Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Australia can play anyone they like and still win, India's batting looks completely inept. Laxman must go, Sehwag hasn't been as explosive away as he has at home for many years now (in Tests), Dravid deserves a shot to stay in the team and I think Tendulkar's time is seriously running out. Many in India are already criticising his inclusion in the team and saying he is only there for his 100th, 100 which I don't think is true. We all seem to have forgotten than in the 18 months or so leading up to England 2011 he was in unstoppable form.

Don't know why fried chicken selector didn't selected Varun Aaron for this tour in place of Vinay Kumar, ohh yes our chief selector is from South so Vinay gets a chance ahead of aaron. This is one of the reason for India not producing fast bowlers because they don't get chance to play only.

Varun Aaron and Munaf Patel were also not considered because of injuries.

:rolleyes :rolleyes

India in Australia 2011-12: Sachin Tendulkar back in ODI squad | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt and wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Parthiv Patel (wk), Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar

Don't know why fried chicken selector didn't selected Varun Aaron for this tour in place of Vinay Kumar, ohh yes our chief selector is from South so Vinay gets a chance ahead of aaron. This is one of the reason for India not producing fast bowlers because they don't get chance to play only.

I think he is unfit these days..

So that sums up the horrible tour.

Team you will see shortly (When Tendulkar, Dravid retires and Dhoni, Sehwag, Laxman and Gambhir gets drop) I really hope this happens:

Rahane
Mukund
Pujara
Kohli
Rohit
Badri
Parthiv
Ashwin
Ishant
Umesh
Praveen

Reserves: Manish Pandey, Ojha, Varun Aaron, Irfan Pathan

Captain: R.Ashwin
Head Coach: Sourav Ganguly
Bowling Coach: Kapil Dev

Now even if they lose 4-0, IDC because they will actually learn from that experience.

Australia have been searching around and have at the moment a proper bowling line up and a few good up coming batsmen. India batting is on its way down at a startling rate given how the older statesmen are almost 40 and the bowling line up is quite poor owing to Zaheer's injuries and Ishant's current lack of form and luck.

Presently, it's difficult to see Australia doing anything other than rambling towards a 4-0 series victory. How well and how quickly India respond to their hopeless failure in this and previous series' will be the measure of this side's post-World Cup hangover.

Rahane
Mukund
Pujara
Kohli
Rohit
Badri
Parthiv
Ashwin
Ishant
Umesh
Praveen

Perfect team for the future, though Dhoni is just wayyyy ahead of any other keeper in India. He simply has to be there just as a WKB, and not as captain.

I don't understand why people think so much about the future. Think about the present, not the future. Instead of making a team for the future, look to win the matches which are being played now. Those saying Dravid should be dropped so that a young player comes in are utter idiots, total BS.

If a player is good, he should play, even if he is 40+.

I don't understand why people think so much about the future. Think about the present, not the future. Instead of making a team for the future, look to win the matches which are being played now. Those saying Dravid should be dropped so that a young player comes in are utter idiots, total BS.

I agree, you should pick on form, thats why I was annoyed about Ponting being stuck with. Yeah you stuck with him and he finally hit some form, but at what cost? two Ashes defeats and a World Cup loss, was it really worth an extra year of runs?

Something good to come out from us, although its Sehwag as captain and he is worser than Dhoni at captaincy. But at least Dhoni will get a break before the ODI's now and also we will get to see a slightly better wicketkeeper batsman bat in a test match (I have confidence in Saha to stay out there in the middle longer than Dhoni). Would be interesting to see what Sehwag picks for Adelaide. I would rest either Zaheer or Yadav for Adelaide. Also throw Vinay Kumar out, and go with two spinners Ashwin and Ojha.

----------

Today the one-day team will be announced. Looks like Harbhajan might comeback. Also I think Praveen, Irfan might be called up.

Go get 'em Bhajji :D

Bhajji suddenly becomes hot? WOw.......:facepalm

----------

India in Australia 2011-12: Sachin Tendulkar back in ODI squad | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt and wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Parthiv Patel (wk), Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar

Do you follow cricket news at all? Aaron is injured and thats why he had to opt out of the test series against Australia. He was picked for the tests itself, but he got injured. All this talk of South is BS. If that was the case, we have a better bowler in Tamil Nadu Yo Mahesh who is faster and better than Vinay Kumar who could have been given the chance (he is from Srikanth's home state). Atleast he would have done better than the toddler Vinay.

----------

Australia have been searching around and have at the moment a proper bowling line up and a few good up coming batsmen. India batting is on its way down at a startling rate given how the older statesmen are almost 40 and the bowling line up is quite poor owing to Zaheer's injuries and Ishant's current lack of form and luck.

Presently, it's difficult to see Australia doing anything other than rambling towards a 4-0 series victory. How well and how quickly India respond to their hopeless failure in this and previous series' will be the measure of this side's post-World Cup hangover.

If at all we had a tiny positive from this series overall, it is our bowling. Umesh Yadav seems to be blossoming into a real find for us, and Ishant has been ambling in gamely without much luck this series. Eventually luck will start favoring him. Yes Zaheer's injury is the weak link, but Zaheer is all set here to last a full entire series in Australia for the first time which gives hope that he might have turned the corner as far as injury management goes. India's bowling has come out unscathed in this tour so far and thats a surprise.

And I am also tired of hearing comments like this. I have said this many times before that Dravid is a class act and we can not forget how much he has done for India and why only Dravid? Laxman has done wonders for India, too.

But I have also mentioned that THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK TO PLAY IN AUSTRALIA. So if they are not performing, then try to give a youngster a chance to see how he is doing, surely can't do worst than this.

Laxman has not performed well in England and now here. So if Laxman is not thinking about retirement than we have to force him to do so by either dropping him or "resting" him.

I am pretty sure that we won't have to do that with Dravid because I think he is smart enough to understand his own form and how it is not helping the team with so many youngsters sitting on the bench and not even getting a chance to prove themselves.

Still we have to keep Dravid in the team because he was our best batsman in 2011

I was against Kohli, too. But if we are counting him in a future team than you can not drop him.

So the scenario is that we have to "rest" our senior players, who are not performing (Hint: Laxman) and give a youngster a chance to at least let him prove what he is capable of. In that way he will also gain some experience of playing in different conditions so when we tour these countries next time, we don't get the same result as what we are getting right now. And that is why it is important to look at future in test cricket.

----------

I am not a fan of Sehwag's captaincy but if India manages a draw by chance in last test ( highly unlikely) than it will be a real pressure on Dhoni as a player and also as a captain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also got something to support my last post. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeX...xt=C3305d42FDOEgsToPDskLI4SEoLFhdWcYr_EMdlrHH

----------

Perfect team for the future, though Dhoni is just wayyyy ahead of any other keeper in India. He simply has to be there just as a WKB, and not as captain.

He is a brilliant player for India in ODI's. One of the best finisher I have seen in shorter formats of the game but if he is not performing in the test then he has to go. Even though I am one of his biggest supporter and would never want him to go but as I said, if he is not performing than other should get chance. In test Dhoni averages around 40 in sub-continent and 29 overseas. And the overseas average in not pleasing at all.

My point is, is Parthiv even 10% of what Dhoni is as a WKB? If anyone, it has to be KD Karthik to replace him, but even he's only about 50% of MSD. Not vouching for Dhoni here, I know he's not a good test player, but I'm just saying that the other Indian WKs are worse. He, Haddin and Boucher are the luckiest gits to play test cricket for their respective sides without facing the prospect of being axed.

It's quite clear Clarke is more comfortable rotating 4 quicks than 3 and the overrate was just fine in the first session so that excuse for not picking 4 quicks is out the window.

Yep been saying it for years.

@Haarithan - I wont really say that Karthik deserves a place in the side. If we think about a keeper that has been given most chances to play for India in absence of Dhoni, in the last 3 years, it is easily Karthik. It isn't like he is a bad wicketkeeper but he is simply not as good a batsman as MS Dhoni. Giving him a chance wont do any harm but he has already got enough chances. Parthiv and Wriddhiman deserve their chances. I wont say that Parthiv has impressed me a lot in the matches that he has played but he deserves to get another chance, if he fails then try Wriddhiman but not Karthik, at least not till Parthiv and Wriddhiman get their chances.

If at all we had a tiny positive from this series overall, it is our bowling. Umesh Yadav seems to be blossoming into a real find for us, and Ishant has been ambling in gamely without much luck this series. Eventually luck will start favoring him. Yes Zaheer's injury is the weak link, but Zaheer is all set here to last a full entire series in Australia for the first time which gives hope that he might have turned the corner as far as injury management goes. India's bowling has come out unscathed in this tour so far and thats a surprise.

On his day Zaheer Khan is up there with the best, but injuries and age are starting to take a charge on him and the other bowlers don't seem to be backing him up either. But then again, how long have India been desperate for bowlers? Even though I have criticised the bowlers, it can't help playing with some of Dhoni's field selections. Some of his decisions have had me puzzled for a while now. Really needs to up his game.

Have India just lacked heart and request or is it a lack of strength in the bowling? Their batting hasn't fired for a long time now.

Users who are viewing this thread