Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

WHAT bigant what is THIS!!!!! Even fifa 14 for the ps4 is less than your game . TOO BAD:mad:facepalm

If you don't understand the economics around it it is pointless discussing it. There is no point comparing it to Fifa.

The argument that keeps coming up that a high price is helping piracy is plain wrong on a number of counts; people will try to pirate the game whatever the price, and just because something costs more money than I have does not mean I have the right to steal it. It is wrong. It is immoral and wrong and in normal everyday life rightly seen as criminal. If you cant afford it you cant have it. A hard but true fact of life.

Oh dear! It's gonna take me quite some time for me to convince my parents to get this one. :/ Hopefully the PC version would be a bit cheaper. I'll surely buy it though. Need to start saving now :p

Oh dear! It's gonna take me quite some time for me to convince my parents to get this one. :/ Hopefully the PC version would be a bit cheaper. I'll surely buy it though. Need to start saving now :p

Yeah I am sure the pc version will be a lot cheaper but probably still more expensive than the average pc game over there.

The more people are willing to put in a bit of work to get this game in the right way, the more chance they will have of seeing this game be developed further.

Anyone wanting to have cricket games in the future needs to say to themselves; whatever happens this is the one game I will be paying for......

On the one hand I have it easier: I am 27 have my own company and have the money to buy the game. However I didn't just get that handed to me. I also have had to work very hard and still do to be in the position I am in. I have done the paper rounds, working in the chip shop, in bars, hotels and whatever to scrape enough money to get by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I am sure the pc version will be a lot cheaper but probably still more expensive than the average pc game over there.

The more people are willing to put in a bit of work to get this game in the right way, the more chance they will have of seeing this game be developed further.

Anyone wanting to have cricket games in the future needs to say to themselves; whatever happens this is the one game I will be paying for......

You're right. We'd rather pay more for a cricket game, than not having a cricket game at all.

You're right. We'd rather pay more for a cricket game, than not having a cricket game at all.

Ross has already stated that they will review subsequent releases of the game in certain territories if the game is so widely pirated it it doesn't make sense to release there.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that pirating is only an issue in India but if the amount of games being sold doesn't match the costs of getting it there then the sums are easy to do and conclusions easily reached.

WHAT bigant what is THIS!!!!! Even fifa 14 for the ps4 is less than your game . TOO BAD:mad:facepalm

Bigant have fixed a price that is profitable to them, cricket games is a niche market selling well in a select few countries unlike FIFA which has a global coverage.So they have fixed a price that would cover their costs.The game is so well made, a few extra bucks so that we can keep getting more quality cricket game from them in future, its definitely worth it.Think of the extra cost compared to fifa as an investment to keep getting cricket games in future, its a small studio not giant EA/codie that has finally satisfied our quest for a good cricket game, its our turn to support them if you want more.

Ross has already stated that they will review subsequent releases of the game in certain territories if the game is so widely pirated it it doesn't make sense to release there.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that pirating is only an issue in India but if the amount of games being sold doesn't match the costs of getting it there then the sums are easy to do and conclusions easily reached.

Fingers crossed that the PC version does release in India. Piracy is too damn rampant over here, you would find people selling pirated games outside all malls, railway stations blah blah.

Fingers crossed that the PC version does release in India. Piracy is too damn rampant over here, you would find people selling pirated games outside all malls, railway stations blah blah.

Ya half the people dont even know they are not buying from legit stores.

The only legit Stores seem to be in malls here in chennai or landmark.

Posts like these really get my blood hot red, it's the first cricket game in 3.5 years and it looks amazing. If I did not have money I would sell a kidney for this game.:eek:

We have to begin by ourselves; I can pirate anything I want. I have an internet access, I know how torrents work.....but I don't. I have nothing on my computer that is not shareware, freeware or paid for. Nothing. I like that. I feel good about that. As a business owner I want people to pay for the products I manufacture.

The fact of the matter is this kind of pricing is new to India.

Almost all games were heavily discounted here.

TruBlu have taken a different view on this and only time will tell whether they are rite.

We have to begin by ourselves; I can pirate anything I want. I have an internet access, I know how torrents work.....but I don't. I have nothing on my computer that is not shareware, freeware or paid for. Nothing. I like that. I feel good about that. As a business owner I want people to pay for the products I manufacture.
Since piracy is illegal, why don't these torrent sites get blocked ?

----------

Posts like these really get my blood hot red, it's the first cricket game in 3.5 years and it looks amazing. If I did not have money I would sell a kidney for this game.
Sell your kidney for a game ?
Are you serious ??

Since piracy is illegal, why don't these torrent sites get blocked ?
The guys running the torrent site itself is not doing anything wrong legally(but certainly not morally), its the uploaders and people that torrent who are committing crime.
Its also a bit murky as they often have their servers or domains in various jurisdictions were the law is not mature to handle this stuff.
Sell your kidney for a game ?
Are you serious ??
No he was not, its just a running joke here:yes, as some people requested keyboard support as they could not afford controller but could afford the game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread