Brian Lara Cricket 2007 Bugs

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
by the way, in the pc version can two players play a world cup?(offline ofcourse)

Part-Time Jaffa

School Cricketer
i havent even played the game yet (hasnt been released yet in australia!!) and with all the poor reviews ive read and this 4 page forum on bugs, it sounds like blic 2007 is a piece of crap.theres just no fun in cricket games and people have got to learn they are all a gee up.

ive been looking at this website for months now and fans have been pathetically waiting in hope for the brilliant/perfect cricket game.people have made new posts every day for months,about stupid crap like will the wicket-keeper be wearing a hat or what bats will be in the game? who cares?? as long as graphics are getting better,cricket games will get poorer.

people talk about how the new "revamped" feilding system is poor, well duh wat is fun about pressing a button on a metre that pops out of nowhere??? this would be my interpretation of revamped fielding......
"bowler runs in and batsman smashes a cover drive...you take control of the cover fielder,the computer doesnt,you do,and you sprint across the fielding circle and press a dive button that saves it from going for four...your fielder regains footing and you realise the pair are going for a single.. you hold down a throw button and a red-x target appears on the screen...you position the target at the stumps for a direct hit,with the better the fielder the less sensitive the movement of the target..release the throw button and the throw ends up where you want it too..

sounds simple ay?? but also fun and giving you more involvement in the total game of cricket. hitting a button on a metre just isnt fun for me and having the computer control my fielders every movement is boring and wrong for a game made in 2007.

i leave on this note...

i think back to the year 1997 and the latest cricket game i got which was cricket 97 ashes tour edition.that game was brilliant and was fun to play,i still play it to this day.i remember thinkin wat will cricket games be like in 10 years time,and we are now here with absolutely nothing to show.there has been no progression in 10 years,the cricketing game world has only gone backwards. the release of blic 2007 is yet another sad day in the cricketing game world.so much expectation and pages of dissapointment and the game isnt offically released yet in my country.

my advise to you when the next cricket game thats released.... have the worst possible expectations and dont get too shattered when you find out it wasnt everything you hoped for

stret

School Cricketer
in response to the guy who said about the lack of a leave 'button,' just dont press anything and your batsman will leave it!

not rocket science mate!

ulukai

Club Cricketer
TIMHERGER said:
this would be my interpretation of revamped fielding......
"bowler runs in and batsman smashes a cover drive...you take control of the cover fielder,the computer doesnt,you do,and you sprint across the fielding circle and press a dive button that saves it from going for four...your fielder regains footing and you realise the pair are going for a single.. you hold down a throw button and a red-x target appears on the screen...you position the target at the stumps for a direct hit,with the better the fielder the less sensitive the movement of the target..release the throw button and the throw ends up where you want it too..

you want all this to happen in slow-motion right? :) cos there's no way you're going to be able to do all that effectively at normal pace..

TIMHERGER said:
think back to the year 1997 and the latest cricket game i got which was cricket 97 ashes tour edition.that game was brilliant and was fun to play,i still play it to this day.i remember thinkin wat will cricket games be like in 10 years time,and we are now here with absolutely nothing to show.there has been no progression in 10 years,the cricketing game world has only gone backwards.

sorry mate - have to disagree abt this. there has definitely been progress over the years - the batting and bowling mechanics have improved considerably esp. in BLIC 05/07..TBH, I feel BLIC 07 is a *strong* patch away from being a great game (not perfect obviously) but if the AI and online issues were fixed, this would be a definite step forward...

ps. btw Cricket 97 just didnt do it for me, I found it too arcadey..BLIC 99 was way more realistic and fun..

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
stret said:
in response to the guy who said about the lack of a leave 'button,' just dont press anything and your batsman will leave it!

not rocket science mate!
COnfidence goes down mate....

biglads

School Cricketer
Played a nice straight drive and set off for a run, the ball went straight into the stumps at the non-strikers end with no touch from the bowler.

Result : a run-out.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
in the demo while i was batting as england. everytime i wanted to dance down the wicket and hit Symonds out of the ground i missed the ball(bad timing !) and the wicket keeper stumped me. the problem is that my batsman had all the time to get back , i frantically pressed the cancel run button but all i saw was the keeper collecting the ball slowly....as in.......................
S L O W L Y.............. and knock the bails off !!!

:mad

hollandcricket

Club Cricketer
It's more called a stupidity from the game itself than a real bug I guess:

Almost every wide (-ish) outswinging delivery is left by the keeper and is then stopped with a very showy dive by first slip. Anyone else noticed this?
(Note: now this might be realistic with first up deliveries from a certain S. Harmison to left handers, but as that's not the case...:p)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
hollandcricket said:
It's more called a stupidity from the game itself than a real bug I guess:

Almost every wide (-ish) outswinging delivery is left by the keeper and is then stopped with a very showy dive by first slip. Anyone else noticed this?
(Note: now this might be realistic with first up deliveries from a certain S. Harmison to left handers, but as that's not the case...:p)
Yeah it just seems to me as though the WK does not have enough animations. Also, this happens more on faster pitches than slower ones, so the reaction times for the keeper might be too slow.

Just a bit shoddy really.

mareen

Club Cricketer
4 out of 6 balls goes through players legs n i have mentioned it 1000 times, but still pisses me off to the core !!!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Man! Joined Jan 2005 and only 12 Posts! Ummm yeah anyway your statement above is true:D

lewisnadasurf

School Cricketer
biglads said:
Played a nice straight drive and set off for a run, the ball went straight into the stumps at the non-strikers end with no touch from the bowler.

Result : a run-out.

i had the same thing happen, but luckily against me. i think this game is a let down. i'd quite happily play it for one week to check the bugs for a few quid anyone else ;)?

Also, i played ireland in a test match, and 6 of their wickets were run outs :noway i throw the ball back and then they decide to take a 2nd/3rd run.

ITS SO DUMB!

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Has anyone realised how bad the catching animations are? Since when did a WK go down on one knee and one handedly try to catch, or the fielder try to take every catch on handed, and a sky shot - jump up to the sky shot with one hand to catch it (literally jumping), as if he's tipping a football shot over the bar?!?!

Ridiculous - and these sort of things can't be sorted out in a patch. It's core animation engines.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Is it me or the computer cheats on me.
with me Even if i am going at 5 an over the computer put 3 men on the leg side.
I wish the computer left the field in for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread