Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Finally, Sehwag plays an innings that he should have played long back in this series so that India could have fared a lot more better. The law of averages had to catch up.

What are you talking about? :D

Only a matter of time for Dravid now too, getting Tendulkar first would be a massive scalp and should see the Indians fall away.

This is why people often say that Sehwag does not worry about the pitch!

Obviously after 4 days, there are lots of dangerous air pockets over the pitch from where the bowlers have been sledging.

How much has this umpire been paid to check every Indian wicket? Really killing the excitement with this bullshit

Yes, exactly, Rohit should bat where Laxman bats and Pujara can take Dravid's spot. Pujara is pretty used to bat at that position.

Sehwag, the other day suggested he would bat in middle order so he can take Sachin's spot but I don't think its a good idea.

Perhaps, my line-up sans these batting greats would be:

Gautam Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Rohit Sharma
??????
MS Dhoni/Dinesh Karthik/Parthiv Patel
Irfan Pathan
R.Ashwin/Harbhajan
Praveen Kumar
Zaheer Khan

S.Badrinath haven't lived upto the expectations as a good batsman considering he scores tons of runs in domestic cricket otherwise he would have been a great addition to the team

In my opinion the best #3 for India would be Gambhir but that would mean getting 2 new openers and that's never going to happen. Its not much of a drop down but if Sehwag doesn't want to open then put him at #3 and let him be the buffer for the youngsters.

Also I wouldn't get rid of Yadav. He has shown good upside and all he needs is a bit of work and patience.

If he is retained or decides not to retire after this series, I think it would be more advisable for him to bat down the order, perhaps at #5 instead of Laxman.

Thanks for the memories, Jammy! What a great career you have had. Hope you are always remembered a legend in Indian cricket in the future....

These no balls are getting beyond stupid and BS. I mean, ARE THE UMPIRES BLIND? The instant replay by channel 9, it was clearly a legal delivery.

The job of umpire is to LOOK DOWN.

WHO tweaking CARES? YOU GUYS WON 4-0! Can't you just be happy with that? Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread