C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

how to play sweep shot

hi friends i have tried every shot in ashes 09 but i am not bale to get the sweep shot. please help me in playing sweep hot Is there any new shot which i can play apart form sweep shot with some key combination which has been described in the help menu.

The sweep shot has just become a slight push with the bat in Ashes Cricket 2009 and there is no reverse sweep. For a sweep shot, simply choose a direction towards the top of your leg side and press normal shot button.

Unlike console versions the pc version pitch looks low res (On max settings) when unzoomed during bowling etc. And when zoomed it has high detail. I managed to fix that issue in mine now it looks exactly as sharp, crisp and detailed as console versions even when unzoomed like bowling. Since I use Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512mb, I went to Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D Settings> Program Settings> Add> Cricket2009.exe and set ONLY Anistropic Filtering to 16x (manually). Pressed Apply. And Done. ATI users do the same but in your Catalyst Control Center. Hope this helped whoever had low res pitch during play on max settings.

This had no effect for me. I am still playing with 1280 * 1024. :noway

This had no effect for me. I am still playing with 1280 * 1024.
Then change it manually in the display.opt file in either:
drive:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\
drive:\Users\Username\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\

Depending on whether you have XP or Vista/7. Extremely simple format to change it, doesn't need explaining.

Then change it manually in the display.opt file in either:
drive:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\
drive:\Users\Username\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\

Depending on whether you have XP or Vista/7. Extremely simple format to change it, doesn't need explaining.

Yes, I have tried that simple method first,

Are you guys having the resolutions like 1940 * 1440 in the graphics options? For me, it is showing till 1280 * 1024. I tried changing to 1600 * 1200 in display.opt file, but the game wasn't even starting. It showed something like Cricket 2009 3D window - Not Responding in my Task manager.

Is there any way to force the game to run in higher resolutions? :noway

I didn't mean resolution but the pitch is poorly detailed when unzoomed and if you manually add cricket2009 in graphics card control panel and set Anistrophic Filtering to 16x, the unzoomed pitch will look as crisp and detailed as when it is zoomed. It's not about overall Game resolution that is a different issue good sir.

hi guys.....is there different camera angles for batting and bowling?????

This was what I got when I forced it to run in 1920 * 1440.:noway

offline multipayer mode not worked

i can't play offline multiplayer mode with my gamepad(pc)....pls pls pls help.pls create any patch for this.this game almost dying for that reason.
if any other controllers (except xbox360 controller for windows)does not support for this game,pls someone create a patch for that problem,& make all gamepad supportable for this game.

Why doesn't the game run for me?
It shows that it is running in task manager but doesn't start.
Please help, thanks.

Hi to everyone here,

I finally got my copy for PC. I installed and everything went fine. When I started the game, nothing happened. All I could see is a listing of "Cricket2009.exe" in Task Manager.

I am using Windows Vista.

The demo was working perfectly so no issues with compatibility.

Hi to everyone here,

I finally got my copy for PC. I installed and everything went fine. When I started the game, nothing happened. All I could see is a listing of "Cricket2009.exe" in Task Manager.

I am using Windows Vista.

The demo was working perfectly so no issues with compatibility.

yeah me too, help will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread