Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1017757_10151990510645951_2873562756964742232_n.jpg

With the line-up selected for the semi's, this pic is appropriate.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Goddammit! This wasn't expected to happen the Madrid derby.:(

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Argh , wp Atleti. I still feel Haz could have rested. He was wonderful when attacking , but could not track back as he usually does. I would say our defeat was the result of bad luck and silly mistakes. We could have easily had a goal or two , but they missed by inches or hit the post. But we have no one to blame but ourselves , next season we will the UCL. KTBFFH.

----------

Yesterday's match was a testament to why Courtois should not have been picked to play against us. He was immense and literally kept us outta the game.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
It's the Madrid derby now. Even though i am a die hard supporter of Real, but I'd say Simeone deserves this trophy more than anyone. Still, it's Ronaldo's home ground. 50-50 chance odds are even

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Backing Real to win CL. Atletico doing a double is unlikely but not improbable. It will be a test of nerves to stay top in the league and retain key players for the CL final. Real have an slight advantage going with them with that squad depth.

Alonso's ruled out of the final but Ancelotti has tried and tested midfield pairings without him in the recent games, they should deal with it but his absence can prove to be a huge blow. Khedira is fit but should Ancelotti play him in the league for the remaining games, there's a risk to play him in the final.

Yep, even for both Madrid sides but my bet's on Real to sail through to secure their La decima. They've come agonisingly close to the final in the recent years. Not much to long for now, maybe as well think Ronaldo might get the winning goal. (He carries a part of man utd with him or at least i'd like to think) His 4th goal against bayern was extremely satisfying.

If Atletico manage to do the double in 3 weeks time, their brand value would sky rocket and it would bring a much needed change in dominance in Spanish football.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
Yesterday's match was a testament to why Courtois should not have been picked to play against us. He was immense and literally kept us outta the game.

Come on :facepalm

The keeper hardly had a save to make, the only one really was Terry's header which went straight at him, other than that we were poor.

Chelsea fans piss me off, we lost fair and square, we did not deserve anything & the best team won.

And when that happens I can watch the game with no anger and frustration and just enjoy the game, & not moan about the result

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Come on :facepalm

The keeper hardly had a save to make, the only one really was Terry's header which went straight at him, other than that we were poor.

Chelsea fans piss me off, we lost fair and square, we did not deserve anything & the best team won.

And when that happens I can watch the game with no anger and frustration and just enjoy the game, & not moan about the result

Err... One off John and the other off Eden. 2 goals which their keeper Aranzubia would have surely conceded. Trust me , there is a reason why Thibaut starts over Aranzubia. If the Terry goal had not been saved it would have been 2-1 in our favor and the penalty would not have occurred. I am not saying we would have won the match hands down , but I feel Thibaut was a major reason why we lost. And if you ask me , I'd say start Thibaut next season over Cech.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President

I knew this would come up. the answer is yes if you have hundreds of millions to spunk on players with the power, speed, control and creativity of real madrid.

I mean, the one where they cut them open involved ronaldo doing a flying back heel to set up the space, then a guy firing forward to bale who flew forward who then passed to ronaldo who had moved so quickly to get in that position he might as well have teleported. it's not really going to be open to that many teams. interesting article though, I really like jonathan wilson's writing.

Users who are viewing this thread