Bucknor mimics Dravid on field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by squiz@Jan 24 2004, 02:45 PM
They can't take a joke. Jeez
I don't think they are watching some comedy show there to 'take' a joke. if bucknor wants to entertain people with mimics he should be on stage not on cricket field.

All the umpires have fun on the field with the players though, so your saying that all the umpires shouldn't be umpiring any more?

hmmmm

B) any one can have fun on the field ,but one should not make fun of others.

how about shane warne comes tobowl and bucknor removes a mobile from his pocket and reads a sms "i am sleeping beside my wife"
or tells warne i trying to loose weight ,so my mom gave some medicines. :lol:

That's a totally different situation though, Warney was banned for 12 months, while Dravid was only fined 50% of his match fee

Originally posted by sohaibaslam@Jan 24 2004, 08:20 PM
For me Steve Bucknor is the Best Umpire! :thumbs:
yeah you will need him when India visits Pak :lol:

Originally posted by Shailesh+Jan 24 2004, 06:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shailesh @ Jan 24 2004, 06:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sohaibaslam
@Jan 24 2004, 08:20 PM
For me Steve Bucknor is the Best Umpire! :thumbs:
yeah you will need him when India visits Pak :lol: [/b]
Yea, I wonder what Indian players will think if ICC appoints him for the series. :tease: :D :lol: B) ^_^ :P

Bucknor is a bit of a mimic...

He imitated Sehwag during the 2002 Champions Trophy when Sehwag played an on-drive to the square umpire (which brings up the question, what was he doing there when he should be on the other side??) side and made Bucknor move because the shot was heading straight for him. He moved by playing Sehwag's shot using the footwork to move out of the way :lol: :lol:

My opinion about white nations(Im not racist) in cricket is that they always get away with anything they do. All u aussies should just shut your moth. I can give u a number of incidents where ENglish and Aussie cricketers get away with the way they behave. But the moment an asian does something, he reported immediately. But when an asian reports someone(murali in the 2nd test Eng in SL 2003), hes a cry baby and a kid in the playground. Another example of white crickters getting away is suspect action fro Shoaib and Lee. Shoaib was reported within just a couple of months. it took the ICC more than 6 months to report lee. why is that? Now that will never change. So until it ever changes, which it never will, dont call the indians a bunch of cry babies.

I agree with in Jerome,
the ICC must track down biased umpires in INTERNATIONAL matches. Remember, these aren't domestic matches, these are international matches and of the highest class in the world. The ICC Elite Panel is there to set examples for those umpires who aren't a part of it. The ICC had already cracked down on umpires with home pride by deliberately making umpires umpire games not related to their home countries (Billy Bowden is umpiring the India v Australia tour and not New Zealand, Venkatraghavan is in South Africa umpiring there and not India, and so on). The ICC needs to take more steps such as these to prevent Bucknor (and even David Sheppard at times) from making such harsh calls...after all, Eshan Mani is the President.....

i am sorry to say sumo what r u implying by your last line..

moreover bucknor had a good defence, he said he always hold the ball and that is absouelty correct..i have seen many matches with bucky and hwnever somebody is out he holds the seam and stuff...indians were on fence being dellusional

but i still agree icc r way too strict on the sub con teams....

example akthar says tow wrods and get banned, while mr.nel sledges in frotn of the umpire and swears at Hameed and doesnt get banned

in the world cup macca was sledging at kaif, what did he get jsut a warning from the ump!!! and he continued to do it and the ump jsut gave him warning after another...

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 24 2004, 08:04 PM
but i still agree icc r way too strict on the sub con teams....
I dont think that they are being too strict on subcontinental teams. I think its just that they are not being one bit strict on the other teams such as england and australia. I dont mind being strict, but they need to be equally strict on all the international players. how can we forget the sledging between Sarwan and McGrath? Did the icc go blind or something? I dont care if they apologized later. Millions of ppl would have certainly heard it through the microphones in the stumps.

Originally posted by squiz@Jan 24 2004, 06:06 PM
That's a totally different situation though, Warney was banned for 12 months, while Dravid was only fined 50% of his match fee
SO? what is your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread