Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think this patch is realy gr8 its a real challenge 2 get wickets and the cpu can score over 100 in a session in stead of gettin out in a session.

ive been playin in medium before this so its been extra hard for mi.

ive had alot of chances but none have gone to hand so maybe in future versions you could make it so a few more chances are taken

fanx tho over all very good and real you realy have to bowl well and work out plans to the batsmen

only played 1 session tho so i don't know what its like to bat

Replies on 24.3.2005, 8.25 p.m. IST

Hi Boss will download ur beta -4 and play a test matach. In the meantime I thought I shud writer my suggestion to improve the version 4 of ur patch( after playing version 3)

As with test matches also improve the CPU pacing in 50 over matches. I have been playing a lot of one day matches using path version 3 and the CPU seems to get bogged down in ODI matches.

(You may already know this and may have been woking on this, but I thought I should just mention it before u release ur version 4)

Keep up the good work
by cricketfan

Hi mate!, Thanks for u'r comm!, btw i simply don't understand why ppl getting different results?, (may be as sachin specify yesterday, it may be system specific is well!), u know i always give my 100% in testing!. For example note at the post ashwin posted!, u never get to see that much exciting match!, so random results!, any how i'll correct any bug(if any!) in CGPv4!.

exciting finish to my match.. razzaq and akmal went on at 7 runs per over and i was about to throw in the towel when akmal was run out.. (very close) however razzaq was on 42 of 77 balls and well set . Razzaq had been trying to play a few aerial shots even in the previous few overs but was unable to hit them out the ground.. then came the most important wicket .. with 30 runs to score and 12 overs to get them in .. razzaq went for a big one and was caught .. immediately the tail came in was bowled out within 5 overs and pakistan was caught just 15 runs short of my total of 239 ... this has been one of the closer one day matches and was quite thrilling.!!! good work !!
by ashwinkm

Thank u ashwin for u'r continuous reviews!. Really thrilled to see this kind of matches!, very excited about it!, hope to see more rev like this!.

so when is a version gnno come out that you can use in tests and ODIS?
by jimbob

Ofcourse bob!. CGPv4 will support all the game formats and all the difficulty modes!.

Sorry to say, But I am completely dissapointed with your Latest CGP for ODI's.
I was going to attatch scorecard but having a bit of trouble.

Batting way too hard(for both us and CPU). Couldn't you use the ODI batting tech(hard mode) from your last patch and the bowling one from this?? That would be more enjoyable and make the patch rock!

Will post screens when possible...
by zoraxdoom

Hi zorax!,thanks for u'r comm!. i think u'r talking abt CGPv3?, isn't it?, then same answer i was posted to cricketfan is here is well!. am very tired indeed to see such a varying results. Actually this is the best ODI settings i provided over the previous patches!. In general there is no spl bias given to the CPU, the difficulty is the same. Am always looking onto make it more perfect patch over patch. will try my best in CGPv4 mate!.

But zorax the new cgp 4 will be really better, and i think its by far the best boss buddy has given us. so just wait for its release ,mate
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, We all are living by hopes!, am no exception. I will give my level best in CGPv4 and am sure that will give you the happy gaming, thats what i needed.

i think this patch is realy gr8 its a real challenge 2 get wickets and the cpu can score over 100 in a session in stead of gettin out in a session.

ive been playin in medium before this so its been extra hard for mi.

ive had alot of chances but none have gone to hand so maybe in future versions you could make it so a few more chances are taken

fanx tho over all very good and real you realy have to bowl well and work out plans to the batsmen

only played 1 session tho so i don't know what its like to bat
by jimbob

Hi jim!, thanks for u'r app and comm!, Ya!, surely the CPU AI pacing in test matches were improved a lot from prev.patches and almost realistic!, scoring around a 100 in a session is not very difficult now-a-days!, If all the edges carry to the fielder, then the batting team can't survive at all!, thus the variations. any how will reduce edges falling short or edges it self in CGPv4!.

I think few thinks need to say about in common.

1. CGPv3 - Challenging mode is like GodMode for bowlers. so the CPU batsmen may do not well!

2. Sams new exe along with CGPv3 is the dangerous combination u know!, u can properly with this combi after u practice a lot i feel. (lot of edges, swing,seam,spin- or what ever the bowler likes!). For newbies i recommend to play with CGPv3 only along with sams no-runout exe.

3. Few ppl still i know confusing CGPv3-HardMode along with CGPv3-ChallengingMode. I'll never rel a Challenging Mode here after because it sucks the original game play, and bad comm may affect the CGPv3-regular patch integrity is well!.

4. Kindly don't play with the old patches!, play with the recent patch!. u know there has been lot of bugs fixed from old patches.

5. Kindly install the patch as whole for the better results. For eg: install the optional components provided with the patch like field settings, IRCU etc.

still lot of thinks in mind, but couldn't able to post it!.

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
boss i think there may be a problem with runouts coz out of 5 wickets to fall in the match im playin 4 have been run outs
infact there woz 3 runouts in abt 3 overs

boss i think there may be a problem with runouts coz out of 5 wickets to fall in the match im playin 4 have been run outs
infact there woz 3 runouts in abt 3 overs
by jimbob

Sorry bob!, i couldn't do any thing to fix the run-out bug!,(coz it was a exe bug!). you may play the patch along with Sam's No-runout exe that reduced the same for good!.

Boss

i did play it with sams no runout.exe and it still happened

at the end of that innings there were 7 runouts

Here are the screens boss, check them out yourself...

Yes it was a thriller, but would have been better if there were another 75 or so runs scored by each side...

Sorry, they aren't uploading.

Dear Boss,
I started playing with your CGPV3 with Sams latest Exe with medium level, test series India(me) Vs Zimbabwe(cpu). It is really exciting.
* I found the 'four byes (wide) behind hte wicket continues.
*Once the batsman :happy edged the fast ball(Pathan's) which went sky high for a long time and when it came down-I expected someone to catch it-but nobody even attempted-it fell to the ground :( .
Otherwise I am enjoying the game, will graduate to hard level soon. Thanks for the patch and looking forward for the version 4. :)

Last edited:
Boss...I played with regular mode (Hard) with ur CGPV3...n e way...now that ur new patch is out, will test it...but before i get the time to, i am sure u will have added quite a few patches to that list

Cheers, Reached 15000+ view Today!, Replies on 25.4.2005, 9.15 p.m. IST

i did play it with sams no runout.exe and it still happened

at the end of that innings there were 7 runouts
by jimbob

We have to survive with this bug!, isn't it bob!, some times really irritating to see well set batsman throw his wicket away by run-out!, but no runout exe reduced the bug i could say rather than regular exe. Mostly i get 2/3 R.O per inn, but not seven though!.

Here are the screens boss, check them out yourself...

Yes it was a thriller, but would have been better if there were another 75 or so runs scored by each side...

Sorry, they aren't uploading.
by ZoraxDoom

I'll check it out mate as soon as it appears!, still nerve cracking to see such results!, hope it'll be once in a while thing!.

Dear Boss,
I started playing with your CGPV3 with Sams latest Exe with medium level, test series India(me) Vs Zimbabwe(cpu). It is really exciting.
* I found the 'four byes (wide) behind hte wicket continues.
*Once the batsman edged the fast ball(Pathan's) which went sky high for a long time and when it came down-I expected someone to catch it-but nobody even attempted-it fell to the ground .
Otherwise I am enjoying the game, will graduate to hard level soon. Thanks for the patch and looking forward for the version 4.
by muru

Hi muru!, Thanks for u'r comm and app!, two days to go for CGPv4!.

1. Byes prob is the in-game bug!, may be reduced with wicket keeper timer exe/sams new exe(though it stated that reduced the byes prob!). U may try that!. Particularly in Hard pitch, there is plenty of bounce. As far as am concern best way to tackle is use the batsman as the wall, try to hook/get hit. I am getting success with this method only although a negative tactics.

2. Thats a rare occurance. Mostly the ball when edged, flying towards the slip cordon/gully/cover side at catchable height, and some times going over their head or even falling short of'em.

Boss...I played with regular mode (Hard) with ur CGPV3...n e way...now that ur new patch is out, will test it...but before i get the time to, i am sure u will have added quite a few patches to that list
by sachinisgod

Will surely do that mate!. But strange to see such a result with regular Hard Mode. Any how will try to sort out most of the probs in CGPv4 am sure!.

CGPv4 Update:

After long time, i realised that the same configs for both the Tests as well as ODIs is not good enough.(already few of our friends make a note at that!), So this time around i'll come out with a set of configs seperately for both the Tests/ODIs. I think this will be a good solution, but with the cost of some time. i.e. you have to switch the configs accordingly to get the good result. Guys!, wanna know what do u think?.

Few Thread-stats for you:

Thread started on 23.1.2005.(with in 92 days!)

upto now the thread viewed 15121* times (with appx avg 164 views/day!) and replied 713* times (with appx avg 8 replies/day!), (my self posting 141 replies along with champ buddy 50+ replies!). Never loss the momentum. So great going guys!, i must thank all of u for u'r continuous support and wish the same trend continues!, long live PC team!!!. :happy

* - I feel plenty more to come :hpraise

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
Hi buddy!, i think u also sugg that once (along with sai and few other friends), so come out with the idea, hope every one will like it!!!

Boss

Still not coming...

Pak 196 all out(about 35 odd overs)
Ind. 197/9(49.2 overs!)

basic info

Still not coming...

Pak 196 all out(about 35 odd overs)
Ind. 197/9(49.2 overs!)

basic info
by zoraxdoom

Ya!, i think it is a server side prob!, may try after a while!.

Boss

boss said:
by zoraxdoom

Ya!, i think it is a server side prob!, may try after a while!.

Boss
Balaji 9.5/2/18/3
Bhaji 10/2/25/3
Me 8/0/30/1
Zaheer 6/0/38/1
Nehra 6/0/31/0
Sehwag 3/0/11/0
Sachin 3/0/15/0

Youhana 43(64, 5*4)
Inzy 22(47, 2*4)
Razzaq 15(23, 2*4)
Afridi had one six(11 off 34 with an attack of 98 and defence of 2!!!)

When I batted:
Ganguly 30(off about 40 balls with 2 fours)
Me 46(off 65 odd balls, 1*6, 1*4)
Sachin 24(2*4, 40 balls me think)

Sami 10/0/33/1
Naveed 10/0/28/2
Razzaq 10/0/42/2
Arshad 6/0/19/0
Hafeez 9.2/0/31/2
Afridi 4/0/7/1

Very hard at the death, I made the mistake of introducing of introducing Afridi(usin Sav Tweak).

Users who are viewing this thread