Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

It's worth noting that Steam have a backup option - which means that if you know someone or could go somewhere with a good internet connection, you could sign into your Steam account having bought the game, log in somewhere with a good connection, download it and backup to a disc or removable drive; return and have it installed on your PC that way.

If we're lucky, you might also have the pre-load option, which lets you download it in advance of the release date, which will mean even if it takes a long time, you'd still have it on time.

I certainly think a DVD release would be good - but there's a few other options out there for those with slow personal connections.

I would have bought it even @ INR 10,000 (Only because I can afford it)...I have already recommended this DBC14 to many of my friends and made them Pre Order it from FLIP-KART...
@ ROSS, I am sure you will be surprised (In a good way) by the sales figure from India...Times are changing and people who can afford to pursue their passion, don't feel a pinch to spend on it..

I agree with most of the members that if you cannot afford it don't cry for it, save money and buy it ASAP...:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

And i can't download gigs of data from steam so wishing a retail dvd release for pc.
Well yes, that's another issue.
Let's hope we get an offline release for PC.

Sorry, I can't give a date yet. I have an idea but would get slandered for sharing it if it is not hit.

No worries Ross, I understand. It's just that this is gonna be my first ever pre-order so I'm kind of very excited and looking forward to it.

It's worth noting that Steam have a backup option - which means that if you know someone or could go somewhere with a good internet connection, you could sign into your Steam account having bought the game, log in somewhere with a good connection, download it and backup to a disc or removable drive; return and have it installed on your PC that way.

If we're lucky, you might also have the pre-load option, which lets you download it in advance of the release date, which will mean even if it takes a long time, you'd still have it on time.

I certainly think a DVD release would be good - but there's a few other options out there for those with slow personal connections.

If pre load options start a month before, I see your point valid. I mean my download speed is 80Kbps for the first 2GBs in a month and around 50Kbps for the rest.
I would have to keep my computer running for like 50-60 hours straight and that isn't convenient if I had to pay the same amount as a retail price while I would be indirectly paying more for my electricity bills and internet usage etc.

Well not that those bug me but considering its already going to be priced high and delayed by two months, I don't want the burden of being asked to download a huge amount. Its simply tedious. I would even pay 3K at retail than pay 1K and be asked to download 10Gigabytes!

I've gone with Flipkart. I hope they deliver the game within a day or two after release.

Off-Topic : I am not really sure whether it's already present but if it isn't, there should be a Thread dedicated to collect all the PSN ID's so that we can get going with Multiplayer as soon as we get hold of the game.

If pre load options start a month before, I see your point valid. I mean my download speed is 80Kbps for the first 2GBs in a month and around 50Kbps for the rest.
I would have to keep my computer running for like 50-60 hours straight and that isn't convenient if I had to pay the same amount as a retail price while I would be indirectly paying more for my electricity bills and internet usage etc.

Well not that those bug me but considering its already going to be priced high and delayed by two months, I don't want the burden of being asked to download a huge amount. Its simply tedious. I would even pay 3K at retail than pay 1K and be asked to download 10Gigabytes!

How do you play online games in that case?

Ordered it from flipkart sometime back. Seems the safest bet for me. Am guessing that they already having the stock with them.

For steam download, you could possibly check on Internet plans that gives unlimited download in night time. Not sure whether its present now, but I have 999/month in airtel that gives me 9PM to 9AM unlimited on 1Mbps in weekday & 2Mbps in weekend. Not sure it exists now, but it's 5 years now that I am on this same plan without change @ my home in India(Chennai).

How do you play online games in that case?

Since you are now in US, you must have definitely figured out the difference between hi-fi Internet with 24hours wifi-3G-4G in US & the Internet available in India.

Personally for me, it's just so comfortable for me to spend 50$/month for hi-fi connection in US but its not possible for me to spend 2000-3000Rs in India for the same sort of connection. It's just too much for me in the latter case.

Economy comparison isn't a straight dollar conversion to earn $ and spend $ for getting same comfort zone. Developing places like India, lot of us can spend average unless you are too rich.

Users who are viewing this thread