Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

i have a 9.3 mbps connection costs me 1250 pkr/month(770 inr/12$)
guess india is too expensive but still downloading whole of game would b tough notch !!!
any asian(indian)store that exports internationaly?

Last edited:
Im not really sure how ping works but its just the download speeds that come on chrome when I download.
I don't have any problems playing online games. BF3 or Mass Effect didn't have any lag.

I'm sure your download and upload speeds will be higher than what you posted. Try speedtest.net to find the actual speed and pingtest.net for latency.

Im not really sure how ping works but its just the download speeds that come on chrome when I download.
I don't have any problems playing online games. BF3 or Mass Effect didn't have any lag.

The download speeds you mentioned suggests you have a 512kbps connection. That's good enough for online gaming. Any lag you would get would be due to the pings that you are getting.

During my initial gaming days with ps3 I had a 256kbps connection and never faced any problems in online gaming.

I'm sure your download and upload speeds will be higher than what you posted. Try speedtest.net to find the actual speed and pingtest.net for latency.

Doesn't matter what my speedtest.net result shows I guess. 100mb takes around 40 mins on average.
The download speeds you mentioned suggests you have a 512kbps connection. That's good enough for online gaming. Any lag you would get would be due to the pings that you are getting.

During my initial gaming days with ps3 I had a 256kbps connection and never faced any problems in online gaming.

I have 1mbps until the 2GB limit and 512Kbps afterwards. The infamous SimCity played well too. No lag. But it updates every 2 days and it takes nearly 45 mins for me before I could play :/

I have a question about pre-ordering online.
I have ordered my copy at Flipkart couple of days back. Just wondering, if flipkart or any online store has the game in stock before release date then can they ship it before the official release date for the pre-orders or they will have to wait for the game to officially release before shipping?
Just curious!!

I have ordered my copy at Flipkart couple of days back. Just wondering, if flipkart or any online store has the game in stock before release date then can they ship it before the official release date for the pre-orders or they will have to wait for the game to officially release before shipping?
Just curious!!

In India mostly on the release date you receive but in some parts of the world you may get it a day earlier as well...

Just curious!!

Normally pre-orders work like this in India:

Game is received by the retailer 'on' the day of the release and then it is dispatched through courier within hours (ie the time it takes to pack the discs and send them across to the courier guys). So after that, when you receive the game would depend on how far your city is from the city of the retailer. Normally it's never in day1. Sometimes, since most games release near to the weekend), you receive the game after the weekend. This is the reason why pre-orders in India are screwed up as most of the time it is quicker to buy the discs from the local show instead of waiting for the pre-ordered disc.

However, with DBC14, things are a little different as the retailer selling on it is the distributor itself (Sunder Electronics). So they much dispatch the game a day in advance so that people can receive it on Day1. Let's wait and watch though.

Normally pre-orders work like this in India:

Game is received by the retailer 'on' the day of the release and then it is dispatched through courier within hours (ie the time it takes to pack the discs and send them across to the courier guys). So after that, when you receive the game would depend on how far your city is from the city of the retailer. Normally it's never in day1. Sometimes, since most games release near to the weekend), you receive the game after the weekend. This is the reason why pre-orders in India are screwed up as most of the time it is quicker to buy the discs from the local show instead of waiting for the pre-ordered disc.

However, with DBC14, things are a little different as the retailer selling on it is the distributor itself (Sunder Electronics). So they much dispatch the game a day in advance so that people can receive it on Day1. Let's wait and watch though.

Thanks for clearing that...In some places they receive before the release date ..How does that happen??

Thanks for clearing that...In some places they receive before the release date ..How does that happen??

Doesn't happen in India, normally the copies available in india before day 1 are imported ones. In India, the distributors send out the game only on the release date. Maybe Sam from IVG can provide more insight on this.

You wouldn't but the guy at the other end with a decent connection would :p

Most of the times the bottleneck is not the download speed but the upload one as you need to send the data to server or your opponent and if there's not enough bandwidth you will encounter lag. Ideally you should have around 2MBps for download and .5 MBps for upload for lag free gaming provided there's no latency added within your network due to multiple routers, double nats etc.

For the next gen Sony recently came up with internet speed requirements for using PS Now service, and you will need a minimum of 5 MBps download speed for optimal experience.

You wouldn't but the guy at the other end with a decent connection would :p

Most of the times the bottleneck is not the download speed but the upload one as you need to send the data to server or your opponent and if there's not enough bandwidth you will encounter lag. Ideally you should have around 2MBps for download and .5 MBps for upload for lag free gaming provided there's no latency added within your network due to multiple routers, double nats etc.

For the next gen Sony recently came up with internet speed requirements for using PS Now service, and you will need a minimum of 5 MBps download speed for optimal experience.

Don't even think of that in India....Not possible at all...:p

Don't even think of that in India....Not possible at all...:p

Not only India... most of the folks, other than from a few countries, will struggle with those requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread