Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

3-0 to Ponsford. Should I give these battles more time?

Round 1: Battle 20

Doug Walters

Test: 74 matches, 5357 runs @ 48.26, 15 100s, 33 50s
ODI: 28 matches, 513 runs @ 28.50, 2 50s

058816.jpg

vs

Glenn McGrath

Test: 120 matches, 549 wickets @ 21.46, 29 5-wicket hauls, 3 10-wicket hauls
ODI: 230 matches, 342 wickets @ 22.38, 7 5-wicket hauls

51726.jpg

Glenn McGrath his is the best ...btw nice to see u back ..i never saw this thread ...i am always in story forums lol

Yeah I would say make them 48 hours as well.

Gotta be McGrath one of the finest seam bowlers in the history of the game.

48 hours is the way to go I would say. Gives more people time to think about their decision.

Glenn McGrath. The man is a legend of the game. One of Australia's greatest fast bowlers and possibly one of the greatest fast bowlers of all time. Plus that 61 against the Kiwis was a good effort too :D

McGrath for me. No matter how good Walters was, he just wasn't the greatest fast bowler ever to have lived was he? Watching McGrath is an absolute joy to watch and the way he outsmarts batsmen with just his subtle movement of the wrists and his extra bounce is brilliant. He's the fast bowler from my generation of cricket; I started watching it in the mid to late nineties so you could say that i've grew up on him. An absolute champion of the game and one of my greatest sporting heroes despite his big mouth.

Glenn McGrath, one of the best bowlers the world has seen in a long time. He uses his amazing accuracy to get batsmen out rather than his pace and usually delivers when it's most needed.

McGrath definately one of the greatest bowlers of all time, walters nice average but his one day average let him down

8-0 to Pidgeon. Sorry for the massive delay, the next few battles will probably take a while due to finals. Apologies in advance.

Round 1: Battle 21

Mark Taylor

Test: 104 matches, 7525 runs @ 43.49, 19 100s, 40 50s
ODI: 113 matches, 3514 runs @ 32.23, 1 100, 28 50s

40333.jpg

vs

Clem Hill

Test: 49 matches, 3412 runs @ 39.21, 7 100s, 19 50s

054478.player.jpg

Taylor. Heard a lot about him, was supposedly a great skipper, fine batsman, and a good character. Clem Hill, while a fine batsman, was not exactly a legend. Just a really good player.

Clem Hill for me. He averaged 39 at a time when pitches were tailor made for bowlers. And for a man who supposedly wasn't a legend, its amazing that he made it in to the Australian cricket hall of fame. ;)

Doesn't mean he is legend material. Legends need top have those tales, fables, that are told about them even centuries after they have played. Legends make those unbelievable match-winning performances. Didn't hear anything about Clem Hill.

taylor a consistent player over the years, one of the best aussie captians behind waugh

Users who are viewing this thread