Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do you think about Binga. I reckon he is the best fast bowler in international cricket at the moment. Another 5 wicket hall and it came in only the first innings.

I think he is at this moment in time but there are people chasing him, Steyn can be class act, Ahktar when he gets going, Bond when fit, Ntini is defiantely up there.

Akhtar and Bond are no where near at the moment. Ntini hasn't looked that great recently. There's a case for Steyn, but I think Lee is miles ahead now.

Shoaib akhtar is the best Fastest bowler, Batsman actully fear him, as a fast bowler.

Shoaib akhtar is the best Fastest bowler, Batsman actully fear him, as a fast bowler.

Says who. Who 'fears' him? No international batsmen is scared of the sort of pace which Shoaib Akhtar bowls these days. He spends most of his time in the mid 130s with only the odd effort ball reaching 150kph, which batsmen tend to play comfortably.

I agree Lee is the best pace bowler in international cricket at the moment he is in terrific form. Bond is injured and has signed to the Indian Cricket League. Haven't heard much from akhtar though or Ntini. I wanna see Steyn bowl I've never even heard of him, which team does he play for?

There's a case for Steyn, but I think Lee is miles ahead now.

We need to see how Steyn does once the honeymoon period ends. However, on form alone (ignoring today, because he is injured), I would have him in a Test World XI because of his amazing wicket taking ability. He'll always be expensive, but with a strike rate of 39.4, he can afford to be.

I agree Lee is the best pace bowler in international cricket at the moment he is in terrific form. Bond is injured and has signed to the Indian Cricket League. Haven't heard much from akhtar though or Ntini. I wanna see Steyn bowl I've never even heard of him, which team does he play for?

I see you don't watch much cricket. Dale Steyn opens the bowling for South Africa and is around the spot of quickest bowler in the world, perhaps behind Shaun Tait and level with Brett Lee.

Last edited:
Says who. Who 'fears' him? No international batsmen is scared of the sort of pace which Shoaib Akhtar bowls these days. He spends most of his time in the mid 130s with only the odd effort ball reaching 150kph, which batsmen tend to play comfortably.

Hey man, I'm talking about the fear which shoaib gives with his slow bowl, get it?

SHoaib is Fast, he is a match winner. One of the finnest Cricketers ever produced.

When he is running in you know something is gonne happen.

Hey man, I'm talking about the fear which shoaib gives with his slow bowl, get it?

SHoaib is Fast, he is a match winner. One of the finnest Cricketers ever produced.

When he is running in you know something is gonne happen.

It is not fear, it is deception. He always makes something happen, but that does not make him the best fast bowler in the world today. That being said, I wouldn't turn down having Muralitharan, Lee, Steyn and Akhtar as a fast bowling unit.

Akhtar has a real fitness problem though. He bowls mostly at 130kph, take his maximum at 150kph and he bowls at just 86% of his capacity, which is not on for a fast bowler.

Shoaib has just stayed out alot of International Cricket. I belive he can still beat his own record of fastest ball at this point.

Mat O R W BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10

62 2175 7670 253 5/30 8/112 30.31 3.52 51.5 7 0
46 1357.1 4574 178 6/11 11/78 25.69 3.37 45.7 12 2

Shoaib is green, this is overall test, you can see shaoib jas just not played many test matches.

haha, one of the finest cricketers ever produced, dont make me laugh. He may be a talented bowler, but the fact that he's always injured, never really bowls at full pace, is a convicted druggy and an up himself bigot means that he isnt one of the finest crickets ever. It seems that only Pakistani fans seem to highly rate Akhtar, umm, strange that.

I have the ability to see the whole picture, and can give un-biased views on who i believe is the best bowler. I'm not going to come out with some biased crap about Harmison or Hoggard being the best quicks, because they're not, they're good enough for test level, but not 2 of the greatest fast bowlers ever. In my honest opinion, i believe that Brett Lee and Dale Steyn are the best quicks in the world, with Shaun Tait and Lasith Malinga showing one heck of alot of promise. Steyn could go on to be one of the most successful bowlers ever. Glenn McGrath, the finest fast bowler ever imo, finished his career with 563 wickets at the age of 37. Steyn is only 24 and already has 76 test wickets to his name, if he continues to play test cricket until his mid to late 30's we could see the most successful quickie ever, he certainly has the talent, its just a matter of whether he stays fit or not.

Lee's the 2nd quickest but the most deadly fast bowler in the world atm, bowls accurate, fast, hard working spells which trouble the worlds best batsmen. I dont think theres a better quicky in the world atm.

Shoaib has just stayed out alot of International Cricket. I belive he can still beat his own record of fastest ball at this point.

Mat O R W BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10

62 2175 7670 253 5/30 8/112 30.31 3.52 51.5 7 0
46 1357.1 4574 178 6/11 11/78 25.69 3.37 45.7 12 2

Shoaib is green, this is overall test, you can see shaoib jas just not played many test matches.

It's his own fault he's not played long enough.

He's not fit enough and always seems to have an attitude problem.

(apart from his dubious action which in my eyes is chucking, whatever the ICC might say about it)

Lee is the best currently. Even at 140-145 kph he can trouble the batsmen with late swing which makes him lethal

It's hyperextension, not chucking you fool. As long as he doesnt hyperextend beyond -15 degrees he's fine. Shoaib is NOT a chucker under the laws of the game, no matter what your opinion of him may be. The laws of the game state that he is not a chucker, therefore he isnt a chucker. Fact.

haha, one of the finest cricketers ever produced, dont make me laugh. He may be a talented bowler, but the fact that he's always injured, never really bowls at full pace, is a convicted druggy and an up himself bigot means that he isnt one of the finest crickets ever. It seems that only Pakistani fans seem to highly rate Akhtar, umm, strange that.

Why don't you go out there bowl 101.8 and say that.

He is injured, it's not easy to be world's fastest bowler. You have not seen him bowl if you say that. Look at many "legendry" footballers, and tell me have they not been all sorts of stuff? On field you cannot take that away from Akhtar of what he is and what he has done.

Seens like only Pakistani fans think. (not being offensive)

It's hyperextension, not chucking you fool. As long as he doesnt hyperextend beyond -15 degrees he's fine. Shoaib is NOT a chucker under the laws of the game, no matter what your opinion of him may be. The laws of the game state that he is not a chucker, therefore he isnt a chucker. Fact.
??
Yes it is because I believe my eyes. The 15 degree rule is crap. How can the umpires measure that angle every time he bowls? :p

Anyway this is not a debate about chucking. Even apart from that Shoaib is not the best fast bowler. He's a very good fast bowler at his prime, but he's not at his prime now.

Users who are viewing this thread