C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

Bowling Speeds

Has anyone had a crack at patching the PC version to fix the bowling speeds to be more accurate - at least for the Aussie and English players?

Or is there a thread somewhere about what they should be, that I can't find?

Cheers!

Ps3 online problems

Hello all new here, would be really grateful for some help/advice.

I've spotted similar posts to this but can't find one right now to add to so apologies for starting a new thread. Basically I can't seem to join online games, I can create them and people can join no probs. Thats not a major problem in itself as I can get some action but 2 of my pals have this game and we're all having the same problem so we can't actually play each other as none of us can join games only those we've created. I've looked on here and emailed codemasters who recommend putting my ps3 into DMZ. I've found the instruction really tricky to follow (I'm not the worlds most technical person) and also lots of the menus I'm told to expect to see aren't there (could that be because the ps3 has had several updates and menu names change etc?.

Regardless of that I feel that having to follow something so complicated is terrible, I thought only pc gamers had these sorts of issues? Every other ps3 game I have works fine.

So basically are there any quick ways around this? Are there specific ports I can just open? Are codemasters likely to fix this for us via some sort of patch? I'm told you shouldn't have to put your ps3 into DMZ and should only be a very last resort. Bottom line this is ruining what is therwise a really decent game, I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem if 2 of my mates have exactly the same issue.

Yours frustratedly, Skyblue

Question,

One of the trophies is score 500 runs in an Ashes series. I just hit 500 runs with KP but the trophy was not given. Is this because I am playing on normal or are the trophies given at the end of the series.

And no , I did not simulate anything, not even an over

Question,

One of the trophies is score 500 runs in an Ashes series. I just hit 500 runs with KP but the trophy was not given. Is this because I am playing on normal or are the trophies given at the end of the series.

This is shocking news...you must be devastated. Call 999 (or 911 if in the states), they might be able to help

This is shocking news...you must be devastated. Call 999 (or 911 if in the states), they might be able to help

Talk about a pathetic attempt at sarcasm.

Anyone want to actually help instead of being a douche?

Are the trophies for 500 runs in a series and 40 wickets in a series given at the end of the series or as soon as they are achieved?

Talk about a pathetic attempt at sarcasm.

Anyone want to actually help instead of being a douche?

Are the trophies for 500 runs in a series and 40 wickets in a series given at the end of the series or as soon as they are achieved?

normally when you complete a task it comes up on the screen straight away, maybe something to do with the difficulty

Question,

I play on Xbox 360 and the achievements pop up straight away as soon as you get them, so I assume it would be same on PS3.

However with the winning the Ashes acheivement I had to wait until I'd played all 5 tests before I got it despite being 3-0 up after 3.

I play on Xbox 360 and the achievements pop up straight away as soon as you get them, so I assume it would be same on PS3.

However with the winning the Ashes acheivement I had to wait until I'd played all 5 tests before I got it despite being 3-0 up after 3.

Thanks buddy, I was really worried there! Already finished 3 tests and did not want to start all over again.

I can't seem to login to play online. It times and and tells me that the server may be down or that there's a problem with my network configuration. I was playing earlier, and I haven't changed anything since, so I don't know what the problem is. Could someone help me out?

Game not running! One way to fix.

Hi all.
Like a lot people bought game, installed it, wouldn't run. Demo worked excellent, had no trouble. Done the obvious, then checked here and at Codies forums. This is what one gentleman at Codies did after 4 hrs of trying to get the game to run:
Start/Control Panel/User Accounts.
Create a new account with Administrator privileges (don't delete your existing account!).
Log off and log into your new account.
Run the game - and for some reason, it runs!
But won't run in your original account.
Bizzaaree:doh

The game occasionally freezes in the game menus for 20-30 seconds,and also when the batting scorecard is displayed.Sometimes I just have to go to task manager and end the process.Why is it happening?
Is it becoz i have overclocked my GPU,i have the original version of the game,not the cracked version

Users who are viewing this thread