Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Previous experience of Tru Blu operating in the UK, with the release of Sidhe's Rugby Challenge I & II, tells us that we cannot wait for them to get their act together as the likeleyhood is we will not see the game in the British Isles. (Rugby Challenge not seen in Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury/Morrisons etc - and only occasionally in Game etc.)

Pity, given that we offer probably the second largest market for this game,

So my initial assertion has proven correct regarding the distribution of the game in the UK. Another epic fail from Tru Blu.

Unless you were aware of the game and went looking for it from online retailers, the exposure to shoppers in the high street and supermarket has been nil. I would imagine that this website and word of mouth accounts for probably 90% of UK sales. Tru Blu's contribution has, unfortunately for Big Ant, been woeful.

It would be interesting to hear what Tru Blu think of the success of their effort in the UK? Hopefully they won't get the opportunity to distribute DBC 15 etc, as the game deserves a wider audience than they can reach.

Anybody who owns one of the 5 copies of Rugby Challenge 1&2 know just how shitty TruBlu are in this country for distributing games, all it does is drive the price up due to rarity of the product, hurting the consumer which contributes in hurting the developer due to lack of products and of course the lack of sales due to limited supply at £44.99-£49.99, which for a new IP, especially a sports game is quite absurd. If I knew fearsome tweak all about this, no way i'd pay £50 for it.

Anybody who owns one of the 5 copies of Rugby Challenge 1&2 know just how shitty TruBlu are in this country for distributing games, all it does is drive the price up due to rarity of the product, hurting the consumer which contributes in hurting the developer due to lack of products and of course the lack of sales due to limited supply at £44.99-£49.99, which for a new IP, especially a sports game is quite absurd. If I knew fearsome tweak all about this, no way i'd pay £50 for it.
Agreed. I was initially very cautious about paying £30+ for DBC in the lead up to release. It was only the nets beta that convinced me it would be worth the purchase... After so many years of truly shitty or failed cricket games and aborted projects, I wouldn't blame anyone for giving this a miss at the price.

I paid £35 for Ashes 09 on release for 360 and very much regretted it as it was hyped up but ended up being a shite game and didn't want to be burned like that again.

Unless you're active on these forums or have the game recommended via word of mouth from someone who is, then it's unlikely you will have even heard about or seen this game, let alone gone ahead with an impulse buy.

I take it you've played it on wii then? :D
From what Chief has said previously the Wii version had a slightly different demographic; one that the console and PC markets have failed to tap.

I take it you've played it on wii then? :D
From what Chief has said previously the Wii version had a slightly different demographic; one that the console and PC markets have failed to tap.

True story - I bought it on Wii, played it for 10 minutes and never bought or played another game until late 2012 when I bought an Xbox. It was that shit it put me off gaming entirely.

The sales may have been good but I doubt it was actually played all that much[DOUBLEPOST=1407318441][/DOUBLEPOST]actually not strictly true - i did buy and play Football Manager and Civilisation on PC in the interim.

Agreed. I think Wii Fit was the last hurrah in terms of cashing in... millions of those things were sold.

That's what happens when you include the best Wii game as a free pack-in.

Users who are viewing this thread