Who are the world's best fast bowlers at the moment?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nannes can be inconsistent but the ones he get right are real jaffers.

vishwa

School Cricketer
Pace- Brett Lee/Dale Steyn/Fidel Edwards
Carry- Brett Lee
Bounce- Ishant Sharma
Variation- Zaheer Khan
Wicket-Taking- Zaheer Khan
Damage-to-Batsmen- Fidel Edwards/Mitchell Johnson
Consistency- Zaheer Khan
In-Consistency - Mitchell Johnson
Most-Injured- Nathan Bracken/Simon Jones (Seems like everyone's forgotten Simon)
Experience- Zaheer Khan
Most-Magical-Deliveries- Zaheer Khan

ksduded

Club Cricketer
I think when it comes to death bowling, Umar Gul has no competition. He proved that again and again through the two T20 WC and IPL first season. His bowls yorkers at will...

For Pace, definitely Bret Lee... he was zipping yesterday.

P

pcfan123

I think when it comes to death bowling, Umar Gul has no competition. He proved that again and again through the two T20 WC and IPL first season. His bowls yorkers at will...

For Pace, definitely Bret Lee... he was zipping yesterday.

For death bowling in 2020 maybe, but he is pretty average in all other forms

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Pace-Brett Lee
Carry-Mitchell Johnson
Bounce-Morne Morkel
Variation-Lasith Malinga
Wicket-Taking-Mitchell Johnson
Damage-to-Batsmen-WTF is this all about
Consistency-Dale Steyn
In-Consistency -James Anderson
Most-Injured-Shaun Tait
Experience-Brett Lee
Most-Magical-Deliveries-Dale Steyn

Howsie added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Who the frig's Keran Roach? ;)

Presume you mean Kemar Roach, if so, he has got some good wheels. Not sure he's the quickest in the world. He was #1 in the speed rankings in the CT last time I saw, but that was before Lee and Johnson bowled a ball. I'm pretty sure Lee is more consistently quick and bowls quicker single deliveries than Roach. Certainly looks quicker as well, as do Johnson, Tait, Steyn and maybe Fidel Edwards.

Roach would be quicker then Johnson on average I'd dare say. Brett Lee is quicker as is Tait (But until he starts playing again) But Steyn and Edwards not so much, Steyn didn't even touch 150 during this tournament (Did he even touch 145?)

The scary thing is he isn't even the quickest bowler in that squad (Roach that is).

P

pcfan123

Pace-Brett Lee
Carry-Flintoff, Mitchell Johnson
Bounce-Harmison on his day
Variation-Lasith Malinga, Rana
Wicket-Taking-Mitchell Johnson
Consistency-Dale Steyn, Flintoff
In-Consistency -Any Indian, Jerome Taylor
Most-Injured-All of them
Experience-Brett Lee
Most-Magical-Deliveries- M Asif

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
where are all the tall west indians? kemar roach, fidel and taylor all pack a bit of punch, and still on average you'd say they're producing more out and out quick bowlers than anyone else, but they're all just normal height. where's the guys that put the fear of god in batsmen just by running in?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Pace- Brett Lee
Carry- Fidel Edwards
Bounce- Fidel Edwards
Variation- Lasith Malinga
Movement- James Anderson
Wicket-Taking- Dale Steyn
Damage-to-Batsmen- Mitchell Johnson
Consistency- Dale Steyn
In-Consistency- Ishant Sharma/Jerome Taylor
Most-Injured- Shaun Tait
Experience- Brett Lee
Most-Magical-Deliveries- Malinga

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
where are all the tall west indians? kemar roach, fidel and taylor all pack a bit of punch, and still on average you'd say they're producing more out and out quick bowlers than anyone else, but they're all just normal height. where's the guys that put the fear of god in batsmen just by running in?

Playing for the A team. Nelon Pascal and Kevin McClean are both big guys and both of them bowl quickly.

vishwa

School Cricketer
In-Consistency -Any Indian, Jerome Taylor

Hey. Thats blatantly picking on the Indian bowlers. Why do you want the Indian users here to expose an England bowling attack which lacks pace, steam, swing, bounce and pretty much everything that makes you a force to reckon with? Please air your views responsibly and don't walk around creating fights.

We love our bowlers as much as you love yours. Lets try respecting each others' players here. Picking on people will take no one anywhere. Relax :)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Hey. Thats blatantly picking on the Indian bowlers. Why do you want the Indian users here to expose an England bowling attack which lacks pace, steam, swing, bounce and pretty much everything that makes you a force to reckon with? Please air your views responsibly and don't walk around creating fights.

We love our bowlers as much as you love yours. Relax :)

England doesn't lack many of those things. Anderson provides swing, Onions provides movement and Broad provides pace.

I don't know if any of their bowlers provide steam though.

P

pcfan123

We love our bowlers as much as you love yours. Lets try respecting each others' players here. Picking on people will take no one anywhere. Relax :)

Its called an opinion.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Who the frig's Keran Roach? ;)

Presume you mean Kemar Roach, if so, he has got some good wheels. Not sure he's the quickest in the world. He was #1 in the speed rankings in the CT last time I saw, but that was before Lee and Johnson bowled a ball. I'm pretty sure Lee is more consistently quick and bowls quicker single deliveries than Roach. Certainly looks quicker as well, as do Johnson, Tait, Steyn and maybe Fidel Edwards.

Haha my bad.

I just saw his spell against India and he was bowling quick as, over 150 consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread