Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
the loan issue is on everyone's lips. UEFA released this

that certainly sounds like Atletico can field Courtois, but it may damage their relationship with chelsea and put some blocks in getting him full time or on loan again.

Well i UEFA can do this, it makes you wonder why has the premier league not been able to implement a similar stance?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
good point, there are a lot of very highly rated young goalkeepers about just now, so a replacement would be attainable.

that and there's chelsea's interest in diego costa which might make them look the other way, bit difficult to throw a strop over courtois then go "and also, erm, we'd like to by your star forward."

Costa's said to have a release clause in the region of ?32m, so they could go around Atletico's back, but I get the feeling they'll have him sign a year or 2 extension with a bigger release clause, more in the price range of Falcao, think Napoli did something similar with Cavani, the player gets more money in the short term and they can fetch their club a bigger fee when they choose to leave, win-win.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Well i UEFA can do this, it makes you wonder why has the premier league not been able to implement a similar stance?

Simply because the argument is the odds of lining up against parent clubs is way more in the premier league than in UEFA competitions, and most teams in the PL (where every team can cost you now) don't take to the idea of having their own players potentially posing an unnecessary risk to their season ambitions when they loan to another PL team.

any change to the loan system should be either of the two. Scrap it totally or don't loan to teams in the same league.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

you used to be able to field loan players against the parent club, but recently it was changed as a lot of teams just had a "gentleman's agreement".

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Courtois will play against Chelsea.... But I feel , it is not correct to do so. We had an agreement with Atleti that they have to pay 3 million for every match he plays against us.. And now the UEFA comes in and declares the clause void... Then what is the point of the clause in the first place ?

khaleel

Club Captain
To Chelsea, it does not make a difference monetarily if they don't pay up. Where it does make a difference is in terms of the relationship between the two clubs, and could hamper any further transfers between them, read as Atleti trying to get Courtois short-term/long-term or Chelsea trying to rope in Costa. Of course, they can trigger the release clause, but WILL they?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Bayern are out before they know it.

Ramos, what a comeback. Despite all the good things Neuer is known for, you can't help having a go at him.

will be a shuffle for ancelotti now that Xabi's booked out of the final. Terrible for him.

Bayern's dominance has ended. For good. Boateng is an arrogant brat.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Been surprised at how soft Bayern central defence has become in recent months, yea Boateng looks a mess - but to some degree so does Dante. He seems to have lost a bit of pace.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bayern shouldn't be that poor at set pieces, man u too exploited that. at barcelona pep always had the excuse that his team were midgets but he obviously just doesn't really believe in practicing them that much.

they're not as slick at tiki taki as barcelona though, and real madrid have got several players with unbelievable control and skill, not to mention pace and raw power, just looked a bit easy for them to pick them off.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
OMG! First 35 minutes 3 goals! :eek: Yet again ronaldo proved that he's the greatest.

I assume he has made a record of "Most number of goals in a single UEFA CL season" right?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Real are the kind of team people will call a "pace wh**e" on FUT. What pace man , any attack with Bale and Ron as it's wingers is great.. They were lucky to be in the semis , but when they came into the semis , they performed like beasts.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
these last 6 months are selling me on Bale, he's still a touch raw compared to ronaldo (I think had neuer been way off his and the ball falls to ronaldo, that's a goal) but the speed and power of him are unbelievable. no one for bayern looked in his, or ronaldo's, league.

he played a sublime outside of the foot pass through about four bayern defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread