Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CGPv5 HI-Lights...

afridi118 said:
bosss the best keep it up goood woork

Thank u mate for the app!.

CGPv5-Update: Hilights:

1. Bowling variety, Runup, follow up angle of all the bowlers been changed.

2. IRCU v5 been updated with all the latest stats, and 2 roster file will be presented for ODIs/TESTS seperately. The Characteristics of the players been changed with new technique. Its next to realistic now.

3. Seperate configs for 20 overs ODIs, 50 overs ODI, and Test matches to provide the flexibility and the complexity of the game types.

4. Challenging and tough CPU so far in the CGP series by means of Batting(shot selection/pacing)/bowling/field pos. Tactical batting by CPU might be expected. i.e. to play according to the situation.

5. Bowling made tougher. So CPU doesn't fall into trap one too many times.

6. New Replay camera angles.

with all these new features along with existing flair of CGP, plenty more to come with CGPv5. So be prepare for the excitement.

The day to remember June"1st. Expecting u'r thoughts friends...

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
I am waiting for CGPv5. Why is this the last patch for Cricket2004 boss? Do you expect everyone in this forum to switch immediately to BLIC or Cricket2005

hi boss!!!!
waiting eagerly for your new patch pal!!!
currently playing with CGPv4, odi patch.
just one thing..the cpu statrs of very well, and once a wicket falls, they fall in a heap.
and also the lbw problem. the cpu always tries sweeping the spinners, and gets plum lbw everytime. and towards the end of the innings, they are still defensive sometimes, i mean they dont try to take much risks.
anyways, waiting fo your next patch and expecting an even more explosive one this time!!
keep up the outstanding work pal!!
thanks!!

I tested cgpp5.0 beta for almost 10 overs.I think that in this patch timing is main key factor as If timed incorrectly then shots goes nowhere .On the other hand,on proper timing shot really travels.I had lot of bowlled out as well .It is hard to hit the yorkers so more suitable option is to just stop those yorkers.I also liked the idea of placing a fielder near by so that it is hard to get easy runs of leg bye and just stopping and running because the often close in fielder will not let you do that.Overall a good patch but I think that little more fluency while batting is needed.

I am really inspired with the features of new coming patch.

Replies on 26.5.2005 , 1.40 p.m.IST

Thank u All for the replies!, atleast after a while. IKT most of u busy with u'r final exams. No prob!. Now i can expect lot of replies from u guys. Very exciting thinks to follow. SO just check it out friends, time to time.

E=MC said:
great boss, can't wait for it

The Champ said:
Gr8 news buddy waiting for it

Thank u to both E=MC as well as buddy for the app and exp. Just 5 days to go friends for the CGPv5!.

TO buddy: Hi buddy!, its been a while to see u in here!, i think u comeback from exams. How is the exams?.

Saisrini80 said:
I am waiting for CGPv5. Why is this the last patch for Cricket2004 boss? Do you expect everyone in this forum to switch immediately to BLIC or Cricket2005

Hi sai!, thanks for the comm!. I always thought the patch is gonna be the last (for every CGP). Same thing here. But after the comm/fb/rev, will gonna fix any bugs and will add any new thinks am find. As long as u and me play cricket'2004, i always try to give my best for CGP.

a47 said:
hi boss!!!!
waiting eagerly for your new patch pal!!!
currently playing with CGPv4, odi patch.
just one thing..the cpu statrs of very well, and once a wicket falls, they fall in a heap.
and also the lbw problem. the cpu always tries sweeping the spinners, and gets plum lbw everytime. and towards the end of the innings, they are still defensive sometimes, i mean they dont try to take much risks.
anyways, waiting fo your next patch and expecting an even more explosive one this time!!
keep up the outstanding work pal!!
thanks!!

Thanks for u'r comms as well as app. In cgpv5, u can expect the ultimate pacing by CPU as far am experienced so far. Sweeping to the spinners has no prob and once they miss the shot (once in a while-around 5%), there might be the chance of LBW. Yap!, i also hope for explosive CGPv5.

Hero said:
I tested cgpp5.0 beta for almost 10 overs.I think that in this patch timing is main key factor as If timed incorrectly then shots goes nowhere .On the other hand,on proper timing shot really travels.I had lot of bowlled out as well .It is hard to hit the yorkers so more suitable option is to just stop those yorkers.I also liked the idea of placing a fielder near by so that it is hard to get easy runs of leg bye and just stopping and running because the often close in fielder will not let you do that.Overall a good patch but I think that little more fluency while batting is needed.

I am really inspired with the features of new coming patch.

Thank u Hero for u'r app and comm. Yes!, as u mentioned, in v5beta as well as upcoming CGPv5, the timing is going to be a crucial part to get the placement and power right. Near by fielders are the must to avoid u sneak singles once too many times. (atleast in first 15 overs!).

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
Back after a while

looks like i have missed a hell of lot..mate...

anyways here i am after a while.....greate to hear that u gonna realz CGPv5...thats great....

i'm useing the v4 right now...but i find it eazy to cantain CPU..even australia..i played with india they were so boring...

sachin and shewag was too slow hard to belive they hardly try to play a aggr..shot
but onece a wicket falls doni.. ganguly and even dravid play as if they wants to catch a train..that's good but they get's out...
once Yuraj came in and hit a six and a four against.. murali.. netxt ball cames down and miss the ball gets stumps....

mate i'm not demotivating u it is guys like u keep me interested in the game...
but i wish u guys make it more interesting..

i importrd the IRCU as well after saving the serise...for both teams....and also odi cfg file..

in a test match which i'm playing right now pointing have faced 34 b's yet to get of the mark can u belive it...

am i missing somting...

Replies on 27.5.2005, 8.35 p.m. IST

charithnirmal said:
looks like i have missed a hell of lot..mate...

anyways here i am after a while.....greate to hear that u gonna realz CGPv5...thats great....

i'm useing the v4 right now...but i find it eazy to cantain CPU..even australia..i played with india they were so boring...

sachin and shewag was too slow hard to belive they hardly try to play a aggr..shot
but onece a wicket falls doni.. ganguly and even dravid play as if they wants to catch a train..that's good but they get's out...
once Yuraj came in and hit a six and a four against.. murali.. netxt ball cames down and miss the ball gets stumps....

mate i'm not demotivating u it is guys like u keep me interested in the game...
but i wish u guys make it more interesting..

i importrd the IRCU as well after saving the serise...for both teams....and also odi cfg file..

in a test match which i'm playing right now pointing have faced 34 b's yet to get of the mark can u belive it...

am i missing somting...

Thank u charith for u'r comm and exp. Its nice to see u back in here. ODI pacing along with IRCU will be perfected in CGPv5. I think CGPv4 is the best pacing provided so far in TEST matches, normally they scoring around 3 to 5 R.P.O. I don't find any prob in pacing so far. Any how, check out u are playing it with the test matches configs rather than ODI configs. (seperately provided!).

The Champ said:
ya missed a lot charithnirmal so as i am its great hype building abt buddy's next patch cant wait

Thanks buddy for u'r exp. Yap!, lot of hypes building around, am intensely working on to provide u the ultimate gameplay patch for EAC2004. Just 4 days to go mate...

Cheers

Boss

The Champ said:
sorry buddy i think will not be testing so early i have my exams till jun10 and then 1 month training plz do forgive ya

No probs mate!. Profession is more important than this game though!. good luck buddy for the exams as well as trainings.

Cheers

Boss

can u plz give me some tips for bowling on this patch, really ****ing me off that i cant get any wickets nz are 120/2 against me playing as india and both wickets came from run outs, th

thnz

Boss,
Patch is good since CPU bats fairly agressive making 180+ in 20 overs. You have change the spec for the leg glance. I am not sure if I'm just not timing it right or its become very difficult to play. In reality it should be a the easiest shot to play for most batsmen. I find that the cover drive is very hard to play against the spin bowlers, so I'm limited to the late cut.

Users who are viewing this thread