Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, another update,, I had a game against india and batted first on a hardwicket, sunnyday. scored 308. Just wondering is there anyway you can make the cpu bowl really nice deliveries? at the moment usually the only way i get out, is getting caught or runout trying to push a quick run,, it would be cool if every now and then the cpu would bowl a cracker delivery, that comes off the pitch differently to make batting more challenging or something.

CoolGamePlayPatch-Version:2 RR--Released!, Download Now!!!

Hi All!,

As Promised i release CoolGamePlayPatch-Version:2 Re-Release!!! :happy

All the details in here : Boss CGP

Download from Here : CGPv2RR (incl: CGPv2RR configs, ModFields, New TV style Camera, CoverDrive-Advance Fix, New List.txt)

Download Bonus Patches Here: (Both RealHardMode and FunnyMode incl) BonusPatches

(This server doesn't support Hot linking. So instead of directly clicking on it, use "save target as" method, also before using the file check the file with the latest anti virus prog coz still there might be a server side attack!)

Download is attached in this thread is well!!!

Details:

Title : CoolGamePlayPatch-Version:2
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615&page=1
Heartly Thanks to : All the forum members who give lot of encouragement to make this patch

Game Modes:

As it was in previous patches, this patch supports All game modes (Easy- for beginners, Normal- for amateurs, and Hard- for pro's, as well as All Game Versions (Tests, ODIs). Now specially included RealHardMode and FunnyMode. You have to play u'r self to find what is these bonus patches!

CGPv2RR Hi-lights:

1. Edges don't carry to the fielders bug is cleared, now it can carry, drop down and even fly-over fielders head at time.

2. Bowling Cursor Prob Fixed

3. CPU pacing in TESTS as well as ODI matches is fixed!

4. Early on u have to play u'r self defensively(say about confidence meter is half full), then u may go for u'r shots!, if u try to play too many forcing shots, u may be down and out!.((This is even for the CPU batsmen)

5. For both CPU and Us, i make vulnerable at stumps and judging movement or spin!, so play carefully!

6. The CPU judges the runs very well, they run 2/3 runs whenever is possible!(along with Sams Patch)

*. New TV Style Camera Added!, Starts with the default cam and after the ball is bowled it changes into new ball track camera!, try u'r self to find out how good it is!

*. CoverDrive-Advance shot fix is provided!,

*. New GamePlay Modes added: RealHardMode and FunnyMode! :D

Installation details are in my web page!!!
Boss CGP

Patch Features:

1. The AI is improved even better (in terms of shot selection, pacing the innings, field placements)

2. The Shot's power is tweaked in an enhanced way that make sure the same shot will not produce same results!

3. The Shot's co-ordinates are edited according to real life cricket!!!

4. Few field modifications made from previous version!!!

5. The Edge is even for every bowler now!, so don't carried away when u bowl with a spinner!, keeping up a slip is always handy!

6. The CPU pacing is improved, it starts steadily and go for a burst in between and build an innings smoothly, then will go sweet mad in final overs and slog it around to get a figurable score!

7. The shot selection for both CPU and us is common now!, u can't always connect the ball 100%, it may be several time beaten or even taking wickets with that if the shot selection went wrong!

8. In test matches u have to really set before go!, coz early on u may get lots of nicks if u go for a off side shots early!,

9. Same applied to ODIs, even u have to think twice to go for a 6 hit before u set, coz it is more random now!!!

10. Now u can get CPU wicket by "Bowled and LBW" is well, i'm making them(for the matter of truth us is well) vulnerable when the ball pitched at stumps regularly!

11. I don't give any special lenience to CPU!!!, it'll be like 50-50 to us!!!, what ever happen to us is same applied to them is well!!!

12. Better oppositions do play well than u at times!!!

13. Advanced down wicket shots are tuned down a bit.

14. The Seam movement is very prominent now!, (at times it may look like Swing!!!)

15. Bowling Cursor is varied on the Game mode. It is very hard to bowl in Hard mode on the same spot again and again. For lesser quality there is a bigger cursor indeed!

16. Ball bumpyness is depends on the pitch type now!!

Now what?:

After playing a bit with this patch, pls remind to put your comments/reviews/feedback into Planetcricket forum thread

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

If u like to e-mail me : [email protected]

Happy Gaming Cricket'2004!!! :happy

------------------
Boss
------------------

Last edited:
Reply: 2.3.2005 9.40 p.m.IST

Overall a good patch but the edges have to be tweaked.
EDIT:Forgot to mention, the run-out of Dhoni was a direct hit.
by ZoraxDoom

A proper blend between patch 1 & 2 will give a great patch. Boss keep up the good work
by Ashnal

at the start of odi's could u make the cpu a little bit more aggressive say at the end of 15 overs be around 60-80.
by RobertPorter

Ok, another update,, I had a game against india and batted first on a hardwicket, sunnyday. scored 308. Just wondering is there anyway you can make the cpu bowl really nice deliveries? at the moment usually the only way i get out, is getting caught or runout trying to push a quick run,, it would be cool if every now and then the cpu would bowl a cracker delivery, that comes off the pitch differently to make batting more challenging or something.
by groobz

can't wait till u release it boss..
by E=MC

man it is now 8:02 cant wait 53 min more
by faraz haider

Thank u to all the members to provide u'r valuable comm/fb/rev/app!, I release CGPv2RR now, hope that will fix all the bugs u guys mentioned and taking the game into new level!!!

Cheers

Boss

thanks boss. going to try it now
by E=MC

thank u!, Cheers!!!

Boss.....check ur PM
by tutsipoppy

Done mate!!!

Boss

Boss thanks for your updated patch it is really good but the T.V style camera settings for Default batting is too far it should be more zoomed in your fielding action camera is really good but if it could zoom to the fielders fronton view when the ball approaches the fielder that would make it great, the first person fielder camera is not working. Overall it is really great but hopefully infuture you could work on better camera angles like T.V style when the bowler bowls the camera is zoomed on him and when the batsmen approaches to play the bowl the camera is zoomed on the him just like ingame camera replay.

boss i dont know how to install the tv style camera i dont understand you in your read me file please help thanks

Excellent patch boss.. One small improvement needed - in the camera angles, you have zoomed in more into the ball and not onto the fielder chasing the ball. Make it zoom on the fielder chasing the ball. Even when the ball is hit for a hour or a six in areas where the fielders are not visible, zoom out the camera. i hope you get what i mean!

One more thing boss, batting seems very easy in tests.. i am playing as India now against pakistan and I am scoring at 6+ per over. I am 56/0 off 9 overs. In te v2 version, the off side shots didnt have much power and was good as the scoring and run rate was very realistic. Now its not the same. The off side shots rocket to the boundary and the scoring is getting fast!

Last edited:
jazz said:
boss i dont know how to install the tv style camera i dont understand you in your read me file please help thanks

can someone plz reply and help me plz

Users who are viewing this thread