D

I am bored of talking about team changes. Anyways, they could play the same eleven in Adelaide.

It was already over. I was expecting Dravid to be bowled between bat and pad any moment, and it duly arrived. Dravid's technique is brutally exposed in today's times and its good for him if he duly acknowledges it and announces retirement. He should not embarrass himself further.

Feel like punching Dhoni on his face. Probably our worst test player ever to captain the test side!:mad If this series doesnt spell his end in tests, it would be a waste of time watching India's test cricket. Only thing to watch now is if Kohli can get his first test century. If our lower order helps him do it, he would be an answer for India's future and also India could avoid an innings defeat which would be a tiny consolation.

Good on ya Sai, at least you aren't sitting on the fence :D

You have to wonder about Dravid - surely he can at least get his pad in the way?? The thing is, of the 3 old guys, Dravid is probably the guy I'd like to keep because the young guys coming through generally aren't leavers or defensive players, so Dravid would be a good balance to those new middle order players - if he can get his form back of course.

But Dhoni...is the worst player to captain? Or the worst captain? Or the worst player generally? Either way, you don't rate him. Tell us YOUR plan then: who should be captain? Who should be keeping? Dhoni's clearly a talented guy, his Test average is better than most of the world's keepers, and he can clearly lead teams eg. winning world cup, champions league etc. Of course if he continues to fail, then I'd question his spot. But the 6 batsmen ahead of him need to do better and I think it's difficult to gauge how bad his captaincy really is, as compared with Fletcher's planning for example. I guess that makes it a good topic of discussion.

The ONLY reason why the test finished so early was because of Warner's fast century. If that lasted longer then we would still be watching Australia bowl.

But Dhoni...is the worst player to captain? Or the worst captain? Or the worst player generally? Either way, you don't rate him. Tell us YOUR plan then: who should be captain? Who should be keeping? Dhoni's clearly a talented guy, his Test average is better than most of the world's keepers, and he can clearly lead teams eg. winning world cup, champions league etc. Of course if he continues to fail, then I'd question his spot. But the 6 batsmen ahead of him need to do better and I think it's difficult to gauge how bad his captaincy really is, as compared with Fletcher's planning for example. I guess that makes it a good topic of discussion.

He is not the worst player by any means? Not even the worst captain (his records state that he is India's 2nd best captain after Ganguly). He is the worst player to have captained India in tests. Absolutely no technique to survive in test cricket, this is his second failure in Australia after that last 2007-08 series.

He is a good leader in the format where he looks more comfortable as a player, and he is very comfortable in ODI's and T20's. But he is a serious misfit for test cricket, and hope the people in charge realize it soon enough. Even his captaincy this series has looked bad. I mean his field placings, his decision making process all have contributed a lot to India being in the position that they are in right now.

Users who are viewing this thread