Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

It's his own fault he's not played long enough.

He's not fit enough and always seems to have an attitude problem.

(apart from his dubious action which in my eyes is chucking, whatever the ICC might say about it)

Yes it is his fault.

That "attitude problem" is because, PCB suck, rightly.

He has some disorders, so he cannot bowl straight, it's been cleared by ICC.

It's hyperextension, not chucking you fool. As long as he doesnt hyperextend beyond -15 degrees he's fine. Shoaib is NOT a chucker under the laws of the game, no matter what your opinion of him may be. The laws of the game state that he is not a chucker, therefore he isnt a chucker. Fact.

Yes it is because I believe my eyes. The 15 degree rule is crap. :p

Why is it crap. It is the adjudged rule based on the straightening of past bowlers before him who were beyond the limits, such as Glenn Mcgrath and Imran Khan.

But these legendary footballers weren't effected by what was happening off the field. Shoaib's performances have been effected by his goings on off the field. He is an arrogant, bigot that thinks he can get away with what he wants. He just has not performed at a consistent level for a long enough period of time for him to be considered one of the legends of the game. He may have hit 100mph, twice, but that doesnt make him the best fast bowler in the world right now. Shaun Tait is the quickest in the world right now, doesnt mean he's the best. Lee isnt as fast, but is more accurate, and more deadly.

In my opinion at the moment:

Brett Lee > Shoaib Akhtar

Lee is the best currently. Even at 140-145 kph he can trouble the batsmen with late swing which makes him lethal

Akhtar is very less playing a full series, but when he is, you don't watch him much do you?

He was returing after 15 months against India in that last test series, don't expect him to be 100%.

Why is it crap. It is the adjudged rule based on the straightening of past bowlers before him who were beyond the limits, such as Glenn Mcgrath and Imran Khan.

Because umpires cannot judge an angle of a bent arm, that's why.

In fact, the ICC should have just decided whether an action is legal or illegal based on videotape evidence of matches without specifying angles and such ridiculous stuff.

Either a bowler chucks or doesn't -- there's no in-between as far as I'm concerned. If that makes my opinion unpopular, so be it.

I acknowledged that his action is legal strictly by the rules.

But these legendary footballers weren't effected by what was happening off the field. Shoaib's performances have been effected by his goings on off the field. He is an arrogant, bigot that thinks he can get away with what he wants. He just has not performed at a consistent level for a long enough period of time for him to be considered one of the legends of the game. He may have hit 100mph, twice, but that doesnt make him the best fast bowler in the world right now. Shaun Tait is the quickest in the world right now, doesnt mean he's the best. Lee isnt as fast, but is more accurate, and more deadly.

Well Shoaib has been in more downs in cricket then any of these players, so i find it hard to say that Akhtar is not better then them when he is 100%.

In fact, the ICC should have just decided whether an action is legal or illegal based on videotape evidence of matches without specifying angles and such ridiculous stuff.

Do you allow a mistake to go un-corrected even though it might affect a player's career even?

remember saying this on the other thread?

Last edited:
It's not about the umpires noticing the angles, the players where speculation has occured about their action, such as Murali, have undergone tests goverened by the ICC to test their action. Shoaib's action has been tested and he has been proven to be under the 15 degree bracket. Therefore, the governing body has stated that Akhtar's action is completely legal. It's not down to opinion, the clear undeniable facts are there for all to see, he is not a chucker.

Akhtar is very less playing a full series, but when he is, you don't watch him much do you?

He was returing after 15 months against India in that last test series, don't expect him to be 100%.

I've watched him enough. He is aging and can nowhere touch his peak in the near future consistently enough to be any competition to Lee.

He can still be a great bowler if he reinvents himself and tries not to be out-and-out quick as he used to be.

Id say Lee is best because he gets alot in the 140's and is probaly the most acurate out of Steyn, Bond , Ntini, and Akhtar. But Dale Steyn could also give him a go, and if bond didn't get as much injuries he would have been one of the best at the moment.

It's not about the umpires noticing the angles, the players where speculation has occured about their action, such as Murali, have undergone tests goverened by the ICC to test their action. Shoaib's action has been tested and he has been proven to be under the 15 degree bracket. Therefore, the governing body has stated that Akhtar's action is completely legal. It's not down to opinion, the clear undeniable facts are there for all to see, he is not a chucker.

I already acknowledged the ICC rule. So no point in continuing this debate further.

Sure it's down to my opinion because I'm entitled to have one :p

But why is it that Pakistan fans get so worked up over his being the fastest bowler? He should aim to extend his career if he wants more success at the international level and he cannot be a 150+ kph bowler consistently if he has to keep bowling for a while.

Last edited:
I've watched him enough. He is aging and can nowhere touch his peak in the near future consistently enough to be any competition to Lee.

He can still be a great bowler if he reinvents himself and tries not to be out-and-out quick as he used to be.

First you talk about his behavior, when i justify that, you talk about chucking, and when we clear that I knew you would come to that.

Yes because Shoaib is way better then him.

Well yes, you're entitled to an opinion, but only on a matter where opinion comes into the reckoning. The facts are on the table, and the facts state that bowlers like Shoaib and Murali arent chuckers, and you are arguing with pure fact, as far as im concerned, this discussion doesnt entitle opinions to be made. A bowler is either a chucker or they arent, and the ICC have proven that Shoaib, and others arent chuckers. Just accept the facts.

Well yes, you're entitled to an opinion, but only on a matter where opinion comes into the reckoning. The facts are on the table, and the facts state that bowlers like Shoaib and Murali arent chuckers, and you are arguing with pure fact, as far as im concerned, this discussion doesnt entitle opinions to be made. A bowler is either a chucker or they arent, and the ICC have proven that Shoaib, and others arent chuckers. Just accept the facts.

That's because even though I've acknowledged the ICC rule exists I don't agree with it. The FACT is the the rule exists, my OPINION is that it is wrong.

But never mind my opinion. Why are you so bothered with it if I'm wrong. I've moved on from that point...

Well I'd never stand for any payers that much apart from Shoaib

I have been watching nearly every test match which Shoaib Akhtar plays in for the last 5 years, there has not been many, but the ones have been where great from personal experience Shoaib is best fastest, and can be even better then what he is.

I like Lee as a bowler, and I think he has a right to be comapred to Shoaib, so as bond.

Users who are viewing this thread