Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi boss, your patch is good but needs some tweaking. Your IRCU needs some tweaks. For example, Chaminda Vaas was set as an opening left arm medium bowler when he is a Left Arm Fast bowler. Muralitharan is set to a moderate off spinner in the likes of Jayasuriya.

Your huge cursor problem crops back. Isnt there any other way to make sure the human bowler doesnt land the ball regularly on a single spot? Its too tough for some human players to have such huge cursors for opening bowlers.

Boss said:
CGPv4-TestMatchBeta will be released on tomorrow for beta testing!, it'll dramatically improve the test match AI pacing!. Download from here tomorrow!

Hey Boss. I am Siddharth, moderator of the Stories and Strategies forum. Besides that I also post my own fantasy story. Till now I have been using cric4life or Ravi's AI patches as they were really good.
However despite that, I(England) beat South Africa 4-0 in a 5 match test series. (South Africa played much better than what that scoreline suggests)

Anyways, I will be using your patch for my upcoming test series against Bangladesh. Regarding the same, I would like to know whether you have your own field settings or should I continue using Ravi's.

Hi Boss

Played one test match with ur CGPv3 (without the IRCU). I think there are quite a few niggles that you should see to before you release the v4.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?p=123572#post123572

1) Click on that link to see how the test match went. Well its too easy to bowl with fast bowlers and take easy wickets. As you can see there I got the Aussies out twice for 33 and 5. All wickets shared between Ganguly, Pathan and Bala. Two Run outs. The first innings when they made 33 I was playing with Sam's New Exe and I thought that the combination of that exe with your patch gave me this result. But in the second innings I played with the old sam's exe and I found that it became even easier to get the cpu batsmen out. The conditions were hot and humid - not good for swinging/seaming...but still they simply couldn't play yorkers. Out of the twenty wickets 15 were with yorkers. I kept them up with Pathan in the second innings and got him 6/0.

2) While batting, I must say that, it was pretty much realistically tough. In fact tougher than I would have liked. But still it was fine. But then only one edge carried to the slip cordon. The rest of them fell very short. Was it that the slips were standing far behind(your fields). Or there's some problem with the power of the edge?

3) Your first slip stands almost where a real second slip should be. I think you can make that change in your fields.

4) Also, the CPU simply doesn't score. I wanted Pathan to take as many wickets for a dot(I was sure CPU wasn't going to score of tight deliveries) so I made Bala bowl every where on the pitch, but still batsmen like Martyn, Gilchrist and Ponting didn't score. Only Warne did - 3 runs. I think you do need to look into the pacing and its connection with the type of the batsmen batting in the middle.

Now this is how your patch behaved on my system. Is it system specific - the AI patch behaviour? I don't have a way of checking it.

N e way, I am on a AI patch jumping spree and may be later in my Season I will come back to your patch. Hope you release a better version by then.

Last edited:
Boss your patch has been fantastic for one days...
I started bowling to pakistan on hard level (they had to chase 239) and immediately got afridi and butt out cheaply, though they hit pathan for almost 17 runs in his first over. Then at 17/2 Inzi and youhana came in and the carnage started...
I was hit for around 10 runs an over and pathan and balaji were hit out of the attack! It was impossible to set a field as they would play some fantastic shots , like lifting a ball outside off over the square leg boundary for a 6! Usually I am very good at bowling but these guys were really attacking me and I couldnt set fields for the,m.My success has been from bowling outside off to a 7 on the offside field but it didnt work as they would hit me in various directions. Bhajji came on and was promptly paddle swept from outside off for a 4. Inzi then came down the track and hit straight drive for a 4 between the fielders. Pakistan had scored 104 in 10 overs and I was clueless. Brought Yuvraj in and inzi was bowled trying a leg glance. Shortly youhana was out stumped. Younis khan played a tendulkar delivery on to his stumps(that was a nice change to the usual ways that the cpu gets out) and i got another run out. Razzaq and akmal are carrying along at a decent pace and pakistan are 150/6 in 22 overs. As you can tell the game is evenly poised as they dont have too many wickets in hand. However the batsmen are in the "mid period" so with the pacing .. they probably wont take too many chances. But this has been a fantastic patch and has been very very exciting to play so far!

REV of ur latest beta patch:

Buddy sorry for not playing a full test match, but any how i have done a bit of home work on this beta and my observations are given below.

Plus points.
  • CPU pacing is really superb, they try to score of almost each and every ball now, the overall rpo is around 3-4 now and at times even reaches 5.
  • The edges seem to carry now rather than the previous version buddy, happy with it.
  • CPU playes spinners decently early on in their innings in which they were lacking early on.
  • The ondrive is really good now and it has a bit more range than the latest patch.
  • No problems with the straight drive buddy, superb work.
  • More realistic approach is made in this beta, playing away from body early on results in more edges.
  • Good seam and swing for bowlers.
  • Hitting 4's is really not possible for every ball now.
Minus:

• Only main thing need to be tweaked here is the cpu plays down the ground to any deliveries pitched just back of a length on the backfoot, ather than playing it in off side.
  • Cursors need to be a bit reduced may be max of 0.75 and min 0f 0.4

Really this has been the best patch i considered to be released by u, make as many tweaks as possible to make it more realistic. CPU pacing is really nice they are more aggressive now and aggressive by means not boundaries each ball but rotating the strike.Excellent work.

FEW questions:

• Is this patch compatible with Sam's Latest demo exe.
  • Is this patch has to be used only with ur field settings or any other ones.
My suggestions for our members are this patch really rocks friends:clap , looksvery interesting play with it. I enjoyed a test match between SA vs SRI at Capetown and really was realistic. So buddy take a couple of days time to really tweak it to add more realism.

bye

:cheers

:cheers

the cpu bats very slow on v3 in tests but in 20 over games its fun and closer thyen b4 i jus hope that v4 sorts these probs cheers

CGPv4 TestMatch Beta - Released!, Replies on 23.4.2005, 8.25 p.m. IST

Hi Friends!,

Here is the all new CGPv4-TestMatchBeta for u!

Download CGPv4TMBeta Now!!! (Size: 17 kb only) (Use "Save Target As" Method instead of directly clicking it!)

or

DOWNLOAD CGPv4TMBeta FROM THE ATTACHMENT Now!(Scroll All The Way Down!)

Details:

CoolGamePlayPatchv4-TestMatch-Beta

Title : CoolGamePlayPatchv4-TestMatch-Beta
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

Introduction:

1.With Innovative AI tech, the test match pacing of AI been fixed and really give you good experience. Usually they will score around 3-4 R.P.O which is default Modern Test Cricket trend now a days.

2.Edges Reduced/tweaked a bit.

3.CPU plays the long innings.

4.Few Shots been fixed. (as discussed in the forum!)

Game Mode:

As the title suggests, this beta supports only the test matches. A trailer for what to expect in CGPv4-full version. Test Matches/FCM in HARD MODE only supported. Rest will be included in CGPv4. Be remind that this is not for ODIs.

Installation:

After extracting the "cgpv4testmatchbeta.zip", Import the "cgpv4testmatchbeta.cfg" by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option. Thats it!, Start the new game and enjoy!.

Now What?:

After playing a bit with this patch, post u'r thoughts/rev/fb/comm/pros/cons into

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

So that, we can get a perfect CGPv4 which will be scheduled to release on 27.4.2005

DOWNLOAD CGPv4TMBeta from The Attachment Now!!!

Regular Replies:

Excellent! Cant wait for this Boss!
by sohail

Hi mate!, CGPv4TMBeta just released!, just grab u'r copy and test it and don't forget to put your comm/fb/rev on it!

hi boss, your patch is good but needs some tweaking. Your IRCU needs some tweaks. For example, Chaminda Vaas was set as an opening left arm medium bowler when he is a Left Arm Fast bowler. Muralitharan is set to a moderate off spinner in the likes of Jayasuriya.

Your huge cursor problem crops back. Isnt there any other way to make sure the human bowler doesnt land the ball regularly on a single spot? Its too tough for some human players to have such huge cursors for opening bowlers.
by saisrini80

Hi sai!, thanks for the comm and app!. I'll check out and fix few minor probs u mentioned abt IRCUv3 and will rel IRCUv4!. Btw i don't know how to make a bowler more randomly than with that of big cursor. Lot of our friends are really good bowlers and i do think with more practice u can perfect it!

Hey Boss. I am Siddharth, moderator of the Stories and Strategies forum. Besides that I also post my own fantasy story. Till now I have been using cric4life or Ravi's AI patches as they were really good.
However despite that, I(England) beat South Africa 4-0 in a 5 match test series. (South Africa played much better than what that scoreline suggests)

Anyways, I will be using your patch for my upcoming test series against Bangladesh. Regarding the same, I would like to know whether you have your own field settings or should I continue using Ravi's.
by m_waughan

Hi siddharth!, good to hear from u!, thanks for taking consideration to use my patch!, Ya!, i also incl the field settings with CGPv3!,(not with CGPv4TMBeta, but will incl with CGPv4!). So u may use it for accurate field pos!, any how if u wish to change it, can do with Prakash Field Editor!. (btw donno whether ravi's field placings work well with my patch!). WIll surely check your thread mate!.

Hi Boss

Played one test match with ur CGPv3 (without the IRCU). I think there are quite a few niggles that you should see to before you release the v4.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...3572#post123572

1) Click on that link to see how the test match went. Well its too easy to bowl with fast bowlers and take easy wickets. As you can see there I got the Aussies out twice for 33 and 5. All wickets shared between Ganguly, Pathan and Bala. Two Run outs. The first innings when they made 33 I was playing with Sam's New Exe and I thought that the combination of that exe with your patch gave me this result. But in the second innings I played with the old sam's exe and I found that it became even easier to get the cpu batsmen out. The conditions were hot and humid - not good for swinging/seaming...but still they simply couldn't play yorkers. Out of the twenty wickets 15 were with yorkers. I kept them up with Pathan in the second innings and got him 6/0.

2) While batting, I must say that, it was pretty much realistically tough. In fact tougher than I would have liked. But still it was fine. But then only one edge carried to the slip cordon. The rest of them fell very short. Was it that the slips were standing far behind(your fields). Or there's some problem with the power of the edge?

3) Your first slip stands almost where a real second slip should be. I think you can make that change in your fields.

4) Also, the CPU simply doesn't score. I wanted Pathan to take as many wickets for a dot(I was sure CPU wasn't going to score of tight deliveries) so I made Bala bowl every where on the pitch, but still batsmen like Martyn, Gilchrist and Ponting didn't score. Only Warne did - 3 runs. I think you do need to look into the pacing and its connection with the type of the batsmen batting in the middle.

Now this is how your patch behaved on my system. Is it system specific - the AI patch behaviour? I don't have a way of checking it.

N e way, I am on a AI patch jumping spree and may be later in my Season I will come back to your patch. Hope you release a better version by then.
by sachinisgod

Hi mate!, nice to hear from u!. btw thank u for the comm/fb/rev!. It is a pity that Aussies collapse like that!, yes!, surely john have the right to blame the new patch installed in the laptop and so!. I have a few points!.

1. CGPv3 along with sam's new exe may not be a perfect combination.(because there is already enough pace boost,swing,seam,spin with CGPv3, that along with sams new exe can make it really tough i feel!)

2. CGPv3 regular modes, CPU will play the yorkers well!, but in challenging mode, there is a chance for york them out!, in this case i donno whether u play with reg modes/challenge mode!, kindly clarify it!.

3. Edges prob depends on the power settings. For making it more random i do so!, any how will fix it!(may be already fixed with CGPv4TMBeta-u may chck it out!)

4.Ya!, as lot of our friends suggested, the CPU AI pacing is pathetic and already been fixed in CGPv4TMBeta and completed in CGPv4!.

5. In CGPv4 i'll perfect the field placements.

6.As u mentioned, i have also find few settings play differently on diff system!, donno what to do?.

and thank u very much for u'r good comm/rev mate!, will surely help me!.

Boss your patch has been fantastic for one days...
I started bowling to pakistan on hard level (they had to chase 239) and immediately got afridi and butt out cheaply, though they hit pathan for almost 17 runs in his first over. Then at 17/2 Inzi and youhana came in and the carnage started...
I was hit for around 10 runs an over and pathan and balaji were hit out of the attack! It was impossible to set a field as they would play some fantastic shots , like lifting a ball outside off over the square leg boundary for a 6! Usually I am very good at bowling but these guys were really attacking me and I couldnt set fields for the,m.My success has been from bowling outside off to a 7 on the offside field but it didnt work as they would hit me in various directions. Bhajji came on and was promptly paddle swept from outside off for a 4. Inzi then came down the track and hit straight drive for a 4 between the fielders. Pakistan had scored 104 in 10 overs and I was clueless. Brought Yuvraj in and inzi was bowled trying a leg glance. Shortly youhana was out stumped. Younis khan played a tendulkar delivery on to his stumps(that was a nice change to the usual ways that the cpu gets out) and i got another run out. Razzaq and akmal are carrying along at a decent pace and pakistan are 150/6 in 22 overs. As you can tell the game is evenly poised as they dont have too many wickets in hand. However the batsmen are in the "mid period" so with the pacing .. they probably wont take too many chances. But this has been a fantastic patch and has been very very exciting to play so far!
by ashwinkm

Thank u very much for u'r huge rev and app mate!, Ya!, this is been a new feature to this patch!, ODI settings been already perfect and Test match settings just gonna rock!, soon u can all have the perfect game play patch for Cricket2004 am sure!.

REV of ur latest beta patch:

Buddy sorry for not playing a full test match, but any how i have done a bit of home work on this beta and my observations are given below.

Plus points.
CPU pacing is really superb, they try to score of almost each and every ball now, the overall rpo is around 3-4 now and at times even reaches 5.
The edges seem to carry now rather than the previous version buddy, happy with it.
CPU playes spinners decently early on in their innings in which they were lacking early on.
The ondrive is really good now and it has a bit more range than the latest patch.
No problems with the straight drive buddy, superb work.
More realistic approach is made in this beta, playing away from body early on results in more edges.
Good seam and swing for bowlers.
Hitting 4's is really not possible for every ball now.
Minus:

Only main thing need to be tweaked here is the cpu plays down the ground to any deliveries pitched just back of a length on the backfoot, ather than playing it in off side.
Cursors need to be a bit reduced may be max of 0.75 and min 0f 0.4

Really this has been the best patch i considered to be released by u, make as many tweaks as possible to make it more realistic. CPU pacing is really nice they are more aggressive now and aggressive by means not boundaries each ball but rotating the strike.Excellent work.

FEW questions:

Is this patch compatible with Sam's Latest demo exe.
Is this patch has to be used only with ur field settings or any other ones.
My suggestions for our members are this patch really rocks friends , looksvery interesting play with it. I enjoyed a test match between SA vs SRI at Capetown and really was realistic. So buddy take a couple of days time to really tweak it to add more realism.

bye
by The Champ

Thank u very much for your analysis buddy!, u are doing splendid job mate!(btw i just send him the beta yesterday to check it out b4 the rel!).

Ya!, as u mentioned will work on the minus points to get it right in CGPv4!. Again only use this patch along with Sam's exe if u already mastered the game!,.for newbies u have to choose u'r option!. More practice will give u some good results!. You can use the Field settings for CGPv3 for this one and really revise the field settings into CGPv4!.

Btw to buddy: I made few changes from the one i send u yesterday!, find that there is no defensive shot from the CPU as it if they were playing ODIs. So added a bit defensive play along with all new exciting stroke play!. Cheers!.

the cpu bats very slow on v3 in tests but in 20 over games its fun and closer thyen b4 i jus hope that v4 sorts these probs cheers
by jimbob

Thank u jim for u'r comm and app!, Ya!, ODI settings are perfect and Test pacing needed to be tweaked and already done that in CGPv4TMBeta!, Chck it out mate and let me know u'r thoughts!.

where is this new beta version??
by nik

Hi nik!, just released mate!, grab u'r copy and after playing with it put your comm/fb/rev in here!!!

Cheers

Boss

Attachments

• cgpv4testmatchbeta.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi nik!, this patch is supported in HardMode!, for Test Matches only!.

Boss

Hi Boss will download ur beta -4 and play a test matach. In the meantime I thought I shud writer my suggestion to improve the version 4 of ur patch( after playing version 3)

As with test matches also improve the CPU pacing in 50 over matches. I have been playing a lot of one day matches using path version 3 and the CPU seems to get bogged down in ODI matches.

(You may already know this and may have been woking on this, but I thought I should just mention it before u release ur version 4)

Keep up the good work

exciting finish to my match.. razzaq and akmal went on at 7 runs per over and i was about to throw in the towel when akmal was run out.. (very close) however razzaq was on 42 of 77 balls and well set . Razzaq had been trying to play a few aerial shots even in the previous few overs but was unable to hit them out the ground.. then came the most important wicket .. with 30 runs to score and 12 overs to get them in .. razzaq went for a big one and was caught .. immediately the tail came in was bowled out within 5 overs and pakistan was caught just 15 runs short of my total of 239 ... this has been one of the closer one day matches and was quite thrilling.!!! good work !!

so when is a version gnno come out that you can use in tests and ODIS?

Sorry to say, But I am completely dissapointed with your Latest CGP for ODI's.
I was going to attatch scorecard but having a bit of trouble.

Batting way too hard(for both us and CPU). Couldn't you use the ODI batting tech(hard mode) from your last patch and the bowling one from this?? That would be more enjoyable and make the patch rock!

Will post screens when possible...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread