Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jazz said:
can someone plz reply and help me plz

ok, I will

1. Open the tvstylecamera.txt file that is included with the patch (preferrably with Notepad!)

2. Go to "Edit -> Select All" (Also can be done with Ctrl+A) and then when all text is highlighted, select "Edit -> Copy" (Also can be done with Ctrl+C)

3. Open Config Editor v2. In the drop down box there, go to "Camera Settings 3"

4. Right click within the text area and select "Select All". All the text in there will be highlighted.

5. Now, hit "Ctrl+V" . Your Camera settings that you copied from the tvstylecamera.txt should be pasted into the camera settings 3 window.

6. Now click "Save". It should give you a prompt "Successfully Saved"

Tips: After hitting "Ctrl+V", make sure that at the bottom of the Config Editor v2 window, it says "Current bytes/bytes opened: 6174/6174" . Both numbers should be equal. If its not equal, then when you save, it will give you a prompt "Wrong File Size". Then close everything and repeat the steps again. It should work out fine!

thanks saisrini80

on the readme boss said GI v2.0 folder and i mistakley thought that it was meant for graphics importer v2.o

anyway thanks

Last edited:
hi guys just downloaded boss's patch and am having difficulty with 2 things:

1. Camera Settings 3 in config editor 2 i cannot find this setting at all?

2. Cover advance where is this setting i cannot find it either, i found 1 where it says:

cover drive def
cover drive attack
cover drive 6 hit

but cannot find cover drive advance

please tell me where to find these settings.

* I tried following saisrini80 instructions for camera but could not find the setting he was talking about in config editor 2.

i also tried config editor 3 but same thing cannot find either camera setting or cover advance?????

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Boss iam downloading it and will give myside views of it later.

keep up the good work

kymsheba said:

2. Cover advance where is this setting i cannot find it either, i found 1 where it says:

cover drive def
cover drive attack
cover drive 6 hit

but cannot find cover drive advance

please tell me where to find these settings.

* I tried following saisrini80 instructions for camera but could not find the setting he was talking about in config editor 2.

i also tried config editor 3 but same thing cannot find either camera setting or cover advance?????

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

well my friend i think u have to use cfg editor 3 and not 2

sorry, couldn't find it here, but what exactly does this coverdrive setting change?

Hi boss - why are you working with config editor 2? Config 3 seems a bit more in depth...
I am confused. Can config editor 2&3 work together???
Is there not a way of just importing the cover drive advance vales into colin's list.txt? Looking forward to this patch tho'.....thanx

hi boss this is a review for your patch i was playing a 50 over game south africa (me) v West Indes

after 14 overs west indes made a brilliant start they were 80/2 but by the 30th over they were all out for 99 i think this is the biggest batting collapse i ever seen. nicky boje my spinner took 6 wickets :eek:

i dont know if the batting collpase happend due to your patch or excellent bowling by me but all together this ia a relativley a good patch :D

Hi The Champ,

the champ:
well my friend i think u have to use cfg editor 3 and not 2

yeah i did try config editor 3 as well as i said in my post but still cant find the values? anyone out there find these values if so can you tell me what you used ie:config editor 2 or 3 and where it is in the file please

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

kymsheba said:
Hi The Champ,

the champ:

yeah i did try config editor 3 as well as i said in my post but still cant find the values? anyone out there find these values if so can you tell me what you used ie:config editor 2 or 3 and where it is in the file please

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

if you look at the list.txt file for config 2 it is really similar to boss's list.txt. The cover advance values are right at the bottom of boss's - just follow his readme. Config 3 list.txt is much more detailed. This is what i understand. I may be wrong but I think you have to use config 2 not 3. If you do use config3 save the list.txt file under a different namejust in case. I hope someone with a better understanding explains this in more detail...

Well i have tried ur patch in odi boss well it rocks boss. its superb man the gameplay is very much similar to internationals i havent tried it in test though. but still it really looks nice. the shots are well edited in this than in the previous one mate.

really planetcricket staff memebers should appreciate boss for his patches. really they are very good indeed.

Ok i'm playing a game Aus (me) vs Ind hard pitch hot day

sent them into bat and after 10overs they're 3/14! 1.4runs per over :(,, the cpu are way too slow in scoring.

Hi bobmotty,

by bobmotty:

if you look at the list.txt file for config 2 it is really similar to boss's list.txt. The cover advance values are right at the bottom of boss's - just follow his readme. Config 3 list.txt is much more detailed. This is what i understand. I may be wrong but I think you have to use config 2 not 3. If you do use config3 save the list.txt file under a different namejust in case. I hope someone with a better understanding explains this in more detail...

THANKYOU VERY MUCH...your explanation was spot on and it works. You sir are a legend :)

i have added to your rep for your much valued answer mate.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Thank u All! Reply on 3.3.05, 8.40 p.m. IST

Boss thanks for your updated patch it is really good but the T.V style camera settings for Default batting is too far it should be more zoomed in your fielding action camera is really good but if it could zoom to the fielders fronton view when the ball approaches the fielder that would make it great, the first person fielder camera is not working. Overall it is really great but hopefully infuture you could work on better camera angles like T.V style when the bowler bowls the camera is zoomed on him and when the batsmen approaches to play the bowl the camera is zoomed on the him just like ingame camera replay.
by joesaadati

thank u mate 4 u'r app and comm!, i'll look on camera settings more to get perfect in upcoming patches!, cheers!

Excellent patch boss.. One small improvement needed - in the camera angles, you have zoomed in more into the ball and not onto the fielder chasing the ball. Make it zoom on the fielder chasing the ball. Even when the ball is hit for a hour or a six in areas where the fielders are not visible, zoom out the camera. i hope you get what i mean!

One more thing boss, batting seems very easy in tests.. i am playing as India now against pakistan and I am scoring at 6+ per over. I am 56/0 off 9 overs. In te v2 version, the off side shots didnt have much power and was good as the scoring and run rate was very realistic. Now its not the same. The off side shots rocket to the boundary and the scoring is getting fast!
by saisrini80

thank u sai 4 u'r app and comm!, camera angles will be perfected in next patch!, ya! i edited few off side stroke value higher as few fellow members find it difficult!, anyhow if u wanna play @ top quality hard mode, u may try RealHardMode(incl in Bonus patches!).

boss i dont know how to install the tv style camera i dont understand you in your read me file please help thanks

can someone plz reply and help me plz
by jazz

cover drive def
cover drive attack
cover drive 6 hit

but cannot find cover drive advance please tell me where to find these settings.

Many thanks in advance.
by kymsheba

sorry, couldn't find it here, but what exactly does this coverdrive setting change?
by groobz

Is there not a way of just importing the cover drive advance vales into colin's list.txt? Looking forward to this patch tho'.....thanx
by bobmotty

Hi all members!

I have to explain how to install NewCameraSettings and CoverDriveAdvance shot tweak!(i'm mistaken in my web page and readme install notes!,sorry 4 that!, anyhow thanks to sai and bob to explain few thinks!)

To install New TV style Camera : install List.txt(provided with patch) in ConfigEditor v2.0 folder. Now copy the content of tvstylecamera.txt into ConfigEditor v2.0-Camera Settings 3 tab. If u like to un-inst it copy the content of regularcamera.txt into ConfigEditor v2.0-Camera Settings 3 tab.

To fix the Advance Cover-drive problem: install List.txt(provided with patch) in ConfigEditor v2.0 folder. Now copy the content of coveradvance.txt into ConfigEditor v2.0-coveradvance tab.

Both the Camera Settings 3 and CoverAdvance can be found @ right at the bottom of the ConfigEditor v2.0 tabs. In case if the size mismatch error occurs,try to copy again from text file correctly coz there may be few blank spaces covered!. Guys!, don't confuse it with ConfigEditor V3.0 coz still am using CE v2.0 for patch editing and find it pretty easy!, i think i made it clear now!, hope this will help!!

(to groobz: Hi mate!, the CoverAdvance shot is not edited by any one before!, i put my hand on that first!, actually it tweaks the shot-selection correctly coz b4 CPU try to come down to whack it on Cover when bowler bowls half way down and get stumped!, so i made CPU now select this shot when the ball pitches into full length only!,i think i made it clr?.)

Boss iam downloading it and will give myside views of it later.

keep up the good work!

Well i have tried ur patch in odi boss well it rocks boss. its superb man the gameplay is very much similar to internationals i havent tried it in test though. but still it really looks nice. the shots are well edited in this than in the previous one mate.

really planetcricket staff memebers should appreciate boss for his patches. really they are very good indeed
by The Champ

Thank u very much champ 4 u'r kind app!, exp u'r rev more!

hi boss this is a review for your patch i was playing a 50 over game south africa (me) v West Indes

after 14 overs west indes made a brilliant start they were 80/2 but by the 30th over they were all out for 99 i think this is the biggest batting collapse i ever seen. nicky boje my spinner took 6 wickets

i dont know if the batting collpase happend due to your patch or excellent bowling by me but all together this ia a relativley a good patch
by jazz

thanks 4 u'r rev jazz!, Can u explain more how wicket fall? and what pitch type?, may be i'll correct it!, coz i never seen any batting collapse like this b4!, strange to me!, may be u'r bowling is too good i think!

Ok i'm playing a game Aus (me) vs Ind hard pitch hot day

sent them into bat and after 10overs they're 3/14! 1.4runs per over ,, the cpu are way too slow in scoring
by groobz

that is very strange is well groobz!, coz normally they r seem to score @ around 5+ in hard pitch with me!(and with BatWindowIdealSize 6.0, i can't expect that might happen!, what can i say abt it?)

Never mind.....it is working now....
by ZoraxDoom

i'm waiting 4 u'r comm/rev/fb on this patch eagerly my friend!

O.K. Still i don't get any comm on Bonus Patches!(may be all of u trying CGPv2RR now!), Thank u VeryMuch to all of u who made valuable comm on the patch!, now i'll expect more rev/fb/comm!

Cheers! :happy :happy :happy

Boss

Last edited:
Thanks boss.. Yeah, keep perfecting the camera angles. How do you put so much time into this? Gr8!!!

Does the cover advance problem solve the cpu getting stumped often when the spinners bowl some wide deliveries?? Thats a bad bug coz the cpu never recovers to the crease to avoid the stumping and so if it misses, its stumped!

Users who are viewing this thread