Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

well, I only put my order with Game in on tuesday and I got the "your game is on its way" email yesterday, should turn up tomorrow I think, won't be able to play it until saturday though and even that will be just a quick shot as it's the girlfriends birthday.

Very jealous of anybody who gets the game today :( ... well not only today but Friday, Saturday or early Sunday! Its going to be Sunday evening before I get to play and that depends on my mood after the City v Liverpool game!

since there's a patch coming I'm not that bothered really, I might just have a few quick goes until then. people have said the bugs aren't game breaking but they sound game breaking to me. in a game you're supposed to struggle intently for an hour to make 20 runs getting run out by some heat seeking direct hit is nonsense.

Just to clarify, I am a Amazon Prime member and have been given the run around today. I FINALALY got to speak to a manager 10 minutes ago and despite 4 different staff telling me today, I would get the game tomorrow, he confirmed to me that Amazon didn't get the stock in time to fulfil pre-orders. They missed the cut-off date and WILL NOT be shipping ANY copies of the game until tomorrow at the earliest.
He did extend my Prime by a month for free, but the bad news is that anyone who has ordered from Amazon WILL NOT be getting the game Friday. I cancelled my order and reserved a copy at my local Grainger Games.

since there's a patch coming I'm not that bothered really, I might just have a few quick goes until then. people have said the bugs aren't game breaking but they sound game breaking to me. in a game you're supposed to struggle intently for an hour to make 20 runs getting run out by some heat seeking direct hit is nonsense.

I do agree with you in a way, I wont be starting my career until the patch is released but it will be good to play to get used to the controls and the way the game works.

I don't plan on starting a career until I am confident and comfortable playing on Veteran difficulty, even if it means hours in the nets I don't mind.

----------

Just to clarify, I am a Amazon Prime member and have been given the run around today. I FINALALY got to speak to a manager 10 minutes ago and despite 4 different staff telling me today, I would get the game tomorrow, he confirmed to me that Amazon didn't get the stock in time to fulfil pre-orders. They missed the cut-off date and WILL NOT be shipping ANY copies of the game until tomorrow at the earliest.
He did extend my Prime by a month for free, but the bad news is that anyone who has ordered from Amazon WILL NOT be getting the game Friday. I cancelled my order and reserved a copy at my local Grainger Games.

That is a huge error on there part really! How can they make such a big mistake?

That's them not selling a copy of DBC 14 for a while anyway

On the Brightside, a free month for you is good :)

And they don't think to even tell customers this... great...

Hasn't sent me the transcript of the enquiry yet but here is my cancellation on the back of what he said:

Today at 1:19 PM

Dear Mrs Lucy J Brown/ Mr Jason Brown,

Your order has been successfully cancelled. For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

You just cancelled order #204-6466168-1453135 placed on 6 April 2014.

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

I'm not an Amazon prime customer so hoping I'm not affected but I'll get in touch with them this afternoon.

Does anyone know if Argos will have copies available to reserve online tomorrow as I don't really want to be driving around every game store in town looking for the limited copies they have. Amazon have really annoyed me.

I'm not an Amazon prime customer so hoping I'm not affected but I'll get in touch with them this afternoon.

From the fact that phineas is a prime member as well I assume you won't be unfortunately :(.

Online exclusive from Argos. Can't be bought in store. Grainger Games seem to be the retailer with the most copies.

Online exclusive from Argos. Can't be bought in store. Grainger Games seem to be the retailer with the most copies.

Well that's even more annoying seeming as they have no stores down here south :mad. The game looks good but not quite worth a drive to Derby.

Last edited:
If it is the case then I'll probably cancel and go into town to get it.

Cancelled my amazon order, now ordered on shopto. Let's see if it gets delivered tmrw!

Well that's even more annoying seeming as they have no stores down here south :mad. The game looks good but not quite worth a drive to Derby.

I'm lucky I have to pass one on way to work. I think Amazon's handling of this situation is beyond a joke.

Maybe Ross can confirm, did they have stock or are they bull-shitting?

Users who are viewing this thread