Career mode have no Age Progress

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is no Age Progress in Career mode , How can be a teenager become older and get retired .

I have not found any Age progress ...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is no Age Progress in Career mode , How can be a teenager become older and get retired .

I have not found any Age progress ...

What do you mean? Doesn't the career player start his career at a certain age (it was 16 years in DBC 14) and his skills improve over time/games played, i.e. with age?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
What do you mean? Doesn't the career player start his career at a certain age (it was 16 years in DBC 14) and his skills improve over time/games played, i.e. with age?

Yes there is no age given for Career player ,guys correct me if I m wrong ...

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm playing career , through 5 seasons , once you become Captain you can see your players age when selecting the team as captain , however when I reviewed my player and his age it said he was 18 so must have started his career as a 13 year old !! Think it might be an oversight or on purpose , maybe BA can confirm , doesn't bother me that much , game is great :)

travder92

Club Captain
I'm playing career , through 5 seasons , once you become Captain you can see your players age when selecting the team as captain , however when I reviewed my player and his age it said he was 18 so must have started his career as a 13 year old !! Think it might be an oversight or on purpose , maybe BA can confirm , doesn't bother me that much , game is great :)

Doesn't look like it actually. Im in 2020 and captain of QLD, Matt Renshaw is shown as 21, same as he is in real life right now. He should be 23 in game. And my player is 18. So yep, looks like no Age progress in career mode at all. What a total fail.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Didn’t @MattW or someone at BA flag this up as being by design as no reason to retire so you could play as long as you wanted to?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yea but other players age is also messed up , saw 9 ,5 and 0 year old player in my lineup playing for over a decade.

This is not part of the design I suppose.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Didn’t @MattW or someone at BA flag this up as being by design as no reason to retire so you could play as long as you wanted to?

It shouldnt be part of design as fun is in having limited number of years to make an impact at domestic or international level.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It shouldnt be part of design as fun is in having limited number of years to make an impact at domestic or international level.
For me, fun is about having to play for as long as I want to instead of worrying about when my career will be cut short by the system. Not trying to downplay your point; rather perhaps pointing out a fact that it might be subjective.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
For me, fun is about having to play for as long as I want to instead of worrying about when my career will be cut short by the system. Not trying to downplay your point; rather perhaps pointing out a fact that it might be subjective.

Fair enough. Apologies as I didnt consider that people might want to play as long in the career as they want. :thumbs

D

Deleted member 46200

I would hope not I feel I'm going to look this hot for ever... ? But my career player looks odd with a strange vacant stare of bewilderment.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Well then maybe have your player age and at say 34 start prompting you at the year end "Would you like to retire from "Test Cricket" , Odi Cricket or T20i or domestic.... then you can pick which formats to retire from, first test, the ODI the next year maybe then T20i the next year... maybe even end up back at club level whahahha ;)

mattk

Club Captain
That would be a very strange design decision. If they wanted to do that it would have been better have an option as you start your career whether you want ageing on or off.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
So i can play forever? Thats ridiculous :D. Im gonna break both Tendulkar and Murali's record. Maybe ill stop after playing my 100th season,scoring over 100000 international runs and taking over 8000 int wkts.:lol
But the fact is I dont like to be an immortal :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread