Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Watson won't play in the last test, there is no need to. I mean Australia should rest someone but I can't really see who. Haddin definitely but apart from that I can't see. I mean while you are winning you can carry out of form batsman, but keepers and bowlers are more important. Maybe rest Siddle and Harris and give Coulter Nile or Faulkner or a new fast bowler a go? Ponting and Hussey can't be rested coz they just found form again. Warner and Cowan are new, so my only thought is rest Clarke as well.

XI for Adelaide
1. Warner
2. Cowan
3. Ponting
4. Marsh
5. Forrest
6. Hussey
7. Wade
8. Starc
9. Coulter-Nile
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Lyon

Watson won't play in the last test, there is no need to. I mean Australia should rest someone but I can't really see who. Haddin definitely but apart from that I can't see. I mean while you are winning you can carry out of form batsman, but keepers and bowlers are more important. Maybe rest Siddle and Harris and give Coulter Nile or Faulkner or a new fast bowler a go? Ponting and Hussey can't be rested coz they just found form again. Warner and Cowan are new, so my only thought is rest Clarke as well.

XI for Adelaide
1. Warner
2. Cowan
3. Ponting
4. Marsh
5. Forrest
6. Hussey
7. Wade
8. Starc
9. Coulter-Nile
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Lyon

no we have to get 4-0

I suspect it's going to be the same team, but being a dead rubber gives us all a chance to make our dream XI. If I wanted to justify my existence as a selector, I'd go with: Warner, Cowan, Marsh, Khawaja, Clarke, Christian, Wade, Siddle, Starc, Hilfenhaus, Lyon. Probably a few guys you could throw at 6, but if Christian made it that close before, don't see why he's out of the picture now.

It's hard getting rid of Ponting and Hussey. Both brilliant with the bat and especially in the field. Both have experience as well.

The only new person that seems to be upping the fielding is Warner.

Fair play to the Aussies. To win by an innings when no one beyond your openers scored more than 30 is very strange though.

@midgetwars

The rule regarding the over-rate offences was changed last June. Earlier captains were allowed three such offences within a period of 12 months before they were banned, but in its meeting in Hong Kong the ICC board accepted the ICC cricket committee recommendation that captains of international sides be suspended for a match when found guilty of two such transgressions within 12 months.

Source: Australia v India, 3rd Test, Perth: MS Dhoni banned from Adelaide Test for slow over-rate | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

141373.jpg

IN YOUR FACE IPL BOYS!

Feels great to dominate like this again, awesome series win. So impressed with the depth of our bowling now. Not sure what we can read from our batting, don't rate India's bowlers one bit. Really has been kids vs. men though.

India in Australia 2011-12: Sachin Tendulkar back in ODI squad | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt and wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Parthiv Patel (wk), Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar

Don't know why fried chicken selector didn't selected Varun Aaron for this tour in place of Vinay Kumar, ohh yes our chief selector is from South so Vinay gets a chance ahead of aaron. This is one of the reason for India not producing fast bowlers because they don't get chance to play only.

Users who are viewing this thread