Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters
Top update Suren. I don't usually read a lot of C07 stories but this one has really captured my attention with great graphics and great Writing. Keep it up!

Wonderful chapter updates mate and well done for being picked in the side.

Hey Suren Ram(Moorty) (I know your full name as I have seen it in your Orkut ID:D:D:p:p), Its Excellent Story mate.... and I suppose the next edition (Chapter) will be on 25th April..?? Am I right??

Congratulations on the contract with Tamil Nadu. I don't think the story would of gone ahead if you didn't get selected :D

:happy Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments and views :happy

Top update Suren. I don't usually read a lot of C07 stories but this one has really captured my attention with great graphics and great Writing. Keep it up!

Thank you, mate :)

Hey Suren Ram(Moorty) (I know your full name as I have seen it in your Orkut ID:D:D:p:p), Its Excellent Story mate.... and I suppose the next edition (Chapter) will be on 25th April..?? Am I right??

Well, I will update it tonight :) Thank you everyone again!

Congratulations on getting into the team, although you looked quite shell shocked when asked to bowl. ;)

Very good writing, Suren.

chapterheader.jpg

( Moving a Step ahead in my LIFE Ladder )

April 25, 2009
Time - 5:45 AM​

It was my alarm again which never allows me to sleep. :p What an excellent role this alarm plays in my life. ;) I woke up and looked all around the four walls as if I am looking at those for the first time! :rolleyes: One part of my mind was tempting me to sleep for little more time as I have my TNCA training nets only at 7 AM. But the other part of my mind wants me to meet my local club coach and get his blessings before I officially gets signed by Tamil Nadu Cricket Association. Hence with great difficulties I had to push myself up the bed and get ready. :D

April 25, 2009
Time - 6:10 AM​

I took my bike and went straight to my local club practice nets near Marina Beach. As soon as my coach saw me, " What the hell are you doing here? :rolleyes: ", he asked. " This old man always know to shout well! :mad ", my mind thought.

Before I open my mouth to respond, my coach started smiling and said, " It is fantastic to watch you to go a step ahead. This is the time where you have to mature yourself well and have to be clear in everything you do. You better know your role and do the things accordingly. How come you don't have nets practice today? "

I told, " I have nets practice only at 7 AM. Thats why I want to come in person to inform about the things happened. " Though I communicated everything over the phone, I always wanted to go and see him and express my happiness and get his blessings. After all, he played a crucial role in correcting my mistakes.

" God bless you, son! ", he said. " Though I would have been harsh to you guys often, I always wished goodness to you guys. Never take anything to the hear.. Do come here and play for our club whenever you get free time. Ofcourse our club will also be proud to play the state level talented player. ;) ", he said.

After some time, I left the place and went straight to Chepauk stadium for my nets practice. I do remember that Raman(T.N Coach) said that he will sign me into the team officially today but I did not hear anything from Raman after that. Hence I went in with great curiosity.

Finally Entering the Practice session ON Time? :D

somelightheader.jpg

April 25, 2009
Time - 7:00 AM​

It was not even a second late to my first TNCA practice session. In fact I myself could not believe that I reached in time. :D

" Good Morning, Suren! ", a voice was heard as soon as I entered in. It was none other than my new coach. " I was thinking to give a call to you incase if you had forgotten your training today! ", he added. " Definitely not, I went and met my old coach and informed him about all these things and then came here straight from there. Am I late? ", I asked him with surprising tone. " No my boy.. You came ahead of others in-fact! ", he added. I was so surprised that other TN players are yet to come. When I was wondering, the players started to enter one by one. The coach started to introduce me to them.

Official Contract!

agreementheader.jpg

April 25, 2009
Time - 7:20 AM​

" We can get into the agreement formalities ", my coach said. Immediately I looked at my watch and it was 7:20. Understanding my reaction, " Don't worry its an auspicious time only. We will sign the agreement before 7:30 ", my coach added.

I was given a set of papers which had many contents! :eek: " Who will read all those :rolleyes: ", I wondered since I am always a lazy a bit. :D Then my coach explained the agreement paragraph by paragraph. I started to feel sleepy as he was explaining! :sleep I never like lectures and I tend to get nice sleep on hearing those. :D But I controlled myself as i was afraid that it would create a bad impression in my coach.

From such a sleepy mood, I was awakened by a thunder sound all of a sudden. It was when, " You can be fired by TNCA before the contract period if the academy is not satisfied with you which includes both on-field/off-field behaviors. ", Raman added to his explanations. I got alert from nowhere when he was explaining my context. :p

Finally, I took the pen and signed the agreement at 7:29 AM. I officially became a TN member from 7:30AM! :banana2

Its Time to Practice.

battiingsessionheader.jpg

April 25, 2009
Time - 7:30 AM​

As soon as I signed the agreement, I went and got ready for practice. Since I came earlier than others, coach asked me to get into the nets first. I was surprised to see the bowler who got ready to bowl to me. :eek: :eek: :eek: It was Balaji. I did not get introduced to this chap. Balaji was wondering who this little kid was as soon as he entered into the nets late. I was getting bit nervous as a national level player is bowling to me directly. Then I went a bit forward from the batting crease and smiled and then introduced myself to Balaji.

He spoke tamil(Tamil Nadu's language) well in a bit stylish way. I realized that he was trying to show some seniority to me. My coach came near the nets and practice started.

Its Time to Practice.

nets.jpg

I convinced myself to get rid of the tension which I developed after seeing a national level player. You know what I said to myself? " Oh this Balaji.. He is the one who was smashed by Gayle and Hinds during his ODI debut.. Fit for nothing guy but he is trying to show seniority to me! ", my mind gave me a good confidence booster. :D

Believe me or not, I played an aggressive pull shot off the first ball from Balaji. :eek: I will tell you guys, this guy(Balaji) had no speed at all in his bowling.. I wonder how he is surviving in the team still! :p Balaji tried to bowl a short pitched delivery straight away but I smashed him straight away and gave a good stare at Balaji. He smiled at me. I nodded my head and smiled at him back!

Then my local club coach's words, " Know your Role! " came into my mind. After that, I tried to apply my concentration and stayed on defensive side. I was trying to execute the basic shots correctly. Mahesh, Suresh and Amarnath were the other bowlers who bowled to me. I stayed careful and at times, I executed some odd nice shots.

" Suren, well done! Next batsman can take Suren's place in nets now! ", my coach said. I was happy :happy :banana2 :happy to hear my coach's compliments straight away. Then nets sessions continued for other players and in the mean time, I was given some catching practice. After the entire nets session, my coach invited all of us to an air conditioned room there.

Ranji Trophy Fixtures for TN.

fixtures.jpg

April 25, 2009
Time - 8:45 AM​

It looked like that Raman(Coach) wants to make some announcement to us. " We have got an official confirmation that Ranji Trophy Super league are going to commence earlier than our regular season schedule. This is to keep the domestic circuit busy with the cricket activities and hence improving the probability of getting into the national side even more higher! ", Raman announced to us.

He also showed the fixtures to us. The first game was against Maharashtra for us. I don't know how good is Maharashtra team but all my thinking was on the TN squad for Ranji Trophy. Since I came into the TNCA lately, I was worried about the next announcement which was about the squads. I kept my fingers crossed.

TN Squad for Ranji Trophy.

tnsquad.jpg

Raman later went onto displaying the squad list for Ranji Trophy as well. Immediately my eyes were roaming for all the corners of that list to see my name. Infact the search for my name in the list was faster than google search :D Finally I got delighted to get a place in team 15 announced.

Raman was explaining the role of each and everyone which they had to play. When he read my name all he told was, " Never loose your confidence level! ". I started to wonder the exact meaning of that statement. Did he tell me not to loose confidence if I am not getting selected in playing XI or not to loose confidence while playing against the opposition :what :confused: I was confused! Then Raman said that he will let us know the dates of the commencement of this Ranji Trophy. " We have to be ready anytime! ", he added while concluding his words towards the team.

I went home and my normal life activities i.e. the college and other things continued in a normal way except for the fact that I was thinking almost continuously about the words which my coach said!

Can Suren get into Playing XI?

statsp.jpg

'The above stats shown can move only if and if,
Suren Ram gets selected into the Team XI :upray:upray:upray'

"Never loose your confidence level! ", by Raman(Coach) disturbed my mind very much. What was that confidence level which he spoke about? Whether not to loose confidence level if I am made to sit on the bench? Or Not to loose confidence level when I am facing the opponent's bowler?

:what :confused: :rolleyes: :spy My mind continued to be in disturbed state.........

Another brilliant update Suren, absolute class, hope you get selected for the first match, surprised no Mumbai in the fixtures anyways will be exciting one. Good luck mate. :clap

I though Badri was the skipper of Tamil Nadu.:spy

Awesome presentation, Suren, as per normal.

Hopefully you can get a match after impressing in the nets and nice to see you timed your arrival to the nets to perfection. ;)

Another brilliant update Suren, absolute class, hope you get selected for the first match, surprised no Mumbai in the fixtures anyways will be exciting one. Good luck mate. :clap

I though Badri was the skipper of Tamil Nadu.:spy

Thank you Shantanu :) Well, it was Karthik who represented as Tamil Nadu skipper last season. And Tamil Nadu comes in Group B and Mumbai in Group A.

Group A

Mumbai
Gujarat
Saurashtra
Delhi
Punjab
Hyderabad
Orissa
Rajasthan

Group B

Tamil Nadu
Karnataka
Uttar Pradesh
Baroda
Railways
Maharashtra
Andhra

Hope it clears your doubt, Shan! :)

Awesome presentation, Suren, as per normal.

Hopefully you can get a match after impressing in the nets and nice to see you timed your arrival to the nets to perfection. ;)

Thank you a lots, Jaz.. And Ya, I was also surprised to arrive to nets on time. :D

Also guys, I have updated the first post too with required links. :)

I hope you get selected. You should do otherwise there was no point in signing you :p

Great stuff as usual Suren. :banana2

Great update again Suren. Good to see you in the squad of 15. Look forward to seeing some cricketing action :)

We need a smilie for when it is being knocked out by sheer class. I would spam that a few times and it would just sum it up. Mind boggling

Suren... What can I say. Always absolutely top quality. Your a genious. I love the set out and your thinking behind the story. Its great that you didnt just wake up one day to a phone call from a coach saying "oh hey teenager, your in the national squad".

As always mate your raising the quality of the story forum. My apologies in advance if i dont get around to posting enough but I can see another classic starting!

Top work.
MWaugh

Users who are viewing this thread