Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boss thanks for your updated patch it is really good but the T.V style camera settings for Default batting is too far it should be more zoomed in your fielding action camera is really good but if it could zoom to the fielders fronton view when the ball approaches the fielder that would make it great, the first person fielder camera is not working. Overall it is really great but hopefully infuture you could work on better camera angles like T.V style when the bowler bowls the camera is zoomed on him and when the batsmen approaches to play the bowl the camera is zoomed on the him just like ingame camera replay.

Thanks boss.. Yeah, keep perfecting the camera angles. How do you put so much time into this? Gr8!!!

Does the cover advance problem solve the cpu getting stumped often when the spinners bowl some wide deliveries?? Thats a bad bug coz the cpu never recovers to the crease to avoid the stumping and so if it misses, its stumped!
by sai!

time is never a prob to me sai!, atleast to make this game some what playable is what am trying to do!, btw the cover-advance prob is fixed as far as i'm tested!

Boss thanks for your updated patch it is really good but the T.V style camera settings for Default batting is too far it should be more zoomed in your fielding action camera is really good but if it could zoom to the fielders fronton view when the ball approaches the fielder that would make it great, the first person fielder camera is not working. Overall it is really great but hopefully infuture you could work on better camera angles like T.V style when the bowler bowls the camera is zoomed on him and when the batsmen approaches to play the bowl the camera is zoomed on the him just like ingame camera replay.
by joe

thank u mate 4 u'r app and comm!, i'll look on camera settings more to get perfect in upcoming patches!, cheers!

Boss

boss said:
thanks 4 u'r rev jazz!, Can u explain more how wicket fall? and what pitch type?, may be i'll correct it!, coz i never seen any batting collapse like this b4!, strange to me!, may be u'r bowling is too good i think!..

yes boss i was playing on a normal pitch in capetown the temperature was on cool. i was bowling with the quicks and west indes were playing good shots and they had a high runrate after 14 overs west indes were 80/2 in the 15th over i bought on boje he bowled a ball on off stump just short of a good length delivery to lara. the ball span into lara and he tried to cut the ball but he missed it and the ball just caught the bails. at this point windes were 80/3 then after that windes were batting a slow run rate and i was taking wickets regulary with my spinner. in the 15th-30th over windes only managed 19 runs with the fall of 8 wickets.

all together after the 30th over windes were 99 all out. i was very amazed and shocked at this because after 14 overs when windes were 80/2 i thought they would never collpase to 99 all out :eek:

most of my wickets happened with the spinner

Last edited:
Hi Boss,

Great patch mate! :)

Have done the first test match with computer playing against itself, i watched every ball as i do when reviewing a patch with computer vs computer so i can see affects of the patch in question.

so here goes with the review of what happened with your patch.

Posted by: Jazz
yes boss i was playing on a normal pitch in capetown the temperature was on cool. i was bowling with the quicks and west indes were playing good shots and they had a high runrate after 14 overs west indes were 80/2 in the 15th over i bought on boje he bowled a ball on off stump just short of a good length delivery to lara. the ball span into lara and he tried to cut the ball but he missed it and the ball just caught the bails. at this point windes were 80/3 then after that windes were batting a slow run rate and i was taking wickets regulary with my spinner. in the 15th-30th over windes only managed 19 runs with the fall of 8 wickets.

all together after the 30th over windes were 99 all out. i was very amazed and shocked at this because after 14 overs when windes were 80/2 i thought they would never collpase to 99 all out

I too had what Jazz describe happen to me but in a test match, got to 5th day and all of a sudden leg spinner went berzerk and got the following figures:

Danish Kanira:
Overs: 4
Maidens: 4
Runs: 0
Wickets: 6

as you can see it was a disaster the opposing team were all out for 60 they could not score a run off the spinner in question.

below is summary of the match, once again this match was not autoplayed i watched every ball bowled (lol i know i need a life).

Patches: Boss's Latest, Boss's Fields latest, Boss's Advance cover drive fix, Sams runout fix.

Pakistan (computer) vs West Indies (computer)

Stadium: Rawalpindi
Conditions: Hot, Sunny, Dusty Pitch, No Rain

West Indies won the toss and put Pakistan in to bat.

Pakistan 1st Innings: 480 / 9 declared, 157 overs, end of play day 2.

West Indies 1st Innings: 320 / 10 all out, 109 overs, 12:17pm day 4.

Pakistan 2nd innings: 190 / 6 Declared, 55 overs, end of play day 4.

West Indies 2nd Innings: 60 / 10 all out, 13 overs, 12:28pm day 5.

As you can see i was very impressed with the first 3 innings it was a great match plenty of back and forth with bowlers on top then batters coming back pacing through out was excellent.

*things that need attention for next patch*
As with what happened to Jazz, i had the same happen in the 4th innings (West Innings) on the 5th day.

Danish Kanira (Leg Spinner):
Overs: 4
Maidens: 4
Runs: 0
Wickets: 6

as you can see a batting collapse against spinner in 4th Innings, weird thing about it though was the bowler in question did not do this in the West Indies first innings????

so i am not totally sure that this will happen every time or was just 1 of those batting collapses you see in real life once in a blue moon (ie: M.Clark when he took 6 wickets for 9 off 6.2 overs in India) so i am doing another test match with computer vs computer to try it out again and see if same batting collapse against spinners happen in last innings again.

Hope this review was not too long and boring for people. Have tried to list only important things that happened in the match.

Final Summary: Pacing is excellent (best yet), Shot selection is very good, Not that many bowled though only had 2...both were hit wicket attempting block shot needs to be tweaked a bit more so more bowled - out of the 35 wickets that fell there were, 3 run outs, 2 Hit wickets (bowled) 30 caught (10 of those 30 caught in slips this i would not change just right amount i believe being caught in slips), leg spinner taking a heap of wickets in last innings needs addressing.

Well i hope this was the sort of thing you were after in reviewing your patch.

Plan on doing 1 more computer vs computer test match and a couple of 1 dayers as well as then proceding onto computer vs me in tests and 1 dayers.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Last edited:
hey guys, just relating to what jazz said. i just played a test against bangladesh (i was australia) with your patch and i bowled bangladesh out for 9. it took about 20 overs. macgill took 8/0 from 5.3 overs. mcgrath 1/4 off 7 with 6 maidens, gillespie 1/0 off 6 and hogg 0/0 off 3. the other 4 runs came from byes. the majority of wickets by mcgill were caught in close by ponting at silly mid off (6 catches) one at bat pad and one at keeper. i like the idea of getting catches off the gloves and that but this was a bit ridiculus! is there a way to fix this. the game was played in bangladesh. hard pitch and i bowled first so it was the first 20 overs or so of the match....

Waugh, looks like your having a similar problem as me with the cpu scoring really slow.

Another thing i noticed boss is when the ball is pitched on off/middle with pace bowling sometimes the cpu try's and plays the (3rdman cutshot), usually results in the ball flying over the stumps.

i havent had that problem with the late cut. ive got wickets with the pacemen by bowling tight outside offstump then full on off and they edge occasionally. is there anything we can do about the poor batting by the comp

Reply: 4.3.2005 ,8.40 p.m. IST

Can't wait for your next patch and especially hopefully your camera settings.
by joes

thank u joes!, trying to perfect cam settings in next patch!

all together after the 30th over windes were 99 all out. i was very amazed and shocked at this because after 14 overs when windes were 80/2 i thought they would never collpase to 99 all out

by jazz

thank u 4 u'r detailed rev!, i'll check the CPU prob facing spinners!

its really surprising mate to see that
by The Champ

I'm also surprised to see that champ!

Great patch mate!

Final Summary: Pacing is excellent (best yet), Shot selection is very good, Not that many bowled though only had 2...both were hit wicket attempting block shot needs to be tweaked a bit more so more bowled - out of the 35 wickets that fell there were, 3 run outs, 2 Hit wickets (bowled) 30 caught (10 of those 30 caught in slips this i would not change just right amount i believe being caught in slips), leg spinner taking a heap of wickets in last innings needs addressing.

Well i hope this was the sort of thing you were after in reviewing your patch.

Plan on doing 1 more computer vs computer test match and a couple of 1 dayers as well as then proceding onto computer vs me in tests and 1 dayers.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)
by mike

thank u verymuch mike 4 u'r complete analysis and app!, It's amazing to see that kind of 4th inn collapse(as happened with jazz in ODI), i don't analyse where i went wrong?, have to find it out!, may be will address in next patch!, nice composition of wickets yeah!, cheers!

hey guys, just relating to what jazz said. i just played a test against bangladesh (i was australia) with your patch and i bowled bangladesh out for 9. it took about 20 overs. macgill took 8/0 from 5.3 overs. mcgrath 1/4 off 7 with 6 maidens, gillespie 1/0 off 6 and hogg 0/0 off 3. the other 4 runs came from byes. the majority of wickets by mcgill were caught in close by ponting at silly mid off (6 catches) one at bat pad and one at keeper. i like the idea of getting catches off the gloves and that but this was a bit ridiculus! is there a way to fix this. the game was played in bangladesh. hard pitch and i bowled first so it was the first 20 overs or so of the match....
by Mwaugh

thanks 4 u'r comm!,i have to play my self more to find out why this sucking prob arise from nowhere!(i.e. CPU collapsing to spinners), batpad cathces are already fixed!, still this kind of results annoying to me!, let see what will happen after more comm/rev/fb!

Another thing i noticed boss is when the ball is pitched on off/middle with pace bowling sometimes the cpu try's and plays the (3rdman cutshot), usually results in the ball flying over the stumps.
by groobz

i will check on that one too mate!, thanks!

Boss

You may have noticed I only review bowling.
That is because batting with your patch is perfection for me.
The last match(Ind A vs. Scot) where I needed 159 to win. I won by 1 wicket.
Mainly because I took 3 wickets bowling with Ind A(was using savtweak to change bowlers and decided to experiment)
2 wkts. off one over to Sriram.
Slog Sweep caught at midwicket and a bizzare bowled, drive to mid on, inside edge into pads, rolled onto the stumps. Very realistic
Great patch. Keep up the good work.
I am planning to start a story thread with your patch. Just have to get this fraps thing sorted out. Watch out for it.

You may have noticed I only review bowling.
That is because batting with your patch is perfection for me.
The last match(Ind A vs. Scot) where I needed 159 to win. I won by 1 wicket.
Mainly because I took 3 wickets bowling with Ind A(was using savtweak to change bowlers and decided to experiment)
2 wkts. off one over to Sriram.
Slog Sweep caught at midwicket and a bizzare bowled, drive to mid on, inside edge into pads, rolled onto the stumps. Very realistic
Great patch. Keep up the good work.
I am planning to start a story thread with your patch. Just have to get this fraps thing sorted out. Watch out for it.
by ZoraxDoom

Thank u 4 u'r rev and app Zorax!, looking forward to see u'r story thread!

Cheers!

Boss

hi boss i wanna uninstall your tv camersa settings so i copied the content from regular camera and pasted it into config editor 2 camera settings 3 tab but wen i play my the camera settings dont change to regular settings they stay at the new camera settings.

please help thank you

like everyone i did not try cgpvrr2 but instead i tried funny patch. it was cool to play with it. batting is very easy as bowl always bounces and feilders just watching the bow going to the fence but bowling is difficult in it as u can get even a wicket as i tried and got nothing.

well i will try cgpvv2 and give review of it soon.

kymsheba said:
hi guys just downloaded boss's patch and am having difficulty with 2 things:

1. Camera Settings 3 in config editor 2 i cannot find this setting at all?

2. Cover advance where is this setting i cannot find it either, i found 1 where it says:

cover drive def
cover drive attack
cover drive 6 hit

but cannot find cover drive advance

please tell me where to find these settings.

* I tried following saisrini80 instructions for camera but could not find the setting he was talking about in config editor 2.

i also tried config editor 3 but same thing cannot find either camera setting or cover advance?????

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)
so wot do we click on out of these?!

Users who are viewing this thread