Coca-Cola Football League One

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope Arsenal get relegated next season so I can impress Madman.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Wenger is a much bigger moaner than Fergie. Fergie will do things like not bothering to talk to the press but thats different, a lot of the time it's the best thing to do because if he does come out he'll get himself into trouble like yesterday. He can accept it when we lose, like against Bolton this season for example, or against City.

Anyway you stupid coventry fans are glory boys, you should be supporting your local pub side not Coventry!

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Because my Nan was born in Islington and the whole Family support Arsenal. Is that a good enough reason?

And don't ever mention Spurs in the same sentence as Arsenal.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You are making out that all Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd fans are glory hunters. There are a lot of them, but it is unfair of you to say people like Will, Phil and Joe aren't real supporters of their clubs. By your logic I should be supporting Norwich United instead of City because they are in a lower league!

Luton are my team in League One that I have a soft spot for. It is looking more and more likely they will be in League Two next season though. They have shown they have got good players, they drew 1-1 with Liverpool at home, and with a takeover by Nick Owen (has that happened?) I think they will be too strong for League Two, like Leeds are with League One.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Aw damn! Well, since Rob (former glory hunter himself) obviously knows all, I'll start supporting the Old Isleworthians.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Weren't Luton in the Championsip last season, as I remember watching Leeds beat them 2-1 at Elland Road. Also isn't the guy that is supposed to be taking you over, interested in Hearts too?

Lastly didn't he miss an important deadline with Luton?

PhilD123

International Coach
Let me get this right.

Because you support a lower league club, you are a real fan.

I'm tired of this 'Thy art better than thou' bullshit just because your team is pants.
100% spot on, this bitter attitude that lower league fans have, "the championship is so much more exciting", and its only there because they're not good enough to be in the Premiership. It is bullshit and then if that doesn't work they try the glory hunter card.

Rob, Will's gotta support one of the teams from London and he's from Islington, thats basically the Arsenal hotspot in London. I'm not a glory supporter because all my family have supported United and I'm from Manchester. Get your facts right before accusing people of being gloryhunters, especially as you were one yourself, having supported United from being from Coventry.

Thanks Lee, its nice to see not all lower league fans have to resort to playing the glory hunters card.

EDIT: In response to your last post Rob, what reason do you support Coventry, if its not because they are your local side. As Will has said Arsenal are his local side.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have just remembered, I am a glory hunter. I didn't like football at all until 2002, when Norwich got to the play off final. I was born here, I have lived here all my life, brought up with a family of Norwich fans and been with them through thick and thin ever since though. So, what am I? It's such a fine line.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I was a glory hunter, I realised that and I changed.
How is a kid going to begin to like football if they watch a team in a relegation battle every season? (Which Coventry were in when I was younger). Kids won't think "Wow, this game is really good" if they watch a team which plays boring football, doesn't score many goals and loses most of their games. I watched United when I was younger because they were good, I admit that, but that was ot get me into football and now I support the team I should, Coventry.
Some people don't change and remain glory hunters, these people lose the respect of a lot of fans.

My Nan and probably her parents being born in Islington, therefore, Arsenal being the team we support is a bad excuse but this isn't?

At least Lee sees sense.

Phil, Arsenal aren't actually my local side :p

I live in West London but I've explained why I support Arsenal.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Only 2 people in this thread have called you lot glory hunters(I think) Phil.

Please, please, please! Keep the chat about League One!

Users who are viewing this thread