Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats you have been selected as a nominee for Member of the Month of Planet Times along with The Champ

just a few things, but before that

thank you boss for an amazing patch, almost flawless and very realistic.

first thing that can be improved is leg-side play,its hard to even touch the ball if it is bowled on the legstump. The flick, and glance are a bit difficult.
second thing, lot of times the edges do not carry to the keeper or the slip cordon. That can be improved as well

i tried this both in hard and normal game play

good patch though, thanks

ravi

ravigoteti said:
first thing that can be improved is leg-side play,its hard to even touch the ball if it is bowled on the legstump. The flick, and glance are a bit difficult.
ravi
Yes boss buddy i too agree the onside play is a bit undone in this version

Sourav fan

Hey friends can any of u help me out.
I cannot play the following shots
1)lofted cover drive for left handers
2)lofted on drive for right handers
Also I lose the commentry voice after playing for some time

Mate use the following combination

for lofted cover drive, use the d buttons with the usual cover drive
for lofted on drive use the same d button with usual on drive.

if u still have problem see ur default keys and check them if they r correct.

As far as commentary its a bug i think i too had this problem now and then but it rectifies itself soon

Ashnal said:
Boss, great patch. I think the ODI pacing is good, but the test needs to be increased.
I disagree with Ashwinkm, about the straight drive. I believe that the straight drive is fine and has the right pace. .
Boss buddy i too agree with Ashanl about both the odi pacing as always i have told ur odi patch is more realistic and of course the straight drive has no problem the direction and everything is fine

CGPv4 Release Date Announced!, Replies on: 15.4.2005 8.45 p.m. IST

Boss I have tried your patch in medium level and everything is going fine but I found advance down shot a bit difficult even against spinners and mostly shot goes nowhere .Can you tweak it such way if not proper timed it went higher rather than staying at the pitch?Good work though.

Ok.I did not read that post and straightly read Tutsi last one.
by Hero

Hi Hero!, thank u for u'r comm and app!, Ya!, generally the advance shots were made tough, after the batsman set in, then only he can properly timed it for good!, any how i personally feels it a bit tough too, soon correct it!.

I thought it could be done by editing the exe. Dont think it can be done by AI. It really ****es me off when ball just goes through the player and doesn't even react to it. I hope they correct it in C2k5. Even if you play a lofted shotat the slips. it'll let it go. So if you're playing a late cut and it goes in the air of the bat(not of the edge). Then the fielders will let it go.
by Anil Dharani

Hi anil!, Ya!, this is a same old EA bug!, we can't change them unless those "Leave it to your imaginations" :rolleyes: do some thing probably in c2005!

Congrats you have been selected as a nominee for Member of the Month of Planet Times along with The Champ
by Voldemort

Thank u very much mate for selecting me as a nominee for best AI patch!, i'll try my best to make happy gaming!, and Thanks to all the forum members/mods/admin to stage me at this position. As i said earlier, with out all of your support, where i am now is simply impossible.

Congrats to buddy i think he is the right choice as i dont want to be against my buddy
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, thanks for u'r wishes!, and Congrats to u is well, u are selected in couple of categories!, am sure u'll win those!

just a few things, but before that

thank you boss for an amazing patch, almost flawless and very realistic.

second thing, lot of times the edges do not carry to the keeper or the slip cordon. That can be improved as well

i tried this both in hard and normal game play

good patch though, thanks

ravi
by ravigoteti

Hi ravi!, thanks for u'r comm and app!, As i said earlier, once you find u'r feet in, u can get good timing on all the shots. Actually, the leg-side shots are easier than the off side ones, as in real, in this patch. As the power values varied a lot, u can see all sorts of thinks with the edges, the ball can fly over the cordon, not carry to the cordon, at times, even get u'r stumps, if u are lucky, u can get 4 runs also. So There is not always the "Not carrying" prob occurs. Strangely, some of our members, pointed out that the ball fly over the cordon regularly. Any how will look in to this matter and try to fix it.

Yes boss buddy i too agree the onside play is a bit undone in this version
by The Champ

Hi champ!,As lot of our friends are good players, i don't have a choice other than making a bit tough!, any how i also feel the heat now while playing the game!, so will eased out few shots soon buddy!

Hey friends can any of u help me out.
I cannot play the following shots
1)lofted cover drive for left handers
2)lofted on drive for right handers
Also I lose the commentry voice after playing for some time
by Sreekanth

Mate use the following combination

for lofted cover drive, use the d buttons with the usual cover drive
for lofted on drive use the same d button with usual on drive.

if u still have problem see ur default keys and check them if they r correct.

As far as commentary its a bug i think i too had this problem now and then but it rectifies itself soon
by The Champ

Hi sreekanth!, Champ buddy ans your question!, This prob might occur only when you change the default key into some thing u feel convenient abt. But the game didn't allow us to play few shots as u pointed out if we do so!. So just restore the Default Keys and practice with those keys as there is no solution available. Ya!, comm bug is in game is well!, Jim and Benaud take a nap in btw :D , nothing can sort it out!,

btw what happened to boss buddy r u okay mate not seen u for a while though

Boss buddy i too agree with Ashanl about both the odi pacing as always i have told ur odi patch is more realistic and of course the straight drive has no problem the direction and everything is fine
by The Champ

Ya buddy!, just out of station for couple of days!, now joins the party!, Ya!, am also realising that test match pacing needed to be corrected!, will do that swiftly in CGPv4!, as u pointed out, no probs with the st.drive!

CGP Update: Friends, as i see a few bugs creeping in from the discussion, a new CGP on the cards!, YA!, CGPv4!, will be released on 22.4.2005 (Next Friday)!, before that just spray what ever u thing some thing wrong abt the patch!

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
i think the patch is great mate! after barmyarmy has made his county roster why don't you try and add characteristics try and to it?

Quote:

by Voldemort

Thank u very much mate for selecting me as a nominee for best AI patch!, i'll try my best to make happy gaming!, and Thanks to all the forum members/mods/admin to stage me at this position. As i said earlier, with out all of your support, where i am now is simply impossible.

For best AI patch? That's a different case, i was talking about Member of the Month

nik said:
yes the IRCU was excellent, now we can have it with updated county teams as well hopefully!!

For the IRCU to be updated for the county teams, boss needs help from others too. I dont think we should expect boss to know the characteristics of each and every county player. He can do it for the Indian domestic players but people of other respective countries should help him in their respective country's county teams.

Users who are viewing this thread