Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters
For all the readers & followers of this story - wishing you a Happy & Prosperous New Year ahead. :) catch you up with an update soon, Thank you for all the support and motivation that you have been providing.

Hunting their pride :P?..What is he?Robin Hood? :P
This has been perhaps the best update in the recent times.Atleast he should've face a ball.Vijay Zol's a sucker.
Waiting for the next one.Sorry for the late feeds.Lost track of time here.

Last edited:
Chapter 31
Conflicts of Pride!?!- India/Aus/Zim U19, Warney Tendulkar Trophy

July 17, 2009
Time - 10: 00 PM​

With our India U19 finally getting the victory against Zimbabwe and keeping their chances ALIVE to play in the finals, I wasn't able to digest the things happening around me still. After the match victory, we returned back to our hotel lodgings & everyone looked excited except me. Yes, I may be called selfish, but none seem to understand the feeling of not playing a single delivery yet with 5 matches( 3 T20s, 2 ODIs ) completed in this U19 journey. This was really hurting me very badly, but wasn't able to spill it out with the fears of 'being looked upon as cribbing guy!' by my team management guys.

Mixed Reactions of Suren Ram - Was it aimed @ India U19 Campaign?

Good or bad, I don't know - but this is my personal life where I can spill out my frustrations! Correct?

As soon as I refreshed myself with hot shower, I wanted to have some personal chat with my skipper, Zol and hence I directly went to his room knocking his door. There was no response from him, he did not pick up his call either. Since I stood there for more time knocking @ the door, Khajuriya, who was put up in the adjacent room opened his door to see what the matter was.

Khajuriya - Ram, what are you doing here?
Suren Ram - Oh, well.. Just came to discuss few stuffs with Zol.
Khajuriya - Anything Important, Ram? You want me to pass on any message?
Suren Ram - << with hesitating tone >> Mmmmm.. well... I might be running few minutes late to practice nets and wanted to find out from him whether it would be okay to extend few minutes towards the end that I can compensate with.
Khajuriya - <<Laughed sarcastically>> Oh Ram, you didn't know? I thought Zol invited everyone of us?
Suren Ram - Huh? What are you talking about?
Khajuriya - Well, Zol and Bains are throwing up a small party now for their runs fest of today that gave us the victory. I declined his invite as I don't want to risk myself in abroad conditions that I am not sure of! :D I thought, he invited everyone. You didn't go?
Suren Ram - <<< Embarassing manner, I didn't realize what to reply back as I nevery got any invite from anyone. :mad WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING! >>> ....
Khajuriya - Suren? Ram? ..
Suren Ram - <<With Blank Face>> Oh yeah, I am not well too. Okay, I will catch you later. I want to rest for a bit.
Khajuriya - Take care, chap. If you need any help, let me know.

As soon as I returned to my room, I smashed the door while closing with full of anger & I just did not realize that I opened up the facebook & typed whatever I felt like! I just clicked 'Post' & did not bother to even double check it. All I know was, the words that were typed reflected my mind snapshot & that's it.

Oh GEEEEZZZZ.. I didn't even realize that I have my team mates in my friends list as well. I just pasted and hit the bed to close my eyes hard and to skip my thoughts to something else as I felt so demotivated & discouraged at that moment. Without realizing, I ended up with a nap!

India U19 Coach, Arun Vs India U19 young lad, Suren Ram!

Never expected that my management will QUESTION ME for my personal ACTIONs!

*** Dreams of playing cricket @ my thoughts** Ringer in my mobile *** I just opened my eyes from nap with a panic to see my coach's name in my mobile. I didn't pick up the call at first attempt as I wasn't really sure whether it was my dream or in actual reality. Within that moment to realize what is going on, I received another call & ended up answering the phone.

"Mr.Suren Ram, can you come to my room please. Wanted to have a quick talk to you! Thanks.", said my coach and he hanged up. I just washed my face to look fresh & went to his room.

Arun - Here you go, Mr.Suren Ram. Welcome to Arun's arena!
Suren Ram - Hey Arun, good evening. How are you doing this fine evening?
Arun - Not doing good, chap. You know what, I received call from my buddy Raman.
Suren Ram - <<< My face turned PALE! >>> ...
Arun - Yes, Raman called me and asked me 'What is wrong with Suren Ram. I saw him posting broken hearted in his facebook, he doesn't sound allright?'
Suren Ram - << Oh ... S***t! >> ... Silence! ...
Arun - I didn't understand first, thought it was fever or something. But when I myself saw your post, I was just shocked at your reason for blaming the people at higher level. What is the matter with you dude?
Suren Ram - << I said to myself, If I missed to look strong at this time - I won't ever get another chance! Bringing all my senses back, I started to answer my coach!>> Well Arun!
.... Some Silence ....
It wasn't aimed at anyone to be frank. That was my personal situation & I didn't know that people will interpret it for something else. The broken bricks are in my family & people I got frustrated were my family members. Raman could have called me to clarify before spreading the assumptions. Do you think that, just because I didn't get my damn chance to open up for any innings until now for India U19 that I went back talking in facebook? Never! I even waited at Zol's door steps to find out more for my opportunities going forward & his expectations as skipper on me & so on! If you don't believe me, you can ask Khajuriya who saw me waiting for more time @ the doorsteps of Zol. <<< WOW! I just exploded out! >>>

Arun - Huh? What? You waited @ Zol's steps? He did not respond? Really?
Suren Ram - Yes Arun, he wasn't there in his room at that time.

<<< Arun picks up his phone & dials Zol's number ... NO ANSWER for 3 attempts.. Probably, post party hangover? >>>

Arun - **Sigh** You know what chap, now that you are working with bigger organization, you would need to be very careful while speaking out to public. You should know how to control personal emotions in an official tour, every word that comes out from you will be related to the profession at this stage. Just imagine, if you were so popular now & words like these would have really put my job at the risk. What you type to social media or speak to press, matters really .. Yes, EVERY SINGLE WORD!

**Sigh**Sigh***
Okay, lets make a deal now. I am going to give you what you were wishing for till now. We have 2 more games lined up & if we are lucky, we would reach finals as well. So with 3 games likely to be in equation, I would send you in team XI at your favorite postion - Yes OPENING batsman!

You would need to prove me that, you are really worth to have in our U19 squad in first place. Obviously, I cannot have someone who cannot control their personal & professional emotions in the promise-looking World Cup U19 squad. So to be clear, you are FIRED from U19 arena forever if you fail in next 3 chances given to you. I am not going to ask for 'Yes/No' & this is my decision. BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, Mr. RAM! Good Luck.

I just left the place with no other options left except for accepting the challenge. Oh well, in one side it makes me to feel happy that I have got opportunity to play for the team in the position that I wished for. But on the other side, my mind tortures me heavily with pressure that I am in position to prove myself to U19 team otherwise which I cannot even imagine to climb the national ladder anytime sooner.

Another mixed feelings all around/surrounding me end my day only with the hopes to find a better morning when I get up from the sleep. What destiny has in its bag for me, noone knows yet! Let's wait and see for Suren Ram's response to this pressure situation put up by his own coach, Mr. Arun!

It wasn't aimed at anyone to be frank. That was my personal situation & I didn't know that people will interpret it for something else. The broken bricks are in my family & people I got frustrated were my family members. Raman could have called me to clarify before spreading the assumptions. Do you think that, just because I didn't get my damn chance to open up for any innings until now for India U19 that I went back talking in facebook? Never! I even waited at Zol's door steps to find out more for my opportunities going forward & his expectations as skipper on me & so on! If you don't believe me, you can ask Khajuriya who saw me waiting for more time @ the doorsteps of Zol. <<< WOW! I just exploded out! >>>

Best part of the story:lol

Users who are viewing this thread