Commentary Bias

i noticed that, but hes still funny as, havent listened to him all too much this summer. Wasnt he on the sbs coverage of the last ashes?

rickyp said:
i noticed that, but hes still funny as, havent listened to him all too much this summer. Wasnt he on the sbs coverage of the last ashes?

It was Channel Seven when they broadcasted the Natwest series with Stuey MacGill.

The Australian commentry team doesn't seem to be made up of any "real" styled commentators. I enjoy Mark Taylor and Mark Nicholas but everyone else has some real flaws. Healy is quite biased and can take it over the top with his comments.

IloveGilly said:
The Australian commentry team doesn't seem to be made up of any "real" styled commentators. I enjoy Mark Taylor and Mark Nicholas but everyone else has some real flaws. Healy is quite biased and can take it over the top with his comments.
Most of the time Healy's comments are all in good fun and he says them jokingly to stir up Tony Greig ;)

wfdu_ben91 said:
Mhmm, just listening to the Pakistan/South African game. Rameez Raja is another biased commentaitor IMO.
i'd second that... i hate rameez raja's commentry (no offence)...
he is really biased and doesnt give a damn for the opposition...

If Rameez Raja is the prince of biased commentary, what about the great Ranjit Fernando of Sri Lanka? He is the ultimate... You cannot find a more biased commentator. He's fond of praising his Sri Lankan team, particularly Muttiah Muralitharan and Sanath Jayasuriya.

IloveGilly said:

I never thought anyway could possibly enjoy Mark Taylor. Hes by far the most boring commentator to have ever commentated.

As for being biased, Bill lawry is qute biased and so is rameez raja.

Healy is the worst Channel Nine commentator by a long way.

I don't think Rameez is that biased myself. Ranjit Fernando is definatly as biased as they come.

IMO, i dont care about the c9 commentary coz im never listening to them again.

@kodos, are you sure? coz i was almost 100% certain it was SBS, with the guy from the soccer aswell

IloveGilly said:
i dont like Healy's commentary he often suggests tactics that are quite absurd, i remember when he said to pitch the ball wide consistantly to Strauss to get him playing a low confidence drive....

he is good though when he is asked about wicketkeeping since his jealousy for Gilchrist ended

however i think that Peter Roebuck is the worst commentator in Australia when he guests on the ABC.....he is the usual journo who never experienced the game himself as a player so his knowledge is based on printouts and bookwormisms

Last edited:
Well I don't know how many are un-biased. Those who are, can get boring sometimes though.

rickyp said:
IMO, i dont care about the c9 commentary coz im never listening to them again.

@kodos, are you sure? coz i was almost 100% certain it was SBS, with the guy from the soccer aswell

SBS was with the Pom Simon Hill (who now commentates a-league games for foxsports), Greg Matthews and Dean Jones. Channel 7 broadcasted the Natwest series and had KOK, MacGill and the main host guy, Andrew Squires IIRC.

siddharth2002 said:
Well I don't know how many are un-biased. Those who are, can get boring sometimes though.

Yea it happens in all sports, bias commentators is what a lot of fans like. They don't want to hear the commentators going this player sucks, what a pathetic shot that was etc.

I quite liked the SBS team, their pre match talk was really good, Simon Hill in particular was one I liked.

Rameez Raja is definetely biased...he always puts a curse on our batsman by heaping loads of praise on them after a few good shots...

in my opinion the best commentators are Atherton, Mark Nicholas, and Bill Lawry..

Users who are viewing this thread