Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wonderful job boss! yet again

thanks a lot, haven't tried them yet though but i should be entertained again with your patch.

will give a detailed comment soon

a small/short review from me

I tried the ODI patch and should say it is the best i have seen from you. Awesome job! i was very pleased with the way the comp. played, most of the time. I tried all the three levels, and of course hard and even normal! were quite challenging with sam's exe. I will try them without sam's exe tomorrow and will let you know. On the easy one, i got the chance to actually try some strokes and it turned out to be really good.

positives: so far everything, atleast most. everything has been tweaked well.
negatives: hard to use with sam's exe, but without that it should work much better.

thanks again
ravi

ravigoteti said:

I tried the ODI patch and should say it is the best i have seen from you. Awesome job! i was very pleased with the way the comp. played, most of the time. I tried all the three levels, and of course hard and even normal! were quite challenging with sam's exe. I will try them without sam's exe tomorrow and will let you know. On the easy one, i got the chance to actually try some strokes and it turned out to be really good.

negatives: hard to use with sam's exe, but without that it should work much better.

thanks again
ravi
Thanks for that rev mate, waiting to use it for my next odi in story, thanks boss buddy for that excellent patch

Boss what can i say! This is the best patch to date!! I played australia in a 50over match with a green track. gilchrist hitting the 1st ball for 4 then tried hitting again but got a outside edge and went to 1st slip! also hayden missing a straighter one by Rana naved and blowing leg stump off. ponting played a slow knock but was dismissed when he edged to Kamran akmal.

im getting all kind of dismissals with this patch! im going to try out your test patch now.. Great work Mate!!

Quick review of your ODI patch.

50 overs match
England (me) Vs Australia (AI)

Normal pitch
sunny
mild

Just finished my innings. 280-6. (pietersen 99*, flintoff 62, Jones 54)

- Did not edge a single shot until the 43rd over .
- Nice shot direction variation.
- Possibly too many boundaries. If you beat the infield it usually goes for 4.
- Jones was bowled off an inside edge into his pads then onto the stump (very nice to see).
- Tried a few 6-hit shots in the 15overs, big mistake got out every time (even though i am 100% sure i timed a leg glance 6-hit and it went to short mid-wicket).

Soon i realised the 6-hit shot were not worth playing as i rarely got more than a single from them. Whereas i could play a "normal" stroke and get 4 runs without risk.

Batting on normal is probly a bit too easyfor me, after this match i will review an ODI on hard mode.

Overall pretty good (so far).

Off the bowl at the Aussies.

280-6 in Normal mode is a very reasonable score. I think you might not cross 250 in Hard mode going by the way you played this game!

Thank u All for Using CGPv4!!!, Replies on 28.4.2005, 8.40 p.m. IST.

Replies Before CGPv4 Released:

Still not coming...

Pak 196 all out(about 35 odd overs)
Ind. 197/9(49.2 overs!)

basic info
by ZoraxDoom

Hi zorax!, thanks for u'r match rev mate!, I think the ODI pacing been perfected with CGPv4ODIconfigs. So u may try that!.

i had no problems with the patch zorax it was superb
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, Though the patch didn't have some prob, it might dep on the player skill, system specs. all might came in to play at times.

im not very good at bowling how do you suggest that i get wickets with the new cpgv4beta?

thnax
by Jimbob

just bowl line and length dont spray the ball u will get wkts as time goes
by The Champ

Hi jim!, Practice makes u a good bowler. Before trying International matches try to play a county season, it'll definitely improve u'r bowling. You have to be a good bowler to get wickets with CGPv4 although the mode of dismissals are plenty. Try the few tips i suggested with the CGPv4 download post.(also incl with CGPv4ReadMeNow.txt!). Also as champ buddy suggested, u have to bowl particularly in the corridor of uncertainity. (just out side off stump, at good length or short of good length!). If u spray the ball more the CPU AI will take the advantage of it for good. So be bowl consistent line and length with proper field placements and u will get the desired result soon.

Is there a possibility of using CGP with the shot directions not changed ...I find odd seeing a off drive going squarer than normal!!
by ahk2578

Hi mate!, as u are mentioning it is a rare occurance. Once in a while the off drive may get to square side with the late timing only. If u correct the timing u might find the ball goes in the req directions.

Sorry Guys for the font size..in the other day...any ways
I used your CGPv4...u know what????????????Tha's was simple great i(Ever winning srilankan) played a match againest englend at oval i won the toss bowl first it's a good pitch but cloudy conditions.Vaasy got 3 wickets in the first over. so eng were 2/3 after the first over i thought i'm gonna roll them over under 100. but they fight back to get 129 thanx to Flintoff who scored a 57*(59) .

Than srilankans were rolled over as well 139 Sanga 42*(63)
Batting was not difficult
2nd Inngs ENG scored 327 trescoti..86(88) and filintoff 62(67) and giles 30(56)
taget was 318 SRL at the moment 102/2 Sanath on 72*(83)
end of day 2.

but i still have some questions.
i never found a lunch or a tea break
so far when i bat i didn't edge any

May be becource the pitch is to good..i don't know..

any ways this is the best test patch i have played so far..

bossy u are realzing the CGPv4 to day???? am i right..
by charithnirmal

god rev there i think boss buddy would be happy, good match that one,

as for as that lunch break its not due to boss patch its due to the new exe i think mate, just check whether u r using sam's latest beta exe
by The Champ

Hi Nirmal!, Thanks for u'r match rev and app!. Very good match btw SL and ENG. I think SL need to fight hard for the win. Jayasuriya is a key player as always. Make him play a big knock, then SL have a good chance to win.

1) If u are using sam's new exe, then u might find the inn.breaks are not there as champ buddy sugg. But i don't think this is the spec with u'r case. Then u might need to re-install the game and start with fresh patches inst.

2) With CGPv4, the edges were reduced. SO on a good pitch, with good batsman u can't find many edges though u might find some thing when any batsman new at the crease.

Hope this will help!!!.

where is cgpv4? i thought it would be released today??
by nik

Hi mate!, just check it out mate!!!, released on time, as ever!!!.

Replies After CGPv4 Released:

excellent patch mate! can't wait to try it!
by nik

Hi mate!, thanks for the app!, you'll be satisfied with CGPv4 am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss
Bounce/Pace will be good in Hard Pitches and viceversa in Dump pitches.....

Hate to see that pitch ...

I think I'll stick to your CPG3 for a while now...I hate having to install a different patch for tests and ODI's...
by ZoraxDoom

Ya!, it'll be a different experience in playing both the tracks!, but damp pitch is really hard to play as in real life!.

Actually i try to get a balance btw tests/ODIs in previous patches with a single patch. But that didn't work as expected. SO i made the decision to make two seperate patches for both game types and it works well now. Different batting style, pitch conditions, pacing etc in both forms as in real life. Though a bit time consuming, but worth it. I suggest u use the CGPv4 over CGPv3 for few major difference. Any how in future if i find the new method to get a trade off btw the game types i'll surely do it. In this respect sorry for the time being.

Dedicated my first post to u BOss for ur gr8 gr8 work...simply superb...well at the moment i agree wid ZoraxDoom plz convert in into a single ODI & TEST Config File as it was in CgPv3...
by scorpion_rulezz

Hi mate!, welcome to PC as well as to CGP thread mate!. Thanks for u'r comm and app!. Upto now it is not possible to convert two different playing configs in to one. You may try it for some time. Though it'll take some time, u might enjoy it soon. Let us see any possibility for a single patch.

I think it is a great idea that you split the two. My understanding is that you cannot have the best of both (ODI and test) in one patch. Once I get some time, I will continue my second test that I started with your previous patch.

Keep up the good work
by msamina

Hi mate!, Thank u for u'r comm and app!, u'r absolutely correct. The two-way patch surely works for good. Ya!, take u'r own time to try CGPv4. Thanks for the consideration though!!!.

wonderful job boss! yet again

thanks a lot, haven't tried them yet though but i should be entertained again with your patch.

will give a detailed comment soon
by ravigoteti

Thank u ravi for u'r app!. You may have good time with CGPv4 mate. It has lot of good thinks over the previous patches. am eagerly waiting for u'r comm soon.

Great work buddy will use for the 3rd odi
by The Champ

Thank u buddy for u'r app and consideration for using CGPv4!. Looking forward to see u'r thread.

thanks again
ravi
by ravi

Thank u very much ravi for instant comm and app!. Ya!, as i sugg already, playing CGPv4 with sams new exe is a bit tricky business. You have to be a really good player for that. Any how more practice will make u perfect never the less. Early on u may try with out sams new exe. After u'r getting some success u may try it with that.

i will try it today. great to share your hard work to the community. thx boss
by akira2291

Thank u akira for u'r app!. After all this is the tiny help from me for the grt community like PC team, and don't forget to put u'r comm. (nice avatar!).

Boss what can i say! This is the best patch to date!! I played australia in a 50over match with a green track. gilchrist hitting the 1st ball for 4 then tried hitting again but got a outside edge and went to 1st slip! also hayden missing a straighter one by Rana naved and blowing leg stump off. ponting played a slow knock but was dismissed when he edged to Kamran akmal.

im getting all kind of dismissals with this patch! im going to try out your test patch now.. Great work Mate!!
by Sohail

Hi sohail!, Thank u for u'r fb and app!. As u mention in green tracks, there is always a chance or two to get wickets early on although it is difficult to stop them on other tracks. Ya!, am really working on the mode of dismissals variation as in real life.

I think boss will be very happy seeing the result of this patch, this is what i told when i beta tested it that this is the best boss buddy has created
by The Champ

Ofcourese am very happy buddy!, U are the real Guru when try the beta for the first time i might say. nice job buddy as always!.

Quick review of your ODI patch.

50 overs match
England (me) Vs Australia (AI)

Normal pitch
sunny
mild

Just finished my innings. 280-6. (pietersen 99*, flintoff 62, Jones 54)

- Did not edge a single shot until the 43rd over .
- Nice shot direction variation.
- Possibly too many boundaries. If you beat the infield it usually goes for 4.
- Jones was bowled off an inside edge into his pads then onto the stump (very nice to see).
- Tried a few 6-hit shots in the 15overs, big mistake got out every time (even though i am 100% sure i timed a leg glance 6-hit and it went to short mid-wicket).

Soon i realised the 6-hit shot were not worth playing as i rarely got more than a single from them. Whereas i could play a "normal" stroke and get 4 runs without risk.

Batting on normal is probly a bit too easyfor me, after this match i will review an ODI on hard mode.

Overall pretty good (so far).

Off the bowl at the Aussies.
by eddie

280-6 in Normal mode is a very reasonable score. I think you might not cross 250 in Hard mode going by the way you played this game!
by saisrini80

Thank u very much eddie for u'r good rev, comm and app.

1. The edge is been reduced and also more random.(particularly in Normal Mode). But with Hard Mode u may find reasonable amount of edges early on in the inn.

2. The shot directions are perfected over previous patches. made it almost realistic.

3. If u hit the shot with good timing u might see the ball flies to the fence(4/6).

4. Mode of dismissals are a great variation with the patch. You can see lot of innovative thinks to get the CPU batsman out as u play more.

5.but as u suggested, early on, or mistimed shot would be fatal.(particularly 6 hit shots).

It'll be really (not so) hard to get runs in Hard Mode as sai mate sugg(particularly for a newbies!). Any how if u try to play a long inn with lot of practice you might find the fruitful results soon. Expecting rest of the rev of this match. Really nice score from eng. Let us see how Aussies will chase...

agree with sai here, normal mode isnt the way to play best to test the patch in normal mode mate
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, but Normal Mode is sugg for the newbies only. Hard core gamer might skip into Hard Mode, or even with (sams new exe+CGPv4) combi directly.

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
after seeing all this rev i am eagely wating to test it in my next odi, as for this odi i am using tutsi latest patch 8 which i think will have great competition from cgvp4. really both exciting patches cnt say which is the best, great work guys

Ok, I just finished bowling at the Aussie's

147 allout from 44 over..

After 15overs the CPU was ~67-1 ,
By 25 overs the CPU was ~97-3
By 35 overs the cpu was ~117-4
By 44 overs 147 all out

- Between the 27th and 42nd oves, the CPU barely scored 20 runs.
- The seems to be a definate bias towards offside shots. I bowled the WHOLE innings with your "OPEN 1" field (with 2slips) for the entere innings. Apart from 5 sixes, not a single run was scored thr the covers.
- Even bowling on middle and leg stump the CPU still tried tp straight drive or cover drive , when the should have been leg glancing or on-driving IMHO.

Methods of dismissal:

1 runout (unavoidable)
4 caught in covers attempting the cover drive "6-hit" shot
2 caught behind
1 caught 3rd man (6-hit shot again)
1 played on (paddle sweep)
1 played on straight driving

Going to try hard mode, I mainly use normal mode just to familiarise myself with the patch, in terms of shots and timing etc..

by ZoraxDoom

Ya!, it'll be a different experience in playing both the tracks!, but dump pitch is really hard to play as in real life!.

Actually i try to get a balance btw tests/ODIs in previous patches with a single patch. But that didn't work as expected. SO i made the decision to make two seperate patches for both game types and it works well now. Different batting style, pitch conditions, pacing etc in both forms as in real life. Though a bit time consuming, but worth it. I suggest u use the CGPv4 over CGPv3 for few major difference. Any how in future if i find the new method to get a trade off btw the game types i'll surely do it. In this respect sorry for the time being.

Lol! You do realize I was being sarcastic-i.e. pointing the spelling mistake(it was supposed to be 'damp' not 'dump') and was reffering to the dump which you go to the loo for....

Users who are viewing this thread