C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

i have played about 1-15 matches...but still i dont seem to have the run-out bug!!!
i get 1 or 2 run-outs a match max...some matches didnt have any run-outs!!!
And their running between wickets was perfect and got out only when running risky SINGLES...for instance, the batsman defended a short ball and it fell near batsman itslef, so they tried to take a quick single but got out (which was a close one)

Is this common with many or is my game behaving unusual???

i have played about 1-15 matches...but still i dont seem to have the run-out bug!!!
i get 1 or 2 run-outs a match max...some matches didnt have any run-outs!!!
And their running between wickets was perfect and got out only when running risky SINGLES...for instance, the batsman defended a short ball and it fell near batsman itslef, so they tried to take a quick single but got out (which was a close one)

Is this common with many or is my game behaving unusual???

15 matches and no suicidal run-outs? hmmm.. Strange to hear :sarcasm.

In PC Version,I always save after each over and reload the game when they commit suicidal run-outs. Sometimes i need to reload 3-4 times within 1 over.

For PS3, Most of the times they get run-out when they cancel the second run. whenever i see them taking Suicidal run, I throw towards the Keeper's end. which gives them ample time for them to get back to crease.

Run-outs in PC is worse than PS3 in my experience.

You don't use the patch when it gets released, You may start to get suicidal run-outs :laugh.

15 matches and no suicidal run-outs? hmmm.. Strange to hear :sarcasm.

In PC Version,I always save after each over and reload the game when they commit suicidal run-outs. Sometimes i need to reload 3-4 times within 1 over.

For PS3, Most of the times they get run-out when they cancel the second run. whenever i see them taking Suicidal run, I throw towards the Keeper's end. which gives them ample time for them to get back to crease.

Run-outs in PC is worse than PS3 in my experience.

You don't use the patch when it gets released, You may start to get suicidal run-outs :laugh.

lol...but the other things are common for me, like the agression in tests...but im happy that the batsman in odis dont whack me for bowling good length deliveries!!!:D

spin bowling online, any tips?

Every time I use a spinner online, I get clobbered all over the park no matter how or where I bowl it.

Has anyone got any tips to stop this or does everyone experience this.

Only use ones good enough to doosra or wrong un, and then trick them by dummying.

dont use one thats only solution till now

I play as India mostly online, and there's a severe lack of Fast bowlers (only 1 fast bowler in the entire squad!) so I have no choice but to introduce my spin bowlers at one point in the match. I've also won my last 20 or so matches I've played. Spinners WILL get clobbered, just the way the game is (Fast bowlers are the best bowlers, followed by Medium Fast and Fast medium and then spin).

When I bring out the spinners, its always when the fielding restrictions go off, then I end up setting a couple of Custom field settings, where I cover the boundary lines with fielders where I'm mostly going to bowl at. If the batsmen is good and keeps hitting me on the other side with no fielders, I keep changing the custom field setting moving the fielders on the boundary lines until I have most of it covered, then its all about proper line/length and pace. Occasionally try to confuse the batsmen when you have "Doosra" available. I end up taking lots of catches with spinners this way :)

If you don't want to bother with custom fields, keep screwing with Defensive field setting till you find the proper one that covers the area where you're going to bowl the batsmen at. Take your time with field settings..its the key to bowling with spinners.

Last edited:
press right control to switch between cutters or swing... while bowling choose the arrow keys to decide the movement of the ball.

Thanks, figured it out shortly after I posted, was wondering why it had the keys on the bowling cursor :doh

Cheers.

Every time I use a spinner online, I get clobbered all over the park no matter how or where I bowl it.

Has anyone got any tips to stop this or does everyone experience this.

In my opinion you should always have a spinner in the team (just in case) because some online players, in their bid to hit him for 30+ runs, give you 2 wickets for like 15. When in need of wickets, a spinner can be a good tactic. The trick with the spinner is to have fielders in the right places and then deceive the batsman by changing the ball at the last moment. For example if an off-spinenr is bowling to a right-hand batsman and your line is outside off stump and then spinning into offstump or if it's a big turner of the ball (Murali), middle stump. In that case, the batsman is most likely going to hit you straight, in the covers, to midwicket or to the point region. That's four fielders deep. Depengin on the quality of the online player, you can have the fifth one deep as well if he's hitting you to some other place (could be square leg). Remember keep the fine leg fielder inside the ring, even though you might get hit for a couple of bundaries in that region. That makes it six fielders (you can have the fifth one at square leg or deep square leg as I mentioned). Keep the other 3 fielders at point / cover point (depending on where exactly your deep fielder is in that region), mid on and mid off (Note: both of these fielders should be at the edge of the circle, as straight as possible).

Now that you have your field set, and your general offspinner's line set, we come to the actual deliveries. Generally it is better to move the cursor slightly away from it's default position (not left or right) towards the keeper. That is the ideal length (unless he keeps coming down the track). From that position you can sometimes bowl the offspiner (full turn), the offspinner that does not turn (one of the most useful deliveries online) and the doosra but shift the cursor slightly closer to the stumps if you're going to change the ball to the doosra. Bowl the odd top spinner as well but move the cursor quickly to leg stump if possible or middle stump (the important thing is that it should be yellow). If you are sure he's going to hit the ball to the legside, then bowl the top spinner outside off stump (the original line). What delivery you bowl depends on the online player's area of strenght and your prediction as to what the other guy thinks you're going to bowl and then not bowl that!

If he keeps coming down the track, try to get him stumped even if it is a wide and generally move the cursor slightly from the default position away from the keeper. Remember at all times hat apart from the offspinner that does not turn and the top spinner that is outside offstump (if you know he's going to try and hit you to the legside), Never bowl a ball with the cursor not being yellow or light green!

Hope this helps. Also remember that if still you go for a bucket full of runs, then complete the overs by bowling a medium pacer. :)

In my opinion you should always have a spinner in the team (just in case) because some online players, in their bid to hit him for 30+ runs, give you 2 wickets for like 15. When in need of wickets, a spinner can be a good tactic. The trick with the spinner is to have fielders in the right places and then deceive the batsman by changing the ball at the last moment. For example if an off-spinenr is bowling to a right-hand batsman and your line is outside off stump and then spinning into offstump or if it's a big turner of the ball (Murali), middle stump. In that case, the batsman is most likely going to hit you straight, in the covers, to midwicket or to the point region. That's four fielders deep. Depengin on the quality of the online player, you can have the fifth one deep as well if he's hitting you to some other place (could be square leg). Remember keep the fine leg fielder inside the ring, even though you might get hit for a couple of bundaries in that region. That makes it six fielders (you can have the fifth one at square leg or deep square leg as I mentioned). Keep the other 3 fielders at point / cover point (depending on where exactly your deep fielder is in that region), mid on and mid off (Note: both of these fielders should be at the edge of the circle, as straight as possible).

Now that you have your field set, and your general offspinner's line set, we come to the actual deliveries. Generally it is better to move the cursor slightly away from it's default position (not left or right) towards the keeper. That is the ideal length (unless he keeps coming down the track). From that position you can sometimes bowl the offspiner (full turn), the offspinner that does not turn (one of the most useful deliveries online) and the doosra but shift the cursor slightly closer to the stumps if you're going to change the ball to the doosra. Bowl the odd top spinner as well but move the cursor quickly to leg stump if possible or middle stump (the important thing is that it should be yellow). If you are sure he's going to hit the ball to the legside, then bowl the top spinner outside off stump (the original line). What delivery you bowl depends on the online player's area of strenght and your prediction as to what the other guy thinks you're going to bowl and then not bowl that!

If he keeps coming down the track, try to get him stumped even if it is a wide and generally move the cursor slightly from the default position away from the keeper. Remember at all times hat apart from the offspinner that does not turn and the top spinner that is outside offstump (if you know he's going to try and hit you to the legside), Never bowl a ball with the cursor not being yellow or light green!

Hope this helps. Also remember that if still you go for a bucket full of runs, then complete the overs by bowling a medium pacer. :)

And when they cant score those 30 runs in that over they act like this guy here ;)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1551536-post2966.html

yeah Dabi nailed it. It really is all about getting the right field setting then confusing the batsmen as much as you can...pretty much how its like in real life!

Last edited:
And when they cant score those 30 runs in that over they act like this guy here ;)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1551536-post2966.html

Lol, I had a match with him yesterday (my first with him). He first complained that I had CMXI (that match got disconnected anyway). I cahnged my team in the next match to SA, He was 59/3 when that glitch occured (bowler hitting the stumps at his own end), the ball was in line with the stumps, making it 59/4. I brought back Steyn and he got out at 78. He tried in the first over to get me out, I was 11/1 in the first, 22/1 in the second. After that he stopped trying and brought on the spinners and ended the match as quickly as possible, later complaining that I intentionally bowled that ball in line with the stumps, knowing full well he was going to hit the bails with his foot and that wicket led to his downfall because he did not feel liek playing after that! :laugh

Lol, I had a match with him yesterday (my first with him). He first complained that I had CMXI (that match got disconnected anyway). I cahnged my team in the next match to SA, He was 59/3 when that glitch occured (bowler hitting the stumps at his own end), the ball was in line with the stumps, making it 59/4. I brought back Steyn and he got out at 78. He tried in the first over to get me out, I was 11/1 in the first, 22/1 in the second. After that he stopped trying and brought on the spinners and ended the match as quickly as possible, later complaining that I intentionally bowled that ball in line with the stumps, knowing full well he was going to hit the bails with his foot and that wicket led to his downfall because he did not feel liek playing after that! :laugh

Yeah that bowler hitting the stumps bug occurs occasionally.

And people wait for spinners and he was complaining that why did you bowl with warner lol. He is a B grade spinner. And i dont think players need to ask the other players on which bowlers to pick. If they are bowling fairly then there shouldnt be any problem.;)

Yeah that bowler hitting the stumps bug occurs occasionally.

And people wait for spinners and he was complaining that why did you bowl with warner lol. He is a B grade spinner. And i dont think players need to ask the other players on which bowlers to pick. If they are bowling fairly then there shouldnt be any problem.;)

Yeah ofcourse, I sometimes bowl with Jayawardene if my spinner is going for a lot. But the important thing is that I use a legit lien and length with normal field placings.

Users who are viewing this thread