Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

I don't understand why Laxman is being singled out. Yes, he's rubbish....but the spot light also needs to be put on Sehwag and even Dravid. Dravid performed well in England so that's given him some breathing space...but his technical short fall is worrying. It's not that he's been finding ways to get out...he's been getting out to the same ball all the time.

Sehwag...well. He needs to be given a break. He failed miserably in South Africa, England and now again in Australia. That's a long long rope that's already been given to him.

I don't understand how Dravid is the wall. I mean he should of never been called "the wall". He has the record for most bowled. He was also close to that before the series started as well.

Is Johnson completely out of the picture now then. When does the next test start? Hopefully its on SS3 again and back at 11.30pm UK time, which im guessing it will considering its not in Perth.

indian ratings plummeting as the public gets sick of seeing the team fail.

great news, the BCCI might start to realise that cutting open your golden goose achieves nothing.

great news, the BCCI might start to realise that cutting open your golden goose achieves nothing.

No. I would be far more happier if IPL and T20 ratings plummet. If any, BCCI could start ignoring test cricket more if they see test match TRP ratings plummet. And I dont want that to happen.

All i can say is that for Australia test cricket is well alive and interesting. TWO close matches from south africa and new zealand is doing ratings well.

Along with Warner's crazy century.

And Australia's ratings are up by 30-40% from last summer, despite it being the Ashes last year - the biggest series. It's simple, fans love it when their team is winning.

It's the same with the BCCI, and I've said it before. Their money and scheduling follows the format India is doing best at, because that will be the most popular with the fans. eg. IPL was planned before India won the T20 WC in 2007, but it took off afterwards. Then BCCI added 2 Test home series vs SA and Australia last year to try and retain their #1 Test ranking and bring the big teams in to maximise the value they could get from being #1. Then this year we saw England go to India to play nothing but ODIs, after they won the WC. Adding random matches here and there that suit their current strengths is OK, s long as they don't abandon Test cricket (or even just overseas Test tours) because they are losing.

Is Johnson completely out of the picture now then. When does the next test start? Hopefully its on SS3 again and back at 11.30pm UK time, which im guessing it will considering its not in Perth.

Most will think he's done, but I personally think he'll be back in the picture next summer. I read Johnson's considering joining the IPL to get back in the selectors minds. I'd prefer he tried to get a county contract, but anyway. Whatever he does, I'd be surprised if he's back in the team before next summer. Although he did have a very good 2011 in the limited overs stuff, so that's where he might get back in initially.

I think he'll do well next summer for WA, the breeze suits him at the WACA and he can try out that short run up and see if he can get that working. Of course with so many young fast bowlers around, he'll face a tough time getting back, but it's almost a given that a few of those will be injured at any given time, so he's got a chance.

Clean Sweep Is Waiting For India :lol

Assuming the article is true...

Users who are viewing this thread