Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters
Chapter 32
Hard Works, No Rewards! What a CRAZY WORLD! - India/Aus/Zim U19, Warney Tendulkar Trophy

July 20, 2009
Time - 06: 00 PM​

So with so many build ups/hypes on the opportunity to turn the destiny, I started becoming skeptical when I was getting ready with my batting gears for my match against Aus U19 team. Our team won the toss & we chose to bat first for some weird reasons, pitch looked so cracked up to me that I really wouldn't have hesitated to bowl first but I thought it was purposefully done to put me in permanent bench of the dressing room. It was JUST WEIRD to go & bat first there.

Never EVER Give UP!

hxvh.jpg

Slow or Fast Pitch, cricket is my profession - I just don't give a DAMN on politics around!

I might have been nervous at start, but as soon as I stepped into the ground with my partner, I decided to put aside all my other challenges/thoughts and wanted to focus only on my profession. I started sweating so early in the game on seeing the ball moving with terrible uneven bounce & swing. For a second, I even thought whether it was my own coach who would have tampered the pitch with background dealings but I started fighting hard to put all the thoughts aside. Pitch was so terrible to bat on, I never bothered to do anything outside the defensive strokes for obvious reasons of surviving as long as possible.

Half Century Under Struggle

a9hh.jpg

Hardly 3 boundaries in my entire Innings - Was like building a house from scratch! Run & GET YOUR Runs!

As pitch was so hard looking for our batsmen, we started to loose wickets in regular intervals with batsmen trying to go over the bowlers blindly. We were 34/2 & lost Bains quickly too. My heartbeat pumped faster & faster on seeing the things happening around me, but I kept rotating strikes with 1's and 2's to keep the scorecard ticking. It wasn't enough though, runs became so hard to come. In one of the deliveries, I thought I almost had it for SIX but it got me so nervous that it was in air for a while going towards the fielder. It was when I thought my innings is over, fortunately the fielder dropped the ball and my whole heartbeat came back.

Slowly I went past my first half century for U19, but I didn't celebrate as we were trying hard to figure out the accelerator button. Khajuria( my batting partner ) was extremely slow like a test match innings as well.

DAMN! Messed it UP!

gf9j.jpg

How CAN I???

Was never comfortable in any single delivery of my whole innings. It was when I was on 82 runs, I edged it behind and it was ALL OVER for my dreams. :( I should have just left it to wicket keeper instead, but it was too late for me to think about anything.

I walked back to pavilion & my coach didn't give any reaction. Regardless of my coach's reaction, I was personally disappointed to leave the scene when I was needed the most. 82 runs from 84 balls never looked any significant score as we were ALL OUT for 171 Runs.

Australia U19 Won By 6 Wickets

8lbp.png

9clb.png

Despite my individual milestone of obtaining 82 Runs in this innings, was disappointed completely as we suffered a huge loss from Australia U19 innings. None in our dressing room were contented with the performance & we were fading away from the opportunities to reach the finals due to continuous loosing of matches.

" You were sent as opener to dominate the bowlers & accelerate for the team, & NOT to think for the individual upgrading of the stats & opportunities! You don't look like a team player! ", Arun said to me & walked off.

With those Hurting words, my battle to fight MY destiny CONTINUES...

You got to be happy you got some runs under your belt. At this stage, you don't need to worry about the team. Btw, PCCS sucks at simming matches that last over 20 overs a side.

You were sent as opener to dominate the bowlers & accelerate for the team, & NOT to think for the individual upgrading of the stats & opportunities! You don't look like a team player!
Yep, 82 off 84 is too damn slow :rolleyes Excellent innings by Suren Ram. He'd rather join CSK and become Dhoni's fave to get a direct entry in the India Team :p

Good to see you back and hope you update this more frequently.

Chapter 33
Suren Ram OUT of the Warney-Tendulkar Trophy, So what NEXT?

July 27, 2009
Time - 06: 00 PM​

Following the controversial discussions between Suren Ram and Arun(U19 coach) during the finals qualifier, Arun handed out an embarrassing moment to the young chap on the very next day after match. "Only Few people bother about team & rest just bother about their milestones. We are not sure whether we still stand a chance to enter the finals that depends on Zimbabwe & Aussie match but we are going to go forward with the players who has had the past experience in U19 for the finals if we qualify. New members(indirectly pointing to Suren Ram) are free to pack early or can continue their sight seeing on this beautiful land!"

These words were too much for me to handle it, I just left the conference room with heads down and full of frustrations.

Where to GO NEXT? Obviously to the place where I can play CRICKET

IMG_5632.jpg

:eek:I did not expect this one Coming :eek:

A secret! I didn't go to the place where I can play cricket, but I headed straight to rest room to find myself alone and cry with anger filled tears! Yes, I just screamed loud inside rest room that seemed to have none there and felt so helpless with curse of choosing the path of cricket. I thought about multiple people at this time who warned me in my past of not to choose the sports direction & to choose the other professions like IT industry and so on. What else is more embarrassing than from being hearing in public that you are thrown out of a team? I wanted to spend more time with U19 camp but it looked like that I cannot handle anything outside state level on dry road pitches of India.

It was when I felt a huge failure on me, a door in rest room opened and I was stunned to see someone there. I always thought that all people were attending the press media & I did not expect someone to notice my immaturity there. Even more of a surprise, person who came out from one of the rest rooms was none other than Shane Warne by himself. :eek:

"Yo fella! So you are Suren Ram? I see. I was in Aussies U19 dressing room when you were scoring runs against my team few days back. Was so impressed from the way you handled that slow pitch with utmost maturity like we senior players. Am now surprised to see you at this state, because maturity level that I saw in you is totally different from what I see in you now.

Alright, main intention of we forming such an initiative of Warney-Tendulkar trophy is to groom all the potential players under one umbrella & have multiple Warnes/Tendulkars created for every nation which in turn would make cricket, a healthy competition in future. Am going to offer you a direct contract in SA redbacks which is going to make you stay here and play a competitive cricket with many other youngsters here. Ofcourse, you still represent your country and we are going to keep sending your feedback to your national selection panel.

So what you say fella? Want to accept this offer? It is completely your choice, and want to highlight that - This is the same reward which top 5 players of this Warney-Tendulkar competition are going to benefit but with the only difference that those players can choose matches of their choice between England and Australian county circuits but you would be playing only in Australia county. You are always free to return to your own country domestic whenever you feel like, no restrictions as we respect talents of all forms!
"

This was a shocking offer which I never hesitated or wasted a second to accept it. It was the same moment that I felt helpless, I also felt so proud of this moment. It is too complicate sometimes to understand our destiny but it is all for good! Got drafted to South Australia Redbacks team and I was told that I would be playing a key role as Number 4 batsman.

Life is sometimes fast, sometimes slow? Too tough to Understand!

IMG_5637.jpg

so "CORE" is my sponsor for my new career path, but I have NO IDEA on what this "CORE" means! Some additional words on my gear, who cares! ;)

I shared this happiest moment with my state coach, WV Raman and he was so happy for me. He even told me to play as full time in Australian cricket as I can return anytime to Tamil Nadu state team whenever I want. He wants me to utilize this reward to the fullest extent possible.

Within next 24 hours, I was contacted by Redbacks team coach for signing a contract. This happened even before the actual end of Warney-Tendulkar trophy finals. Also came to know that Zimbabwe team pulled out a magical victory in the match before finals against Australia and it eliminated India U19 team from reaching the finals. It also means, I might be the only Indian player to get this award of choosing the foreign county contract as it should be either Zimbabwe or Aussie players in top 5 list to get nominated for this reward. How fast the life changes in a second, isn't it?

I was also asked to pose for some photographs with new cricket gears that was sponsored for my contract with SA Redbacks. "CORE" was written on my shirt, gloves and arm guard but I don't have any clue on what they do and represent. Just happily posed for the photos as I realized that I should be one of the happiest men in the world at this moment. :p

A Round Table that Rotates!

IMG_5636.jpg

Though happy and sad times are really a part of one's life, I should not let my momentum to get carried away emotionally. This is one of the things that I have learnt big since my Australian journey representing U19 team. So what if it is not U19? I still stand a chance to impress outside my country representing for my country. Really eager and hoping to live up to the expectations, it is not YET over!

With such a sudden twist in this tale, Suren Ram's battle against destiny continues... Stay Tuned!

To be honest, it is fairly early for Suren Ram to start getting all the attention. Batsmen in India generally have to toil hard to move to higher level of professional cricket. I would be very surprised if Ram makes it to the senior team in the next few series.

There is one small hint in my last caption 'Round table that rotates' for the path of this guy. Knowing DBC14 game for several months, I would be really surprised if the sim is going to make it easy for this bloke to go too high. To be noted that, I am choosing the type as 'Pure batsman' and in worst case he might go for fishing in Aussie waters directly after 20 years without tasting the flavor of INTL arena. :p

Lets see.

Loving the gear you've chosen for your player, especially the helmet. ;)

Interesting.. I can see a huge twist here but it wouldn't be so obvious, what can it be... *thinking cap on*

Loving the gear you've chosen for your player, especially the helmet. ;)

Hehe, Suren Ram doesn't have enough money to get attention of branded helmets yet. Hence the basic helmet just to protect that young chap's head from getting exploded by the furious pacers. :p

What a turn for Suren Ram! Thankfully not a nasty one.

Good update. It would have been better if he made it to Victoria though, since Warne is in charge.

It would have been better if he made it to Victoria though, since Warne is in charge.

Honestly I did it for a reason. :( i.e., One of the all time classic career diaries in PC is "Dream to Wear Baggy Green" which is based on Victoria Bushrangers boy growing up as Aussie cricketer. I didn't want to mimic it and hence chose SA Redbacks.

Who knows, you might see Warny jumping to SA Redbacks. :spy

Thank you everyone for the feedback, Will try to get the next update as soon as possible before my long weekend of July4!

Users who are viewing this thread