Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
indiancricketer said:
Whats is cover advance? what does it do.... i have been able to put the camera into the game so far it looks good :D

Cover advance is basically the cover drive shot that you play when coming down the wicket! When you dance down the wicket(the D button!) and then hit a cover drive!

Cover advance is basically the cover drive shot that you play when coming down the wicket! When you dance down the wicket(the D button!) and then hit a cover drive!
by saisrini80
thanks man for your explanation coz I didn't know about it either.

boss said:
by The Champ

As i said earlier the in-game player char are simply poor!, By changing them into more real we can make them play better or worst! :D ,

For eg: i reduce the agility and speed param of both Inzamam and Ganguly to around 65%(both Captains), now they are really running as they are in real life! :( , and Yuvraj Singh marked as a defensive player, now am making him aggressive and slogger is well!, For afridi i reduce the concentration, increase aggression to 100% and reduce defence to 2%, now it is working very well in-game i could say!, But it could take some time is well!,(Though i'm now currently re-making the international player char only!)

by mike

Ya mike!, i also like to see the rev of u'r 2nd match!, btw u'r guess is correct!, i'm turning down defensive option for the players (it may take 70 deliveries to score 1 run! :D for the def.player!, where as normally moderate player can start scoring after 20-35 balls, and aggressive one in the mood from 10 balls onwards!, btw by changing their Aggression and defensive params accordingly)

Anyhow I wish to put the defensive player option is well!, as far as am concern Mark Richardson of NZ(is he still playing intl cricket? or retired?) and Akash Chopra of IND are real def one!, i also like to know who are left!, let me know!

by Zorax

Ya Zorax!, Though am intresting to change all the player char, still i'm prepared to change the international player only, that'll suffice to provide the idea of how gameplay will change!, and someone then try to implement in first class players!, coz it is very tough!, i successfully change all the param of Pakistani team and it took abt 2 hrs today for me!,

Btw i'm not intr in updating the stats at this time!, that take little part only in the game play!, some assumption work in this part will be employed!, still i can make player with the avg of "0" to play like tendulkar! :eek:

Thank u verymuch for u'r rep! (i got 18 rep pts with in today!, thank u all!)

groobz

Hi groobz!, mmmm, still finding edges fall at ground?, i'm down and out!, it didn't happen to me!, today i played IND vs AUS on Green Pitch Type, on the 1st inn itself india get-out 5 wickets on the full corridor of slip catches!, MaxTrajAdjust don't estimate edges value!(but it may define sometime), u have to change the values in EdgeFast 2 and try to play a bit with power and direction values!, let me know what'll happen?

by nik

Thank u very much Boss!!! :)

Cheers!

Boss :happy
so will you add new player also , richardson is retired , you are utting great effort mate , welll i surely not find edges falling short of slip but instead i found edges going over the top of slips

Hi Boss,

Half way through doing 2nd test match review computer vs computer will update you when done.

One thing is becoming apparent though is that there are no batsmen getting bowled i have had only 3 wickets in 6 innings so far all where computer has played onto stumps, not one clean bowled is there a setting i can adjust to get more bowled.

I think if i increase the setting below the computer may get bowled more is this correct if not what setting do i need to adjust?

CpuDifficulty 0.150000

hey boss have you found the solution to fix the poor computer batting yet?

Hey M.Waugh,, try creating another username and using this,, i was pretty much having very similar probs to you,, and i did this and now i'm having a great game. It might be just that i'm using N.Z instead of Australia,,, but anyway.

Boss,, i was bowling to australia today,, they were plugging away at about 5.5-6 per over for a while,, but then all of a sudden around the 30 over mark or so,, they slow right down!!! they had a dash at the end,, but still,, they ended up scoring 250 but they could of hit 300 if they kept pressing.

Woh!,woh!, lot of Replies!, Reply on 7.3.2005 9.05 p.m. IST

Why don't you just make it into a GI file which can be imported? This will be much simpler. Use the Gzip creator like you do for the fields.

Or they could just use the import zip option on GI once Boss has had a chance to sort it.
by colin

I'm working on it just as you told it!, anyhow nice idea mate!!!

Mark Richardson is now retired.....
Defensive players are:
A.Chopra
J.Langer(actually sort of moderate, has a strike rate of around 40-50 in real life)

Well thats all I guess......
Maybe Dravid, he is like Langer, except in ODIs......

Don't forget Blignaut, De VIlliers and Yuvraj as pinch hitters(like Afridi, with a better defense, probably 75-80% aggresion.)

I don't mind about county players, hardly anyone plays with them, but don't forget the minnows
(Well I re-read my last post and realized a flaw:
Aussie state and County players all appear in the selection of squad for England and Austrailia, so they all count as international players(no telling when we would want them in our team)
by ZoraxDoom

Thank you Zorax for guessing few defensive player!, I don't think Langer should be rated as a defensive player!, he really go after the bowling after settled!, may be Moderate player rating is good!, Yes!, i incl all the minnows in the intl team update is well!

Guys to install Boss's newtvstyle camera all you have to do is go to configv3 under camera highlight the content of the default camera settings then Delete it. Once this is done highlight the content of newtvstyle settings and copy, paste in place of the default. Oh!! don't forget to press save button to save the settings that is all. Cheers
by joes

thank u joes for helping ppl doubts!

Whats is cover advance? what does it do.... i have been able to put the camera into the game so far it looks good
by indiancricketer

thanks man for your explanation coz I didn't know about it either.
by preet

by sai

Thank u verymuch sai for explaining few thinks!

so will you add new player also , richardson is retired , you are utting great effort mate , welll i surely not find edges falling short of slip but instead i found edges going over the top of slips
by faraz

Thank you faraz for your app!, I make edges more random now, that working well!(but not always going above the slip!), btw you are doing good job by providing Tutorial thread to post few ideas. Btw, i will release my complete Tutorial on AI patch making on wednesday!.

Hi Boss,

Half way through doing 2nd test match review computer vs computer will update you when done.

One thing is becoming apparent though is that there are no batsmen getting bowled i have had only 3 wickets in 6 innings so far all where computer has played onto stumps, not one clean bowled is there a setting i can adjust to get more bowled.

I think if i increase the setting below the computer may get bowled more is this correct if not what setting do i need to adjust?

CpuDifficulty 0.150000
by mike

Advance thanks for your review mike!, You need to adjust lot of parameters to get CPU bowled!, CpuDifficulty is one of it!, u may try to test on it!, but too much CpuDifficulty will suck the entire game down!, i done it for a nice mixture of wickets!(early on lot of slip catches, then few gen catches,LBW,bowled!), you now have the chance of getting tailender batsmen wicket bowled more than top order palyer!, thats how it works now!, any how thanks for asking few thinks!

No mate i had a clean bowled using patch 2, use exe demo by sam to get good effect
by The Champ

Hi Champ,

Thx for the answer mate i will try exe demo from sam and see what happens.
by mike

You are right champ!, with the exe demo you get any batsmen out bowled or LBW!, but the bad part is the ball going thro' bat is something :D , may be the stable version will clear this BuG!

hey boss have you found the solution to fix the poor computer batting yet?
by Mwaugh

CGPv3 is not far away!, just wait mate!, (as now i'm busy with intl player char update and Tutorial on AI Config!)

and i did this and now i'm having a great game. It might be just that i'm using N.Z instead of Australia,,, but anyway.

Boss,, i was bowling to australia today,, they were plugging away at about 5.5-6 per over for a while,, but then all of a sudden around the 30 over mark or so,, they slow right down!!! they had a dash at the end,, but still,, they ended up scoring 250 but they could of hit 300 if they kept pressing.
by groobz

Thats what i told already!, this game plays differently with diff teams!(Aus remains No:1 :crying ), btw in the pacing in the middle overs CPU generally slows down a bit as i cut down the slog frequency as the field spread out and thus get them 6-7 wickets in hand in final overs to go mad!, anyhow 250 is better than 150 i think!, basically at times u may even get 250-300+, its all the variation!!!

well i find computer tough as they r making easily 230-270 in 50 overs
by faraz

Ya!, there is more chance of random scores now faraz with CGPv2RR!

N.B: A Complete Tutorial on AI Config Patch Making Release Date: 09.03.2005(Wednesday)

Boss

Few of the friends asking for original in-game cam settings(i wrongly attached my own pre-test camera for this b4!), so here we go!(attachment:Original camera Setting!, Grab it if u want!)

Last edited:
Compliment

Boss, I would like to compliment you on your utterly brilliant patches. You came on the scene as a nobody and are now a name know to everyone at Planet Cricket. I have even placed your patch on my website. These efforts should be applauded and are rightly said here. You have some Reputation Points from me. :clap

Skateboarder2 said:
You came on the scene as a nobody and are now a name know to everyone at Planet Cricket.

You obviously didn't know that Boss made a patch for cricket 2002 of the same name.

A Complete Tutorial For AI Patch Makers!, Download Now!

Friends,

As i promised, i post a new thread on "A Complete Tutorial For AI Patch Makers" in the main forum!, here is the thread:

A Complete Tutorial For AI Patch makers!

You can also download it from:

Download to unleash the AI Configs

(Use the "Save Target As" method than directly clicking on this link, coz of the server restricted the hot linking!)

Don't forget to put your comments, feedbacks, reviews on this Extensive AI Config Tutorial on that thread!. I welcome all of you there!,(But for the CGP related thinks, this is the place!). Though i am thoroughly checked this article, still there be any mistakes(by concept or words!, i'm exhausted u know!), feel free to post it!.

Cheers!

Boss

Boss, I would like to compliment you on your utterly brilliant patches. You came on the scene as a nobody and are now a name know to everyone at Planet Cricket. I have even placed your patch on my website. These efforts should be applauded and are rightly said here. You have some Reputation Points from me.
by SkateBoarder

Hi lee, Thanks for your ext app!, with out all of you i can't make this for!, Cheers mate!

You obviously didn't know that Boss made a patch for cricket 2002 of the same name.
by straw

Ya mate!, u'r correct!, but this EAC2004 CGP put the spotlight on me to show who i am!, thanks!

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
hi boss!
wonderful patches you've created man!!
never got a wicket by bowling out the batsman before in a test match , but today, bowled out sehwag on the first ball with alex wharf!!
thanx for the brilliant patches man!!

Boss: Virus

Hey boss,

the links you have posted "To unleash the AI configs". When I clicked it, it took me to a "SP Hosting blocked" page and immediately my Norton Auto Protect detected a Downloader Trojan horse virus being downloaded to my pc. So, plz look into it and host the file somewhere else. The SP hosting site is a virus site.

Users who are viewing this thread