Bowling Guide!

Alright Couple of questions, Does it matter if I press the Right arrow or left arrow when trying to bowl Cross Seam?

What will the Cross Seam ball do?

Also regarding fast bowling, If I bowl to say like near the stumps what will that do to the angle of the ball will the ball pitch it more to the leg side say If I am a right arm fast bowler?

Regarding Spin Bowling, What will Drift do to the ball?

Thank you.

What i found which is fun to do
Flighted ball, and i mean this balls is higher than eye level, replay barely shows the ball path

Got this right by pulling RAS back just before point of delivery, awesome to see how the balls flies slowly through the air

How do you ball in the line of stumps? Not right and not left. I struggle with this specially with spinners.

Spin bowling help needed

Hey guys,

Like many of you, having a great time playing Don Bradman on PS3. I have an issue that I am trying to overcome with spin bowling however.

I'm rotating the left stick three times and am trying to get the timing of the right hand stick to match the end of the third rotation but I can only max out at just over 400rpm and the delivery turns into a generic loopy drifter. Once in a while I can get it over 1000rpm and of course this is required to get the optimum delivery.

I have read the tips in this forum but still having issues. Can anyone provide me with some additional assistance please?

Hey guys,

Like many of you, having a great time playing Don Bradman on PS3. I have an issue that I am trying to overcome with spin bowling however.

I'm rotating the left stick three times and am trying to get the timing of the right hand stick to match the end of the third rotation but I can only max out at just over 400rpm and the delivery turns into a generic loopy drifter. Once in a while I can get it over 1000rpm and of course this is required to get the optimum delivery.

I have read the tips in this forum but still having issues. Can anyone provide me with some additional assistance please?

You have to select the delivery first with left stick, then select the length of the delivery then start rotating the left analog and then right stick to get the direction of the delivery. Do it in this order and you would get 1000+ rpm

Hey guys,

I had this problem but figured out it was ME and the way I was manipulating the controls. The tricks I've found (and by no means perfect..I can only get 1000rpm at the moment) are:

1. select say stock legspin, which I find is the BEST (LAS up/left, select good delivery)
2. As the bowler starts running up, I will SLOWLY rotate the LAS 1-2 times until I see his right arm coming up to bowl, which is when I try and time the last spin for when his hand is at the top of the delivery, then I hit RAS up = high RPM. Its all about timing the last spin with the RAS Up. One other little tip I found...I use the 12 o'clock position on the LAS as the starting and ending points for the rotations....time your last rotation to the 12 o'clock position with the RAS UP.
3. I tend to bowl a LOT of wides even though I constantly bowl using the same action (above) ie. I'm almost always aiming at the stumps so I can't figure out how I can constantly bowl wides. ah well. with figures of 4-9 it doesn't really matter does it...

I had this problem but figured out it was ME and the way I was manipulating the controls. The tricks I've found (and by no means perfect..I can only get 1000rpm at the moment) are:

1. select say stock legspin, which I find is the BEST (LAS up/left, select good delivery)
2. As the bowler starts running up, I will SLOWLY rotate the LAS 1-2 times until I see his right arm coming up to bowl, which is when I try and time the last spin for when his hand is at the top of the delivery, then I hit RAS up = high RPM. Its all about timing the last spin with the RAS Up. One other little tip I found...I use the 12 o'clock position on the LAS as the starting and ending points for the rotations....time your last rotation to the 12 o'clock position with the RAS UP.
3. I tend to bowl a LOT of wides even though I constantly bowl using the same action (above) ie. I'm almost always aiming at the stumps so I can't figure out how I can constantly bowl wides. ah well. with figures of 4-9 it doesn't really matter does it...

So I found out what I was missing out. In order to get consistent RPMs of 1000+ you need to hold the delivery selection part all the way until you select a length and then you can start rotating.

So for example on LAS hold 'up' for top spinner and keep holding up until you have selected a length. Then begin the revolutions.

I guess I was so focused on trying to time my LAS and RAS that I oversaw this simple step (as pointed out by others in previous posts).

My ps3 controller's started making creaking noises when I rotate the left stick :( And despite all that twirling I barely get up to 400 rpm and my leg spinner actually spins the other way.

I guess I was so focused on trying to time my LAS and RAS that I oversaw this simple step (as pointed out by others in previous posts).

alls well that ends well mate. If you do a search you'll see I had the same problem a week ago (couldn't get rpms>180) until I got a few tips from here.

Here is a tip to combat bowler speeds being unrealistically low:

Change the speedometer to MPH. You will have no idea what anything is in that stupid, archaic system, and therefore won't notice that your bowlers are slow as balls. Worked wonders for me, I really stopped noticing the speed and just got on with enjoying the game*

* May not work for stupid poms.

Here is a tip to combat bowler speeds being unrealistically low:

Change the speedometer to MPH. You will have no idea what anything is in that stupid, archaic system, and therefore won't notice that your bowlers are slow as balls. Worked wonders for me, I really stopped noticing the speed and just got on with enjoying the game*

* May not work for stupid poms.

lol

How do you ball in the line of stumps? Not right and not left. I struggle with this specially with spinners.

Would love to know as well coz my leggie always misses leg stump. Somehow the ball always spins the other way, as if a googly, and misses the leg stick.

Would love to know as well coz my leggie always misses leg stump. Somehow the ball always spins the other way, as if a googly, and misses the leg stick.

Pushing the right stick straight up will deliver the ball in line with the stumps

Regarding 400rpm, select the delivery first using the LAS and then start rotating the LAS, then right stick straight upwards to bowl in line with the stumps. Its all in the manual if people just read :facepalm

Pushing the right stick straight up will deliver the ball in line with the stumps

Regarding 400rpm, select the delivery first using the LAS and then start rotating the LAS, then right stick straight upwards to bowl in line with the stumps. Its all in the manual if people just read :facepalm

I always do that man.. but ball still goes right or left from the views of hawkeye and I'm talking aobut pacers too..

how increase bowling speed

I am not able to get more then 113 kph even with dalestyn no matter how I time the jump. Can anyone please give some tips to bowl at high speed. Or video will be awesome cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread