Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in the read me it says manual appeal is added wot will b the key for this?

Replies on 29.4.2005, 8.40. p.m. IST.

after seeing all this rev i am eagely wating to test it in my next odi, as for this odi i am using tutsi latest patch 8 which i think will have great competition from cgvp4. really both exciting patches cnt say which is the best, great work guys
by The Champ

definitely yes mate. great work by both of u
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, atleast we still trying to find few new thinks until we will get either C2005/BLIC!. Healthy comp always provide the best result is my opinion. Thanks for considering to use CGPv4 for your 3rd ODI. looking forward to it buddy.

Boss...i think WE are really heading towards a serious Competetion.
by Tutsipoppy2

Hi tutsi!, Who ever win/lose, is not a big matter. Actually ppl might know that how we works to provide them a good patch. Any how award is for plain fun only. I don't take it seriously though. Good luck to u'r patch mate!.

Ok, I just finished bowling at the Aussie's

147 allout from 44 over..

After 15overs the CPU was ~67-1 ,
By 25 overs the CPU was ~97-3
By 35 overs the cpu was ~117-4
By 44 overs 147 all out

- Between the 27th and 42nd oves, the CPU barely scored 20 runs.
- The seems to be a definate bias towards offside shots. I bowled the WHOLE innings with your "OPEN 1" field (with 2slips) for the entere innings. Apart from 5 sixes, not a single run was scored thr the covers.
- Even bowling on middle and leg stump the CPU still tried tp straight drive or cover drive , when the should have been leg glancing or on-driving IMHO.

Methods of dismissal:

1 runout (unavoidable)
4 caught in covers attempting the cover drive "6-hit" shot
2 caught behind
1 caught 3rd man (6-hit shot again)
1 played on (paddle sweep)
1 played on straight driving

Going to try hard mode, I mainly use normal mode just to familiarise myself with the patch, in terms of shots and timing etc..
by eddie

Thank u eddie for u'r rest of rev!. But the bad chase isn't it?, really heart breaking. Any how try on other surfaces or other modes. I don't think aussies will fail again.

Lol! You do realize I was being sarcastic-i.e. pointing the spelling mistake(it was supposed to be 'damp' not 'dump') and was reffering to the dump which you go to the loo for....
by ZoraxDoom

Y'know, I wasn't planning to use your CPG4 as of yet, but this gave me no choice...
Was playing on medium(as batting was to hard on hard mode), on a hard track.
The screens say it all....
by ZoraxDoom

Hi mate!, Thanks for u'r spelling correction. Just correct it. You know some times when posting such a long rev few mistakes do appear. But am not too impress with that scorecard either. Do u made any modification to the patch b4 playing?, actually with the new tech of this patch making, when u ever move a bit of numbers in wrong position, the game play will suck(entirely changing-so modify the nums carefully!). If that was not the case, i suggest u to try CGPv4 once u get time. Other wise what could i say?.

great work bosss....will try it soon
by borncricketer

yeah good work boss
by indiancricketer

Excellent work boss!!!
by preet

Thank u very much to all of u to try out this patch. Eagerly expecting more rev/fb/comm from u.

We will know who is the best soon in the 2005 Awards. But still, it cant give the exact best between the two!! I am eager to know who wins in the AI patch category in the 2005 Awards
by saisrini80

Hi sai!, u are correct!. The award simply doesn't take any thing away from us!, its for plain fun i consider, though i respect our members votes. We try hard to give all of u some good AI patch. Let us see how this will go?.

hi boss cool patch probly the best . i love it. but i have a request for u . u see i find it very difficult to bowl with those huge cursors. so can u please make the cursors for both test n odi smaller for me please thnx. also is the odi patch gonna work in test matches as odi patch? or every time i play a test i have to import test patch n play? thnx boss.
by satish555

Hi satish!, Thank u for u'r app and comm!. any how u can change the cursor size your self easily. Open the Mode u'r playing(ODI,Test-EASY,NORMAL,HARD) using config editor v3. and under the Title: ;Bowling Cursor Size, u can see two sub titles. TargetSizeMin and TargetSizeMax. You may reduce the values to get the smaller cursor. (for eg. put the values 0.05 and 0.75 respectively.)

boss your new patch is looking more improved .I will soon try and provide a review for it.
by Hero

Hi Hero!, thanks for u'r app!, Ya!, CGPv4 is really improved. will look forward to see u'r rev.

Thanx bossy...i tried your patch last night and found sri lankans 3/3 first over..iwas batting..but don't worry it's nothing to do with your patch.i just fell on a sleep ..i will try it to day....

Bye the way thanx for your aff.. mate

and can u tell me weather we still have to import your IRCU thing when we starts a serise?????

and also import it for the team i have selected(SL)...????
by charithnirmal

Hi nirmal!, I think u don't sleep tonight while play :D. Ya!,Once after u install the roster.pak, u have to import the roster list into sav file(for eg:SL in this case, and the opposing team), when ever u start the new series. But u don't have to import the whole list. Just import the teams u are playing with.

The IRCU should still be there from the previous patch (Assuming you downlaoded it)

The IRCU is really a new roster file, which isn't affect by installing a patch.
by eddie

You are absolutely correct mate!.

Nope, all I did was pitch the ball up(just short of half-volley length or half-volley length) and they tried to defend, and missed(ball slipping pass bat or under it). I did york out McGrath, but that was the only one. Warne's pad came in the way, Langer tried to drive at a wide and full pitched delivery(almost a yorker) outside offstump and Hayden tried to defend a good length delivery(which bounced a fair bit) just outside offstump.
by zoraxdoom

You might be a bowling wizard mate!.

Yea...i have it but we'll still have to import it to the save game when we are stating a new serise don't we..?????

other wise the players will play on their own way..i mean afridi scored 21(45) when i forgot to import it.

Since there was no IRCU in zip CGPv4 i thought bossy might have done somthing..
by charithnirmal

Ya!, u have to import the req list when ever u start the series. Ya!, I am working on IRCUv4 for stats updating, soon will release it.

ya exactly the same here sai, both r doing an excellenty work, dont know who is going to win this award
by The Champ

I am also bit excited!, all dep on u guys!.

Quote: Thank u akira for u'r app!. After all this is the tiny help from me for the grt community like PC team, and don't forget to put u'r comm. (nice avatar!).

first boss ... thx for your app about the avatar - i like her realy

second .... its really great, that you replay to every post - also on short ones - i now it takes a lot of time... great mate!

third... to the patch... i have only tested batting now (hard mode of course) - best patch i have ever played with:

- in the first overs it was possible to score some sixes - only a few, not to much - it couldnt be more realistic
- a few edges were also included in the hole game - mostly when the batsman isnt settled - right so
- field settings were quite perfect, not 100%, but 90% - my opinion
- good length variation from the bowling side - so short pitch, some long - perfect
- 4 byes by the wicket keeper were drasticly reduced
- i like he power of the shots (batting average size 5.5 !)
- the best point however the the changing of the timing... a six hit shot is good possible with the right timing.
is the timing wrong it goes up to a catch or the power of the shot is drasticly reduced - i like this one
- however i havent batted against spin bowler - so cant give you a reply to to this

summary (in batting): i like this patch - n1ce done !!!

e/: i have edited the bowling cursor to 0.8 - maybe you would like to change it
by akira2291

Hi akira!, Thank u very much for u'r detailed comm. I think u enjoy it. You might also like to bat against the spinners i could say. Though i like to change the cursor size into smaller one, i found that most of the guys here are good bowlers. So the check. Any how who ever wish may try that tips.

Friends, Here is the small bonus for you!.

EA Cricket 2004 - ODI Bench Mark Save File

DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE ATTACHMENT!!!(SIZE: 121 KB)

Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615
Thanks to: PC Team

What is this?.

This is the New way of Bench Marking the EAC 2004. Actually this is the semi finished save file. You may continue to play the match from this point. Select your team (If u like to change it to Pak, u can do the same with Sav tweak by shailesh!). If u like to test the bowling, continue as it is. i.e. IND bowling. If u like to test Batting, select PAK using sav tweak tool. With this new bench mark prog, you can see the results with various patches. Either CGP series or some other patches. Lot of save files to come.

Stats of the match is:

Ind(User team) (V) Pak(AI team) at KOLKATTA - 50 Overs ODI Match

Pitch Condition : Dusty

Summary: India won the toss and elected to bat first, and they made a reasonable score on a breaking track. Score at the end is 277/A.O. (50 Overs). Thanks to Sachin who made 100+, very crucial knock along with few 20-30 innings from fellow members. Though at one stage, they were looking for the score around 300+, but at the end pakis bowl well to contain Indian to 277. Now they need 278 to win. After 15 overs of Pak innings, they were sitting pretty at 94/1. (Afridi and Inzi on the crease!). They need to get 184 more runs to win at 5.2 R.P.O in 35 overs. Though not looking like big task, Indians do have Bhajji, sachin and few support spinners who will be very handy on breaking pitch.

Installation:

After unzip "obmsavegame.zip", copy indvspakobm.sav into "\My Documents\EA SPORTS\Cricket 2004\user-xxx"(where xxx is your in-game user name!), and rename the sav file into any available sav file.(user01 to user08). Before overwrite backup your existing sav. Thats it!.

After playing the match, u may post the results on the thread, with results screen/stats screen. Thats it. Soon will release the test match bench mark save file.

Cheers

Boss

Attachments

• obmsavegame.zip
    121.5 KB · Views: 16
Do u made any modification to the patch b4 playing?, actually with the new tech of this patch making, when u ever move a bit of numbers in wrong position, the game play will suck(entirely changing-so modify the nums carefully!). If that was not the case, i suggest u to try CGPv4 once u get time. Other wise what could i say?.

Nope, maybe I just found a bug...

Will have to use your CPG4 for the rest of the Ashes series I am playing...

the benchmark save file sounds interesting....will try it

Good job boss.. will try out your bench mark sav file and will post comments...

Very good save game boss.Will test it soon.Yesterday I started 20 over match between India and Pakistan and India scored 240 runs in 20 overs.They played really well and Tendulkar hit 4 sixes in first 4 overs and he scored 83 probably.

In reply,I lost 2 wickets of Salaman but and Inzamam-ul Haq in first over but then Yousif Youhana came and started hitting blindly.I really like the shots range which are available in this patch.Remaining review soon to follow.

Replies on 30.4.2005, 9.00 p.m. IST

what is the benchmark save file buddy, can u explain me please
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, bench mark system will help you to test out or comparing various specs of the system. In this case the bench mark sav file will help u to compare the various patche's AI behaviour. For eg: You may play this game with either CGP series/Tutsi's and can compare the results. You also test u'r batting skills/bowling skills particularly. Soon will post one Test Match SAV BM.

Quote:
Do u made any modification to the patch b4 playing?, actually with the new tech of this patch making, when u ever move a bit of numbers in wrong position, the game play will suck(entirely changing-so modify the nums carefully!). If that was not the case, i suggest u to try CGPv4 once u get time. Other wise what could i say?.

Nope, maybe I just found a bug...

Quote:

Thanks

Will have to use your CPG4 for the rest of the Ashes series I am playing...
by ZoraxDoom

Thats more like it mate!. Thanks to u for considering to play with CGPv4 and looking forward to u'r Ashes series rev.

the benchmark save file sounds interesting....will try it
by borncricketer

Thank u mate for considering OBM to test. It will really help u to find how various patches behaving with the same game.

Good job boss.. will try out your bench mark sav file and will post comments...
by Saisrini80

Hi sai!, Thanks in adv. Looking forward to see u'r rev/result.

how do i get my hands on IRCUv3?
by Mr.P

IRCUv3 incl with CGPv3. For all the installation steps, u may have to read the provided doc(ReadMeNow Text!). That will keep u going.

Very good save game boss.Will test it soon.Yesterday I started 20 over match between India and Pakistan and India scored 240 runs in 20 overs.They played really well and Tendulkar hit 4 sixes in first 4 overs and he scored 83 probably.

In reply,I lost 2 wickets of Salaman but and Inzamam-ul Haq in first over but then Yousif Youhana came and started hitting blindly.I really like the shots range which are available in this patch.Remaining review soon to follow.
by Hero

Thank u Hero for u'r rev and app. Very nice match indeed. Ya!, i carefully made the shot ranges over previous patches to CGPv4. Like to see the result of that match as well as OBM save game match.

Cheers

Boss

jimbob said:
in the read me it says manual appeal is added wot will b the key for this?

The Champ said:

Is there really manual appealing in boss patch version 4 ? cause i have tried pressing f5 many times( before bowling,after bowling,during bowling) but haven't seen any appeal

thanks

Manual appealing is only available in Sam new beta exe.You should try that along with Boss patch to get new features.

Hero said:
Manual appealing is only available in Sam new beta exe.You should try that along with Boss patch to get new features.
yes as hero said there is no such features with AI patches, its with the new beta exe by sam use the AI with combination of exe to get manual appeal

Well done on your new version of the Cool Gameplay Patch boss, it has really enhanced the gameplay of Cricket 2004.

I have indeed been very busy with my Website so I have not been able to post in this thread. Please don't get the impression that I am being rude to you. :upray

Boss buddy i have a couple of question before using ur patch for my next odi.

• shall i reduce the cursor size will it affect game play that is whether will i get any absurd things happening if change it or shall i proceed with doing it.
  • secondly shall i change bat window size too
Well as for viewers, the next odi in my story between NZ and WI will be played at jamaica using boss latest patch so keep tuned for the review of this patch.

great patch buddy, have tested in unofficial odi and is superb so be ready for the 3rd odi

Users who are viewing this thread