Brett Lee The World Best Fast Bowler At The Moment?

So you provide no response whatsoever other than a post backed up by nothing just stereotyping me. Try and find another way of proving Shoaib is good. Oh wait thats impossible.

You know what, 'M JUST tired of this bull, k? Why don't you get your head down and read.

I don't have to prove you all the time about who is good.

Good response, your right Shoaib is the best fast bowler in the world.

In general Shoaib's record doesn't set the world alight. His recent records especially is very under-whelming compared to the regard you hold him in.

some people need to have 99 world cup DVD in their house.

One good series/World Cup doesn't make you the Worlds greatest fast bowler 9 years later. Just because he was one of the quickest ever doesn't mean hes ever a good bowler with it. Typical fickle opinion.

nah did you watch his speed that time?

Yes, oh my god, he bowled apparently the fastest ball ever, that doesn't make him the best bowler, it makes him the quickest, and especially not 9 years later when he's a lot older an fading.

bla bla bla.. a typical of person who is unaware of Pakistani cricket.. keep going ..

This coming from someone who said the English ODI team didn't look good, and then in his next post in that thread, said he hasn't seen any English domestic cricket in a long time? :rolleyes:

Akhtar is well past his best. He keeps getting injured because he isn't fit enough in the first place, his attitude stinks, he's not anywhere near as quick as he was and to top it all off, he took performance enhancing drugs.

Brett Lee probably is the best fast bowler at the moment, but he doesnt exactly have much competition currently, does he?

I stand by my statement that he's just a fat useless old man nowadays. yes he was pretty decent back in the days before he found out about steds and cream cakes, but he's just going downhill now. Time to get a new idol Usy.

Oh and go ahead and abuse Rooney, I have absolutely no idea what relevance that has to anything, but please go ahead and abuse one of the country's finest young sportsmen if you so desire.

Well not 9 years, He bowled the quickest against england in 2003 WC ;). Then why was manee talking BOUT speed before? then why are guys saying he is old, if speed does not matter?

If shoaib played more test matches as being fit, Lee would be out done.

This coming from someone who said the English ODI team didn't look good, and then in his next post in that thread, said he hasn't seen any English domestic cricket in a long time? :rolleyes:

Akhtar is well past his best. He keeps getting injured because he isn't fit enough in the first place, his attitude stinks, he's not anywhere near as quick as he was and to top it all off, he took performance enhancing drugs.

Brett Lee probably is the best fast bowler at the moment, but he doesnt exactly have much competition currently, does he?

1 year/.

Last edited:
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, Shoaib would be an even larger specimen of a man.

The point is, you can't use hypothetical reasonings to compare players.

Manee was wondering whether this covered simply the fastest bowlers out there; 90+'s etc or whether bowlers who are also called fast bowlers 80+s counted as well, I think.

This isn't a competition for speed. Even if it were Australia as a single country have 2 maybe 3 bowlers that could bowl a quicker ball than Shoaib right now.

As I was watching the cricket yesterday (Australia vs India) Mark Taylor was commentating on the vast improvement on Brett Lee and how he has improved so much since the retirment of Glenn McGrath. This is roughly what he said. "Brett Lee is just bowling more wicket-taking deliveries. He might of dropped his pace a fraction but he is just putting more balls in the right areas". I agree with this. Because Brett Lee used to be that sort of bowler who would bowl like this, good ball, decent ball, good ball, short ball, short ball, short ball. He now pitches it up and encourages the batsmen the drive. That wicket of Jaffer was a beauty. Brett Lee is a changed bowler, people might not agree with me in saying he is the best in the world at the moment but he has improved heaps.

I say yes. He'd have competition from Bond if he was fit etc. though.

Users who are viewing this thread