Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

Now that the Ashes are over.....

Morris wins 5-2.

Round 1: Battle 24

Hugh Trumble

Test: 32 matches, 851 runs @ 19.79, 4 50s | 141 wickets @ 21.78, 9 5-wicket hauls, 3 10-wicket hauls

052228.player.jpg

vs

Bill Brown

Test: 22 matches, 1592 runs @ 46.82, 4 100s, 9 50s

058566.player.jpg

Pretty tough to pick between them, I'll go with the offie Trumble mainly because that's what I bowl, a sense of loyalty to the spinners fraternity.

He does also have 2 hattricks, and got some useful runs, so perhaps those play a part as well ;)

And most importantly, his moustache is excellent.

Trumble. I heard a bit about him, that he was quite a character. And myself being a moustache-wielding, useful batting spinner too...yea ;)

Hugh Trumble - A bowling average of 21 puts him up there with the all time greats (Is also part of an exclusive group to take two test match hattricks and is also one of a very small group to take 25 wickets in 5 test ashes series in both Australia and England) and his batting average was decent for his era (probably equivalent to something in the early to mid 20's today).

Hugh Trumble a wonderful bowling average..and then adds about 20 runs with the bat, excelent.

Trumble by far his bowling is far superior to browns batting

Another bump, and it will be my last.

Trumble for me, far superior to Bill Brown. What an average! And a brillaint economy rate of 2.27 and a nice SR of around 57.5. He's also a Melbournian. ;)

:o @ this thread.

Be on the lookout for a new battle soon. I don't have the laptop that the randomized battles were on so it could be a while.

Nightprowler, are you still going to be making another one? Just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread