Brett Lee Tribute Band

It's sad to see Brett Lee retiring from international cricket but at the same time, I'm happy for him. He has finished on a good note, it isn't like he was out of form but yes, the injuries were indeed troubling him but then again, he's in his 30's now so that's understandable. I've always been impressed by Brett Lee's attitude on the field and off it too, he has always played the game in the manner it should be played and has hardly ever been into any controversies. All in all, he has served his country to his fullest of potential :clap

wow, that's quite gutting news. he was quite a rarity, and it's all the more impressive when you think he belonged to this era. I think of only one or two players over the last 10 to 15 years that came out and did anything like him and I'm pretty sure many years will go by before we see another likeable australian.

Elevates him in my eyes to musical parity with the Wiggles

Controversial I know.

Lol at the thread title. Angryangy's doing? :spy

Anyway, one word to sum up Brett Lee? Australian.

That one would be 'lethal' for me. Both with pace and line and length, he was pretty lethal.

This seems to be a season of retirements. Kevin Pietersen (though there is news that he might come back), Rahul Dravid, Boucher (for unavoidable issues), Taibu and now Lee. I would have expected Ponting to go before Lee but its the other way around. To be very honest, Rahul (Dravid) and Brett (Lee) are the players for whom I'm more sad on their retirement than I'd be for Ricky Ponting or Sachin Tendulkar.

The speed demon, hero of the ausie's Heroic team.
We'll miss you.

Boucher & Tatenda then and Brett Lee Now.. WTF is going on? All KKR players decided to retire or what?

Anyways, I really like Brett Lee a lot, I supported him even when he was bowling against India, infact, he is my role model. One Australian who I respect the most, I seriously wanted to watch him do wonders for Aussies in W T20, especially against Gayle.. and oh wait, I went to few matches just to see him in action live. Probably the best bowling action the cricketing world has seen. He entertained the crowds very well with a Indian style namaskaar, no one does that:/.

Seriously disappointed, but as his fan, I'll have to respect his decision:).

A big loss not only for AUS but for world cricket as a whole, the last genuine pace master we may see for a while.

A truly great man right down to his retirement. He along with Ahktar really brought back fast bowling and it was a great sight early last decade. Cheers for the memories Brett.

I'm gonna miss him playing, such an awesome fast bowler.

Really sad, I thought he still had quite a lot to offer on the international stage. He was still bowling consistently in the mid 140s, and I remember him always saying he would retire when he could no longer bowl fast, but the injuries must have just been too much in the end. What makes it worse is I do agree with earlier posts this could be the last we see of true fast bowling. Akhtar, Bond and Lee (maybe Tait) were the last of them and they've all retired. At least we'll still get to see him play some T20 which is the one of the few positives of all these T20 leagues.

Without any doubt Brett Lee was better than Shoiab Akhtar and shaun tait.shoiab was only famous for his fast bowling.but lee used to bowl every type of deliveries,from bouncer to yorkers

Without any doubt Brett Lee was better than Shoiab Akhtar and shaun tait.shoiab was only famous for his fast bowling.but lee used to bowl every type of deliveries,from bouncer to yorkers

Lee was probably a slightly more consistent ODI bowler than Shoaib. But Shoaib was certainly a more destructive test bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread