Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

The most stupid thing is he's referencing the ODI series, what on earth does that have to do with Test? The last time England played India in a test series they lost 4-0. No doubt India will go better at home just silly the way he has gone about his sledge.

Are you referring to N.Srinivasan's comment about India beating England 5-0 in the recent ODI series in India? That was Srinivasan, not Srikanth (the chief selector). Srikanth said this was the best possible team they could have selected, and he is brutally honest about it. We couldnt have picked a better team than this for this tour. This was our full strength team and we have been beaten.

Is this a real article or its a spoof or something??

why would it be a spoof? it's perfectly reasonable, as a player he's clearly utterly brilliant, this article doesn't even try to deny it, but he doesn't win matches. at least nowhere near as many matches as someone that's played the wealth of games and has the reputations he has.

even in recent times, india's most impressive win of the last year or so was in south africa, t'was laxman that crafted that. india's no.1 status was built on sehwags blistering hands, the world cup final dhoni and gambhir took over.

Are you referring to N.Srinivasan's comment about India beating England 5-0 in the recent ODI series in India? That was Srinivasan, not Srikanth (the chief selector). Srikanth said this was the best possible team they could have selected, and he is brutally honest about it. We couldnt have picked a better team than this for this tour. This was our full strength team and we have been beaten.

Yes this is right, and I'm right behind Srikkanth here. Before the series started most Indian fans would have agreed that it was the best team - batting lineup is filled with legends, the bowling attack was as good as to be expected. Sure every random fan wants one or 2 changes, but for the most part the team was spot on - it just didn't perform. That's not Srikkanth's fault. You can argue that he's been too short sighted in his selections over the last couple of years, not having a long term plan, but that's another issue I think. He picked the best side - they played like crap.

It was the same here in Australia last Ashes. Andrew Hilditch copped a heap of stick for saying that the selectors had done 'a very good job' during that series. But it was basically the same situation, he picked a pretty good team on paper. In fact one newspaper poll before the 4th Test asking what side should be selected ended up being exactly the same one that played, yet it got smashed. Other issues were about of course, but it was the players that stuffed that series, not the selectors. I hate selectors getting blamed for short term losses. It's their long term strategies that should be examined.

So far it seems the only change we might see is Siddle being rested as Lyon comes in. Seems like a reasonable change to me so Starc and Harris can have more experience against the famed batting attack.

Too bad there's no shield cricket on otherwise some form batsmen would have a better chance of selection.

Not too fussed what they do, if Starc plays it will be interesting seeing how he goes on a flat deck. Also will Hilfy be able to continue swinging it. And this will probably be the deck that favours Lyon the most since the Gabba.

Not too fussed what they do, if Starc plays it will be interesting seeing how he goes on a flat deck. Also will Hilfy be able to continue swinging it. And this will probably be the deck that favours Lyon the most since the Gabba.

The batting is still too likely to collapses. Watson should harden that up if he can return to the middle order. I still think Aussies should not be complacent with Hussey and Ponting but they seem ok for now and I can live with that if Haddin goes now. They may need some wise old heads for a little bit.

However, Warner's two best innings have come on the greenest wickets I have seen in years so he is no flat track bully. Although, he does that pretty well too.

Yet, it wasn't until Johnson was gone swing was achieved consistently. Wow.

I'd imagine it's hard to keep the ball in good condition if you've got one guy who's bowling with a scrambled seam and getting belted all over the park. Every one of the guys in the side now has been bowling with beautiful seam position, and the number of heavy impacts (ie fours and sixes) has significantly decreased.

...just saying. Keep Johnson out.

I'd imagine it's hard to keep the ball in good condition if you've got one guy who's bowling with a scrambled seam and getting belted all over the park. Every one of the guys in the side now has been bowling with beautiful seam position, and the number of heavy impacts (ie fours and sixes) has significantly decreased.

...just saying. Keep Johnson out.

Spot on. Unless Johnson fixes up his seam position he shouldn't come back into the side.

Users who are viewing this thread