Bowling Guide!

Is anyone else finding bouncers and short bowling totally useless? The computer almost always attacks them, never mis-times or mis-hits it and usually scores boundaries.
I want to mix up my deliveries but every short ball I bowl just get smashed.

I get a few wickets off bouncers caught on the boundary. Adjust your line to cater to field setting. I think that's realistic?

Is anyone else finding bouncers and short bowling totally useless? The computer almost always attacks them, never mis-times or mis-hits it and usually scores boundaries.
I want to mix up my deliveries but every short ball I bowl just get smashed.

I have had numerous play and misses + caughts of short bowling (mostly if it reaches the shoulder height). One was caught at short fine leg too :)!!!

I get a few wickets off bouncers caught on the boundary. Adjust your line to cater to field setting. I think that's realistic?

They seem quite happy hooking, pulling and cutting. I've only got so many fielders.
I just find them over-aggressive and the shots seem quite low risk.

They seem quite happy hooking, pulling and cutting. I've only got so many fielders.
I just find them over-aggressive and the shots seem quite low risk.

Yes...the bouncers need to be timed well (in green zones) and the pitch should not be one with low bounce. I noticed when I tried bouncing the AI on low tracks the ball hardly reached the shoulder height and they would hit it well. On slightly bouncier pitches the same delivery would trouble them at times.

Will take a video the next time I bowl a good bouncer (which is quite difficult to do for me as I always time it too late)

I find it amusing that I bowl 152 km/h bouncers at tail enders heads and they smash them away for boundaries.

I'm starting to wonder whether the faster you bowl the less likely you are to trouble batsman. Not just with bouncers but with edges, etc.

Who else is finding bowling in online games a nightmare?

Just slightly misflicking the analog stick seems to make it a wide.

Also plenty of no-balls even when I don't overstep and getting called for bowling bouncers when I pitch the ball up using spinners or medium pacers. Seems to be a severe bug as even subsequent deliveries continue to keep getting no-balled even when I don't overstep. Caused me to have to forfeit a match just a while ago. Very, very annoying ... :(

Last edited:
Who else is finding bowling in online games a nightmare?

Just slightly misflicking the analog stick seems to make it a wide.

Also plenty of no-balls even when I don't overstep and getting called for bowling bouncers when I pitch the ball up using spinners or medium pacers. Seems to be a severe bug as even subsequent deliveries continue to keep getting no-balled even when I don't overstep. Caused me to have to forfeit a match just a while ago. Very, very annoying ... :(

But how can you get a no-ball against spinners? I haven't seen even a single no-ball with or against spinners in offline mode.

But how can you get a no-ball against spinners? I haven't seen even a single no-ball with or against spinners in offline mode.
I've got this only in online mode, when I bowled using Harbhajan Singh and pitched the ball in good length area. The umpire signalled one for the over. In an earlier match, I had been called no-ball with a spinner for height after one for the over.

This happened only in online mode.

Also getting a lot of no-balls when I don't overstep and bowling well within the crease. Caused me to forfeit a couple of matches this way. Extremely frustrating.

I've got this only in online mode, when I bowled using Harbhajan Singh and pitched the ball in good length area. The umpire signalled one for the over. In an earlier match, I had been called no-ball with a spinner for height after one for the over.

This happened only in online mode.

Also getting a lot of no-balls when I don't overstep and bowling well within the crease. Caused me to forfeit a couple of matches this way. Extremely frustrating.

Interesting. Definitely something for #Patch2 . Pls mention this issue in the "Issues and Anomalies after patch 1" thread else it might get missed.

Interesting. Definitely something for #Patch2 . Pls mention this issue in the "Issues and Anomalies after patch 1" thread else it might get missed.

Already done so regarding the spinners' no-ball issue.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...lies-after-patch-1-a-89276-7.html#post2748255

I have a feeling this happens when the batsmen attempts to sweep or reverse sweep but not absolutely sure...

Regarding the second issue getting called no-ball for being within the crease, not at all sure whether this is a connection issue or not. I've had a string of no-balls in succession when I apparently did nothing to warrant it.

Has anyone been able to consistently spin the ball noticeably? I don't mean just straightening, I mean warne and murali level spin.

Revolutions, release timing, ball condition, pitch condition - all seem to be perfect for ripping spin deliveries, but it still goes almost straight...

Would be great to see some videos of this if yes, along with some tips!

Has anyone been able to consistently spin the ball noticeably? I don't mean just straightening, I mean warne and murali level spin.

Revolutions, release timing, ball condition, pitch condition - all seem to be perfect for ripping spin deliveries, but it still goes almost straight...

Would be great to see some videos of this if yes, along with some tips!

I haven't but I don't seem to be able to swing the ball either.

Users who are viewing this thread