Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im not very good at bowling how do you suggest that i get wickets with the new cpgv4beta?

thnax

Is there a possibility of using CGP with the shot directions not changed ...I find odd seeing a off drive going squarer than normal!!

Sorry Guys for the font size..in the other day...any ways
I used your CGPv4...u know what????????????Tha's was simple great i(Ever winning srilankan) played a match againest englend at oval i won the toss bowl first it's a good pitch but cloudy conditions.Vaasy got 3 wickets in the first over. so eng were 2/3 after the first over i thought i'm gonna roll them over under 100. but they fight back to get 129 thanx to Flintoff who scored a 57*(59) .

Than srilankans were rolled over as well 139 Sanga 42*(63)
Batting was not difficult
2nd Inngs ENG scored 327 trescoti..86(88) and filintoff 62(67) and giles 30(56)
taget was 318 SRL at the moment 102/2 Sanath on 72*(83)
end of day 2.

but i still have some questions.
:rolleyes: i never found a lunch or a tea break
:rolleyes: so far when i bat i didn't edge any

May be becource the pitch is to good..i don't know..

any ways this is the best test patch i have played so far..

bossy u are realzing the CGPv4 to day???? am i right..

charithnirmal said:
Sorry Guys for the font size..in the other day...any ways
I used your CGPv4...u know what????????????Tha's was simple great i(Ever winning srilankan) played a match againest englend at oval i won the toss bowl first it's a good pitch but cloudy conditions.Vaasy got 3 wickets in the first over. so eng were 2/3 after the first over i thought i'm gonna roll them over under 100. but they fight back to get 129 thanx to Flintoff who scored a 57*(59) .

Than srilankans were rolled over as well 139 Sanga 42*(63)
Batting was not difficult
2nd Inngs ENG scored 327 trescoti..86(88) and filintoff 62(67) and giles 30(56)
taget was 318 SRL at the moment 102/2 Sanath on 72*(83)
end of day 2.

but i still have some questions.
:rolleyes: i never found a lunch or a tea break
:rolleyes: so far when i bat i didn't edge any

May be becource the pitch is to good..i don't know..

any ways this is the best test patch i have played so far..

bossy u are realzing the CGPv4 to day???? am i right..
god rev there i think boss buddy would be happy, good match that one,

as for as that lunch break its not due to boss patch its due to the new exe i think mate, just check whether u r using sam's latest beta exe

The Champ said:
god rev there i think boss buddy would be happy, good match that one,

as for as that lunch break its not due to boss patch its due to the new exe i think mate, just check whether u r using sam's latest beta exe

Thanx chapy yea iwas looking for that exe. can u tell me where i can find it :upray

Oh!Yeah!!!, CGPv4 Released!!!, Download Now!!!. As on 27.4.2005.

Hi Friends!, Here we go!, CGPv4 is just Released on time!, So just grab your copy and enjoy the game...

Download CGPv4 Now!!! (Size: 86 kb only) (Use "Save Target As" Method instead of directly clicking it!, after downloading never forget to scan the file with the good virus scanner!!!)

or

DOWNLOAD CGPv4 FROM THE ATTACHMENT Now!(Scroll to the bottom of this post!).

All the Details about the Patches Can be Found by clicking Here :

Boss CGPs Details

(Note: Updated on the Main/1st page is well!)

Details of CGPv4:

Title : Cool game Play Patch Version:4
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

Game Modes:

As it was in previous patches, this patch supports All game modes (Easy- for beginners, Normal- for amateurs, and Hard- for pro's) and all Game Formats(Tests/ODIs/FCM/ODs/Exhibition Matches).But this time around after heavy thinking i am coming out with set of configurations for Test matches and ODIs seperately. So u have to install the patches accordingly when u play a Particular game type.

Inclusions:

There is lot of files included with this patch. So don't be confused. I'll elaborate all one by one.

Included files in the zip archive(cgpv4.zip) are,

1.CGPv4TESTconfigs - Test Matches/First Class Matches configs (5,4,3 Days Matches)

2.CGPv4ODIConfigs - One Day Internationals/First Class ODs (10,20,45,50 Overs Matches)

3.CGPv4FieldSettings.zip (CGPv4 Config Patches supported Field Settings)

4.CGPv4AdvanceCoverDriveFix.zip (Fix for advance/dance down cover drive!, as this can't be incl with CGPv4 directly!).

5.Un-installers Folder - AdvanceCoverDriveEA.zip, originalcfg.cfg, and OriginalFieldSets.zip
files. (Uninstallers for AdvanceCoverDriveV3, Restore the original A.I. configs, stroke files, and to restore the original field settings respectively).

6. This CGPv4ReadMeNow.txt (As u read it...).

7. and also a CGPv4ReadMeNow.html (For a better readable document!).

Installation and Un-installation:

Steps to Install the Patches:

Before Installing Patches Just Restore the Original Configs -Import the "OriginalCfg.cfg" from the un-installer folder by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option for providing better installation.

1. To install CGPv4TESTconfigs.cfg:

A).Import the "CGPv4TESTconfigs.cfg" by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option.

2. To install CGPv4ODIconfigs.cfg:

A).Import the "CGPv4ODIconfigs.cfg" by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option.

You have to Change the Configs accordingly when u play Tests/ODIs. If u play Test matches with ODI configs will give you disappointing results viceversa for the ODIs.

Common for the both Configs:

B).Install the "CGPv4FieldSettings.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

C).Install the "CGPv4AdvanceCoverDriveFix.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

Steps to un-install the Patches:

1. To un-install CGPv4TESTconfigs.cfg/CGPv4ODIconfigs.cfg:

a).Import the "OriginalCfg.cfg" from the un-installer folder by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option.

b).Install the "OriginalFieldSets.zip" from the un-installer folder using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

c).Install the "AdvanceCoverDriveEA.zip" from the un-installer folder using "Graphics importer Version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

Thats it!, Now all of u might know how to Install or Un-install the CGPv4 Patches.

Few Required Enhancements:

1.If u are the Real Hard Core Gamer,You are advised to play this patched game with Sam's "Cricket2004_v1.2_Beta-EXE" file that innovates lot of new stuffs.But playing with this exe along with my patch is a bit tricky. You have to master u'r game before try this combi. Because it is very difficult for batting. As there is increased amount of pace/seam/swing/spin already employed with CGPv4 makes it double dangerous when u try it with sam's new exe.

2.(a).But for the Normal gamer/Newbie, You are advised to play this patched game with Sam's "c2004runout.exe" file that almost turned down annoying AI run-out bug.

(b).If u wish to get the correct line-up and new technique of Ball-marker hiding while u bat can be achieved by Sam's "Cricket2004 unofficial exe patch Ver:1.1", (but the problem in this is u still get AI run-out bug). Anyhow there is a small remedy for this in the form of "run-out.exe"
that may avoid the run-out bug, but still not sure whether it is working or not!.

3. There is patch from Sam for Wicket Keeper timing over stance, dive, catch etc., in the form of "c2004wk_timer.exe" that turn down lots of buys when short-pitched ball bowled by us/AI. There is lot of options provided for keeper timing, u may tweak it to u'r preference.

4.You can use the New TV BROADCAST like Regular Camera Settings along with Replay Camera Settings been Introduced and been presented in GI format with CGPv3 for good asthetic feel.

5.You can also have to play with IRCUv3(Full Version) included with CGPv3. All the test playing Teams Player's char are modified!.This is a innovative think am working on that will give you a realistic game play experience!. The default player characteristics are not up to the mark in game. So that am decided to tweak it to more realistic and works well now.All the player's
consistency, temp, flexibility, aggression, defence, batting, bowling and fielding parameters are changed!. Test Line-ups also changed with the option of 5 bowlers only(where ever needed!),i hate 6th bowler!, coz they tend to bowl more overs than the main ones!.). In feature i also update the
stats as well.

These are the personal enhacements needed along with my patch to take this game to the new level of cricket gaming!!!.

(All these patches can be find here in our PlanetCricket forum!!!).

CGPv4:Hi-lights:

1. With the new innovative Technique, The Test Matches are More fun to play than with previous patches. Now the CPU can get their runs quickly(Not always leave the ball/defence). Almost scores freely at the rate of 3 to 4 R.P.O for an entire innings if not more which is the Modern Cricket
Trend. So i can really say now AI pacing in Test Matches were improved dramatically.

2. ODI pacing also tweaked to an extent. In 20 overs Matches there are more chance of 6 hits in entire inn, where as in 50 overs Matches, they build their innings gradually and in the end going with all guns blazing, but this is not to say that they can't hit big shots in between . So you can expect good scores in ODIs from CPU.

3. Autoplay Feature in Test Matches are improved. They get reasonable scores with good run rate. But not so sure about the ODIs. Any how i recommend to play the game full(may partially auto-play) because it tends to spoil the game at times.

4. Amount of Edges were reduced. Now u can get the edges when the player new at the crease.Statistically u can get 5% of edges upto the batsman confidence about half full(from confi meter). Edges are possible mostly out-side off stump. The edges are going to the catchable
distance for slip cordon/gully/cover. At times edges fell down to them or even fly over their heads for runs. As the edges power/co-ordinates redefined, it is very realistic.The Edges are even for every bowler now!.

5. Pace for the seam/swing/spin bowlers were increased!. Now the bowlers can bowl quicker than before and also a variation of pace is also employed.

6. Swing/Seam/Spin tweaked and it is varied more.

7. FastSpin introduced with CGPv3. Now it is tuned. Flight spinners will get more purchase where as the flat bowlers will get quick turn.

8. Pace/Swing/Seam/Spin depends on pitch type as well as bowlers and Game Modes(Hard, Normal, and Easy). Now the quality bowlers will get more or varied pace/seam/swing/spin from the pitch where as lesser quality bowlers will struggle to find any help from the pitch. Seam/Swing will be more on Green pitches. Spin is a prime factor in Dusty pitches. Bounce/Pace will be good in Hard Pitches and viceversa in Dump pitches. Normal pitch is ideal for every one. What ever the help we can find in any pitches are all early in the innings.

9. Each and every stroke's key timing/power/direction/height/edge amount/frequency were tweaked accordingly.So the same shot will not produce same result.

10. Dance down Strokes been reduced and tweaked!. Very less frequency provided for this shot.

11. In test matches, the CPU will play more attacking/6 hit shots after they reach 100. But hits a crucial blow in btw to pep you up.

12. The AI is improved even better.(in terms of shot selection, pacing the innings, field placements etc).

13. Field Placements are revised and made according to the patch as well as real life standard.

14. The shot selection and timing for both CPU and us is common now!, u can't always connect the ball 100%, it may be several time beaten or even taking wickets with that if the shot selection went wrong!.You need to spend more time in tests to avoid the edges and to get correct timing of
the shot, and in ODIs is well u have to spend more time for a six-hit, otherwise the shot mostly ended in a catch. In general there are more chance of the wicket if you like to play aggressively before set, if u are lucky u may get away with it and get early advantage. The same applies also for the CPU.

15. There is no special bias given to the CPU!!!, it'll be like 50-50 to us!!!, what ever happen to us is same applied to them is well!!!.

16. More variation presented in Mode of dismissals. Batsmen can be found wanting to get out one way/another. Particularly while they are new at the crease. Now u can get CPU wicket by "Bowled and LBW" is well, i'm making them(for the matter of truth "for us is well") vulnerable when the ball pitched at the corridor of uncertainity regularly!.

17. Bowling Cursor is varied by the Game modes. It is hard to bowl in Hard mode on the same spot again and again. For lesser quality bowlers, there is a large cursor indeed!. But will be easy to bowl in Normal/Easy Mode.

18. Pitch and Ground Characteristics are modified. Ball bumpyness depends on the pitch type now!. Out field conditions changed (Dusty pitch, the ball raise through the fence, where as in damp pitch u need to time it perfect to find the fence.). Bounce is also modified.( You can expect the
ball ripping through the keepers glouse in hard pitch with lot of bounce, where as in damp pitch, the bounce will be half stump high..;-{,). In CGPv4, the amount of byes may be reduced as i tweak the bounce parameter even lower.

19. The CPU running is improved.(Ofcourse along with sam's no runout exe). They run for every possible single/two/even three at times. But if you set a real deep field, there is more chance of Run-outs as they call for runs lately at times.

Few Tips:

1. To get more swing/seam/spin hold the line of the ball till you reach the crease, when you about to deliver the ball, move the ball cursor just relese it accordingly!(i.e. to get in-swing/seam, off spin, move the cursor towards the right side, and to get out-swing/seam, leg spin, move the cursor towards the left side). Generally if you bowl slower(1/4th of bowling speed
meter full!), u can get good results indeed. Few keys to remember before bowling.

a)Key S - Conventional Swing/Seam/Spin to the bowlers as u move the cursor.

b)Key D - In-dipper for fast/fm bowlers, doosra/arm ball for offie/slow left armer, flipper/straighter one for the leggie/chinaman bowlers.

c)Key A - I think this key works for Fast/FM/Swing bowlers only. Away going deliveries/out swing/reverse swing/straighting up deliveries.

D)KEY W - Works for all bowlers. Particularly helpful to the fast bowlers. Provides the Slower balls.

2. While you are looking for swing/seam/spin, u may get less speed on deliveries. So if you like to get more pace/fast spin, just hold the line of the delivery and don't change it, when the power bar is full up just rip the ball in.

3. To safely play out the yorkers follow these tips. When the ball yorked at middle or leg stump, play the on-side normal shot from standing on leg stump. When the ball is yorked at off stump, attempt a forward defence and pray to the god. When the ball is pithced up just out side off-stump, just move away a bit from the leg stump and cover drive. Thats it!.

4. It is a good habit that before installing any configs patches just install the original configs.

5. I also recommend to play with recent patches than the older ones as newer patches will provide much more stability with less bugs.

6. It is advised not to play the advance down the shots too much. It is made as high risk shot, so that the CPU will avoid it.

7. If you didn't notice any help with sam's patch according to byes prob, just use your body as the target and cover the line of the ball and get ready to either hook it/hit by it. By this way you can surely reduce the byes to an extent.(Particularly in Hard Pitches).

8. To reduce the Run-outs: Try to use the close-in fields rather than deep fields as CPU tends to call for run lately at times.(particularly early on in the innings!).

Now what?:

After playing a bit with CGPv4, please remind to put your comments/reviews/feedback/pros/cons or what ever your thoughts on the patch into Planetcricket forum thread. Lets enjoy the game.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

If u like to e-mail me : [email protected]

Check My Website for all the CGP Related Details: http://eac2004.sphosting.com

Happy Gaming Cricket'2004!!!

DOWNLOAD CGPv4 From The Attachment Now!!!.(Size: 85 KB Only!!!)

Cheers

Boss

Attachments

• cgpv4.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Ya!, Thanks in advance!!!

(Replies to the above posts will be on tomorrow!!!),

Boss

Boss said:
Bounce/Pace will be good in Hard Pitches and viceversa in Dump pitches.....

Hate to see that pitch :rolleyes: :p :eek: ...

I think I'll stick to your CPG3 for a while now...I hate having to install a different patch for tests and ODI's...

Dedicated my first post to u BOss for ur gr8 gr8 work...simply superb...well at the moment i agree wid ZoraxDoom plz convert in into a single ODI & TEST Config File as it was in CgPv3...

I think it is a great idea that you split the two. My understanding is that you cannot have the best of both (ODI and test) in one patch. Once I get some time, I will continue my second test that I started with your previous patch.

Keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread