Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
with the patch could u make both batsman a bit more aggressive or show me how u can make the batsman more aggressive after 15 overs 0-45. aggresive especially through and over mid on, mid off , square cut and through covers. if u could help me i am new to this but willing to lear. thanks alot.

15 overs = 60-80, 15-30 = 130-180, 30-50 = 230-315

Replies on 11.5.2005, 8.45 p.m. IST

boss i cannot wait for the 20 over config you are realasing in CGPv5

my tournament will take a long time to finish so hopefully i will be able to use this in my 20:20 cup
by jazz

Thank u jazz for u'r consideration to play CGPv5 20-20 configs along with u'r exciting series. Just 16 days to go...

Well...here are some screens in 3 .zip files.

As you can see, some are from an ODI versus NZ and India.
Some notes on this:
-The two wickets my custom player took(both bowled) were exactly the same, almost yorker(a little too full) on the offside glanced into middle and leg stumps.
-The variety of wickets were good, keep it up.

Then there is my go at the Aussies with the bat after Hoggard grab a tenner and my second go at them with the ball.
A few notes on this:
-I played one over after Blackwell got out(yorked) and then autoplayed the rest of the batting.
-Hayden got bowled the same way the others did in the first innings, only this time he played to early to a change of pace(in the 120's compared to the 140's I had bowled for the rest of the over). Langer got out to a peach of a delivery that nipped back in a bit and would have taken off stump. He was trying to leg glance.

Not bad, but the AI still needs to learn not to throw away their wickets.

EDIT:Oops, silly me, forgot the attatchment
Only one has attatched. Will attatch the other ones in an other post.
by zoraxdoom

Thank u mate for presenting few screenies to identify few bugs in patch. Ya!, i think i need to improve the CPU play at the stumps, as u mentioned, lot of LBWs, Bowled. But really i can't get CPU bowled too often, tailenders may get Bowled, in CGPv4-HardMode!, so time will tell us!, let us see what i've to achieve with CGPv5.

Hello Boss, some review on your CGPv4 ODI Config patch! I played as India against England (the Adidas Tri series!) on a green wicket. The surprising thing is, i have bowled out England for 166 and that too only with spinners. The fast bowlers were tonked around for lots of runs but the spinners ran through the England batting line up. Sachin picked 4 wickets for 7 runs, Kumble picked 3/41 and Sehwag picked 1. I was impressed with the scoring rate of the CPU as they were scoring at 6.5+ per over but were all out by the 26th over itself!

The negatives are:

1. Whenever I bowl a spinner and bowl a yorker with almost no speed, the CPU batsman tries to sweep it and invariably is plumb LBW in front.

2. The CPU being still aggressive after the 15 over restriction. Most of them charged down the wicket to the spinners and got out. I wish only the most aggressive batsman charge and that too, not always. Only occasionally!
by saisrini80

Thank u sai for u'r extensive rev and comm. Ya!, i slightly messed up with the CPU pacing in 50 overs ODI, particularly after 15 overs. SO i'll strengthen that in CGPv5, will provide solid scores by CPU. As u mentioned, too many advance down shots tried too regularly by CPU as well as trying to sweep many times, may be the cause for spinners getting so many wickets in green top. Will tweak all these in CGPv5, and am sure the CPU pacing vice CGPv5 will be a ultimate patch.

I think Ravi's patch also has the sweep problem.
by gold639

Hi mate!, i didn't play around with Ravi's patch yet!, but i think that it can be fixed.

Something must be done boss i havn't tried your patch yet so no complains from me one less headache
by indiancricketer

Hi mate!, i don't consider any neg fb/comm as the headache, i'll treat every fb/comm on the same merit. am aware of only criticism will make some one stronger, which is in my case is - CGP. I never able to achieve this feet(PC best patch award) without all the app/criticism.

with the patch could u make both batsman a bit more aggressive or show me how u can make the batsman more aggressive after 15 overs 0-45. aggresive especially through and over mid on, mid off , square cut and through covers. if u could help me i am new to this but willing to lear. thanks alot.

15 overs = 60-80, 15-30 = 130-180, 30-50 = 230-315
by robertporter

Thanks for u'r aspiration to learn mate. Still we are all learning, isn't it?. We can change the agg of the batsmen by modifying few pacing configs. SO if u wish to know more abt CPU pacing refer to this post by clicking:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=130089&postcount=806

Still am looking to make the CPU pacing-perfect. Will sure that in CGPv5. But we can make particular shots played at particular period of time, by changing their aggressiveness (agg, mod, def) and by changing Difficulty and Reward values for each and every shots. But u have to careful when u change that!, otherwise the CPU Shot selection and pacing might be totally messed up. Hope this will help.

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
Thanks boss. Hope you tweak those things in CGPv5. Here is some batting review on ur CGPv4 patch. Its the same match India vs England on a green top in Hard mode.

India won with 2 wickets to spare. 3 run outs. The wickets were varied and it was nice. Also, I love the straight drive in your patch. Its so smooth yet not too many runs come off it easily. But the problem is I get very easy runs from the sweep shot. The sweep connects very well 97% of the time. It should be like 70% connecting and 30% not connecting for the top order batsmen. But its a 97:3 ratio now! The edges dont carry much. When I mistime a advance down the wicket shot, still the edge falls right close to the batsman's foot. Otherwise, quite a good patch for batting. And I request you to release a different version of the patch with the cursor size reduced. Top bowlers should have smaller cursors for a more accurate line and length.

Thanks boss. Hope you tweak those things in CGPv5. Here is some batting review on ur CGPv4 patch. Its the same match India vs England on a green top in Hard mode.

India won with 2 wickets to spare. 3 run outs. The wickets were varied and it was nice. Also, I love the straight drive in your patch. Its so smooth yet not too many runs come off it easily. But the problem is I get very easy runs from the sweep shot. The sweep connects very well 97% of the time. It should be like 70% connecting and 30% not connecting for the top order batsmen. But its a 97:3 ratio now! The edges dont carry much. When I mistime a advance down the wicket shot, still the edge falls right close to the batsman's foot. Otherwise, quite a good patch for batting. And I request you to release a different version of the patch with the cursor size reduced. Top bowlers should have smaller cursors for a more accurate line and length.
by saisrini80

Thank u sai for u'r immediate response, rest of the rev and app. Ya!, will make the sweep shot a bit difficult in CGPv5, atleast i'll decrease the power range to make it similar to the str.drive as u mentioned. The mode of dismissals were plenty, so much more bowling exp. Well, as always edge probs keep coming. I don't think all of the edges don't carry, few might, few might not, as in real life, any how will check it to perfect. Will also incl the smaller cursor for bowling and larger cursor for grt bowlers seperately.

Boss

Last edited:
Here are other screens in .zip file
Also in the ODI Brendon McCullum reverse swept me! Nice variation in shots there.

Attachments

• ODI Screens 2.zip
    559.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Test Screens 1.zip
    639.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Test Screens 2.zip
    582.6 KB · Views: 7
I am happy to hear that you are bringing some more camera angles in your next patch.It seems to me a rather complete patch.Good work boss.

Replies on 13.5.2005, 8.50 p.m. IST

Here are other screens in .zip file
Also in the ODI Brendon McCullum reverse swept me! Nice variation in shots there
by ZoraxDoom

Very nice screen shots mate!, grt matches indeed!, particularly the inn by tres is amazing, may sort down warne's calculations!, and another match - Ind vs Nz, India doing greatly, chasing kiwis paltry total, without a prob. Expecting more good screenies from u mate!, Ya!, as u mentioned, reverse sweep was also incl, but played once in a while and might be provideing surprise results.

I am happy to hear that you are bringing some more camera angles in your next patch.It seems to me a rather complete patch.Good work
by Hero

some more cam angles they will be nice buddy, hope u can bring IRCU update too
by The Champ

yeah boss buddy, i would appreciate it,too !
by akira2291

Thank u for all of u'r exp and app. I am surely gonna update IRCU, but trying few cam angles, may be finished it in time.

Cheers

Boss

boss said:
by ZoraxDoom

Very nice screen shots mate!, grt matches indeed!, particularly the inn by tres is amazing, may sort down warne's calculations!, and another match - Ind vs Nz, India doing greatly, chasing kiwis paltry total, without a prob. Expecting more good screenies from u mate!, Ya!, as u mentioned, reverse sweep was also incl, but played once in a while and might be provideing surprise results.

Cheers

Boss
Yea, Threscothick had an amazing innings, slamming Warney all over the place...
Like I said, batting was easy, but only if you applied yourself. Threscothick got out charging down the track and edging it to slip where Pointing caught it. Shouldn't have done it. Mybe advance shots should be made a bit easier, after all he was at full confidence!
The revese sweep only brought one run for McCullum however.

boss your camera settings are really great could you work on some close up camera settings for batsmen and bowlers ingame it would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread