Bug Reporting Thread - PS4/Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
If you experience an issue with Ashes Cricket, please use the following format to report it:

Platform: PS4/Xbox One
Game Version: Go to Settings > Credits in game and note the version number string in the bottom right. Please check this on your own copy, don't simply copy from others.
Game Mode: Casual/Training/Online/Career/Tour/Competition/Academy etc.
Match Type: if applicable - Five5/T20/ODI - etc..
Teams used: (if applicable - please note which teams were in the game you were playing, and whether they were downloaded)
Ground: (if applicable - please mention the stadium the match was in)
Over Count: (if applicable - the point in the match where the error occurred)
Issue (one line description): ....
Bug description (detail): .....

----

The more detail you provide the better - the more detail the easier it is to try and reproduce in order to fix.

Please only post bugs if you have personally experienced them, do not post things you have seen in videos from other users.

Only bug reports may be posted in this thread - if you wish to comment on a bug or a bug report, post in the bug report discussion thread. Other posts will be deleted.

For online bugs, if known please additionally mention which location you and your opponent are in, and the type of internet connection you are using.

On PS4 if you experience a crash, please ensure you select the option to send error report. These are very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Hey everyone!

After playing the game, I felt there was a huge improvement and an upgrade from the previous titles by Bigant. The game is made very well, and deserves appreciation all around.

Although having a lot of positives, as usual like all games in the world, some bugs were identified in the online mode. Note, this is not to bring the game down, but to make it even better than it already is. I know the game is officially not released, but this is still a good way to get things fixed ASAP. So, after discussing with my friends(Online matchup group) We’ve made a list for improvement purposes. And please note, we are experienced active members of DBC 14/17 since 2014 and won’t speak any nonsense neither try to bring the game down. We were the one who got a lot of stuff fixed for DBC 14 and 17 as well (Online mode).

I made this list, I will add more stuff if I find.

• When batsman cancels a run after taking the first one, he gets stuck in the crease when in middle of pitch instead of running back
  • When you play and miss a shot(Against a pacer) with the stance slightly outside the crease, you cant sometimes get back(You get stuck in the crease) when ball beats you which results keeper throwing the ball at stumps for a stumping
  • SelfCreated players are still shown as ”Censored”
  • Batsman running in clircle automatically when missing the ball. Sometimes the nonstriker does this as well.
  • Front foot hook shot is missing against bouncers - need the same back from DBC 17. (Online)
  • Keeper sometimes doesnt react when ball is too fast, which gives 4 byes to the batsman (Online)
  • Waist height no balls are given as free hit irl, should be changed on AC as well and should be a free hit.
  • Sometimes fielder doesnt react to a catch and lets it fall save in front of him. Happens even on edges as well as normal balls that are catchable.(online)
I will give this game a rating of 9.5/10. The 0.5 is only the stuff I mentioned or will mention in this thread. I would personally recommend everyone to buy this, totally worth the money!! Easily is the best cricket game ever made from my and my group’s experience. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully mods can delete posts that are so far away from the thread title otherwise this will go south very, very fast.

One issue I can address is the Censored one, it's the same for all PlayStation games - UGC will not be available unless all connected controllers are logged in (this can be to a free PSN account, but it must be an account).

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Game Mode: Online
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licenced)
Ground: Any
Over Count: Any
Issue: The bug runout (Major issue)
Bug description: This is the runout bug i mentioned above. It’s very annoying and happens everytime the batsman cancels a run in middle of pitch. 3-4 such dismissals per match, making it unplayable at some points. uploaded video on youtube to make this easier to understand when it happens. PS. This is my own footage I have uploaded

@BigAntStudios

Last edited:

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Game Mode: Online
Issue: Slowmotion fielding- Fieldsment too slow to react on some occasions
Bug description:
When batsman gets hit on the body, the bowler/fielders are too slow to pick the ball up and throw it which results the batsman to take nonrealistic singles. Also, when keeper dives to take a ball, the batsman very easily takes a bye because the same issue happens to the keeper, he takes too long to get up and throw the ball at stumps. (I think this only exists in online)

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Platform
: Xbox One
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0354
Game Mode: Training >> Toutorial
Match Type: Batting/Bowling/Fielding Tutorial
Teams used:
Player: G Maxwell, Ground: Sydney
Ground: Sydney
Over Count: NA
Issue (one line description): Camera not according to SETTINGS CAMERA set
Bug description (detail): I make camera setting as pro for batting and far bowling for bowling and bradcast1 for fielding from tutorial settings, but the camera actually in tutorial is very top view and not playable as sometime it stuck at fielder or bowler. PFB snap1 for same.

Platform: Xbox One
Game Mode: ASHES tour
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Mine ENGLAND and AI Australia (PLAY as star player/custom player)
Ground:
Gabba
Issue (one line description): Able to change match settings while resuming the saved game
Bug description (detail): while resuming ashes tour at AUS when i resume the game, game allowed me to edit all match settings even i able to change the squad where as half of game already played. PFB snap2 for same

Game Mode: ASHES
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Aus vs ENG
Ground:
SCG
Issue (one line description): Batsman passes through a body of umpire
Bug description (detail):physical object not recognized by runner and he crosses the umpire body. PFB snap3 for same

Game Mode: Batting tutorial
Match Type: Tutorial
Teams used: Player: G Maxwell, Ground: Sydney
Ground:
SCG
Issue (one line description): Game not recognize "aggressive ground shots"
Bug description (detail):Played several time aggressive ground shot by pressing Lt & Rt but system still showing 0/3 played where in actaul agressive ground shot payed and crealy noticed while watching shot

Attachments

• snap1a.JPG
    snap1a.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 53
  • sanp1b.JPG
    sanp1b.JPG
    434.6 KB · Views: 50
  • snap1c.JPG
    snap1c.JPG
    395.6 KB · Views: 44
  • snap2b.JPG
    snap2b.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 49
  • snap2a.JPG
    snap2a.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 47
  • snap3a.JPG
    snap3a.JPG
    464.6 KB · Views: 49
  • snap3b.JPG
    snap3b.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 48
  • snap3c.JPG
    snap3c.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Game Mode: TOUR >> 3 match T20 series
Match Type: T20
Teams used:
Mine (ENG), AI (AUS)
Ground: Blundstone Arena
Issue (one line description): AI run out bug as both reached to one end
Bug description (detail): AI was batting and it happened twice in same innings that AI batsmen both reached to same end (difficulty legend/hardest) and i able to simple make them run out. PFA snap1 for same

Game Mode: TOUR >> 3 match T20 series
Teams used:
Mine (ENG), AI (AUS)
Ground: Blundstone Arena
Issue (one line description): Stadium score-board showing different figures
Bug description (detail): AI was all out in 16 overs and I started batting and stadium scorecard showing remaining run-rate 22 with remaining overs as 4. PFB snap2 for same.

Attachments

• snap2.JPG
    snap2.JPG
    606.6 KB · Views: 49
  • snap2aa.JPG
    snap2aa.JPG
    655.3 KB · Views: 45
  • snap1.JPG
    snap1.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 43
  • snap1aa.JPG
    snap1aa.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 43

chaman82

County Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Game Mode: casual
Game version : 1.03 latest with day 1 patch
Match Type: any
Issue:
batsman airial marker
Bug description: unable to turn of batsman airial marker in casual and training mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
PS4
Game Mode: Career Mode
Match Type:
any
Teams used: Pakistan (unLicensed)

Issue: Career mode AI players not improving
Bug description: The ai players from my team haven't gain a single attributes now in to my 2nd season where as my career player moves from 40 to 47 overall skills. This is worse than DBC17 where ai players improved at a snail pace and your players improved leaps and bound

Also into my 2nd season the dynamic lineups have stopped working ( teams uses 14/15 players in the first season) now it's keep selecting same xi in 2nd season except one team which used 12 players

AliKhan215

Club Captain
PS4
Game Mode:
Match Type: any
Ground: any
Over Count: any
Issue: Cutters spinning crazily
Bug description: Cutters spinning too much on fast bowler, he can turn it like a spinner. Must be nerfed a little bit to make it realistic.

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
PS4
Game Mode:
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licensed)

Issue: Short pitch deliveries not being able to cut/pull/hook on front foot (major impact on online legend mode)

Description: The bouncers/short pitch deliveries are not playable on front foot (when cutting/pulling, late cut or playing hook). And u are not capable of connecting even one (on front foot). This makes it hard for the people who love to watch and play in legend mode. As in legend mode, we don’t get much time to think to change the footwork, we have been forced to premeditate all the time while playing pacers.. especially in online mode it plays a major role and creates much impact.. ie., we have to do gambling all the time.. premeditation is okay, but the sad thing is, when you are expecting a bouncer and playing in back foot, if the bowler suddenly bowls a Yorker, the wicket will be gone as FULL LENGTH DELIVERIES / YORKERS are not connecting on back foot.. in dbc14 we had the option to play bouncers in front foot, and playing almost any shots in back foot.. even in dbc17 we were able to play certain bouncers on front foot... but in Ashes, its like completely not connecting..

That’s why, to have the balance in batting in online legend mode especially, back as past two titles(DBC14/17), can we have that back where we can play the bouncer shots as cut/lofted cut/pull/lofted pull/hook/lofted hook/late cut/lofted late cut etc on front foot? Either the option of playing bouncers in front foot (and/or) playing yorkers/full length deliveries on back foot like dbc14 would be great.. It would be a big game changer for us those who love to watch and play in legend mode..

This is the major request in terms of gameplay from our community of 100+ super active online players who does play the game daily (group link).. @BigAntStudios

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Game Mode: Any
Teams used:
Mine (ENG), AI (AUS)
Issue (one line description): Game flicker everytime while viewing the field
Bug description (detail): Game flikers everytime while viewing the AI fielding using classic controls i.e via RB button. Pfa video for same

Attachments

• IMG_8402.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 7

AliKhan215

Club Captain
PS4
Game Mode:

Issue: Lose presets when game gets disconnected.

Description: Just like DBC 17, the presets you have created in field editor disappear whenever there’s a disconnection in the online game. This is very annoying and you have to set every fielder manually.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
PS4
Game Mode:
Casual
Over Count: 12.2
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0349
Issue: Both the batsmen at the same end.

Description: While taking a single off Rashid both the batsmen ended up at the same end. Nothing happened after that.
30.38 in the video below

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread