International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Heh. I wish our Imran Khan was as good as his more famous namesake.

Seems to have some good FC numbers in a period where West Indies cricket hasn't had a solid first choice spinner other than the part timer in Chase and now Cornwall. Odd that he still hasn't played Test cricket with 423 wickets @23. Age is not on his side but it would've made sense for him to debut earlier on.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seems to have some good FC numbers in a period where West Indies cricket hasn't had a solid first choice spinner other than the part timer in Chase and now Cornwall. Odd that he still hasn't played Test cricket with 423 wickets @23. Age is not on his side but it would've made sense for him to debut earlier on.
I think West Indian spin figures are a little skewed, partly due to bad pitches and quite probably due to poor standard of batting. Nikita Miller averaged 16.3 and played 1 test match.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
What a match.... Pollard shows his class once again... How many times he did that in t20 matches... Wow...

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
You're going to have to work hard to convince me that there isn't at least an element of dodginess in the CPL. There's no other reason to bat players like Pollard and Russell so far down the order that they're unable to influence the match with anything other than a one-in-150 kind of innings

If there's no dodginess, then I'd love to know the reasoning for batting Pollard below Akeal Hosein today

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
You're going to have to work hard to convince me that there isn't at least an element of dodginess in the CPL. There's no other reason to bat players like Pollard and Russell so far down the order that they're unable to influence the match with anything other than a one-in-150 kind of innings

If there's no dodginess, then I'd love to know the reasoning for batting Pollard below Akeal Hosein today

You must remember that we once had a coach who shall remain unnamed, who called our team inside without knowing what the DLS actually means with respect to par scores and being ahead of the par instead of being at par. *coughcoughjohndysoncoughcough*...apologies for the coughing fit, I really should quit smoking.

I don't think that it's a match-arranging thing, as @Aislabie is not-so-subtly referring to. It's not that easy. For example, the Jamaica team needed 38 to win from the final over today. Impossible without no balls. Pollard bowled the final over. Did he bowl a couple balls so that Russel could get to 50? Probably. But I don't think that was determined before the match.

There was a huge issue when Pollard was either with Barbados or St. Lucia, can't recall which. There was an opposition batsman one hit away from a century. Problem was, there was only one run to win. Pollard was bowling and delivered a no ball. Deliberately. There was no doubt that it was deliberate, and he got a huge amount of s**t for it, and rightly so, because that is just not right. The guy was batting out of his skin at the time, and it sucked as an ending to a match.

You have to remember that a guy like Pollard wants his ego stroked more often than not. I'm not saying that I can do what he does. I'm not saying that it's right. I'm just saying that it happens.

Also...WTF with Tridents today? I would have said deja vu with the 92 they scored today which they could not even get over the weekend...same score.

This young guy Sinclair, he's raw. Good, but raw. Needs the more experienced people talking to him, but from looking at him you can see that he's willing to learn. He's one for the future.

God, look at Keemo Paul already with his elbow wrapped in the support tape. Bravo I understand, but Paul is so young. Already? No, something has to be wrong with his bowling action that he's not naturally doing it. He's pushing his own body too much. Get a more relaxed and more comfortable action. Even if it means losing a couple of inches of pace.

Fidel Edwards still has it at 38 to go 90mph. Wow. And accurate. Remember, this was a guy who got his Test debut only because he bowled to Lara in the nets. Only like 3 or 4 First Class matches to that point, but to impress Lara when the latter was arguably at his best, yeah, he got selected just on Lara's word.

I still can't say I've seen good cricket from the CPL yet. The 140ish matches have given the best contests. The pitches are good. The teams are...well, they are what they are. Someone above said it was boring. I don't think it's boring. I just don't think it's quality cricket yet. But it is improving.

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
The umpires and the match referees are without question in the tournament so far. And I'll say this. For a tournament that has never had DRS, I personally think that over the years, including this year, the umpires have gotten more than 90% of their decisions correct. I'm really high on rating the CPL umpires over the years, they're damn good. Yes, they get the odd one wrong. But they tend to get it right more often than not.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
They had every right to put three slips in place.

This morning saw the first rained out game. In the rainy and hurricane season after some 20odd matches, that's actually pretty good. Now the rain has stopped and Tarouba has excellent drainage, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the evening match shortened.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Hayden Walsh is batting 11 and not bowling. It can affect his self confidence. Surely you dont do that with a player who is regularly playing International cricket for your country

Users who are viewing this thread