Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
Obviously he won't make his debut in the WC, he will get picked at a later stage in the CBS to show what hes got. Also White has bearly any International Cricket experience given he bearly faces a ball or bowls.
Why not Debut Voges in the WC, in case people have forgotten the WC is were you play teams like Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and occasionaly Nambia, Nerthalands and everything, despite the fact i dont really like voges he could get a go against one of those teams. Or he can tour Zimbabwe later and play there.

Cause we want to win the WC ;) We need to know what Voges has got, if he doesn't have the goods then we better hope no injuries come along although I'm sure Voges will do fine anyway. Plus you can't measure anything against the minnows.

aussie1st said:
Cause we want to win the WC ;) We need to know what Voges has got, if he doesn't have the goods then we better hope no injuries come along although I'm sure Voges will do fine anyway. Plus you can't measure anything against the minnows.
Maybe you cant measure anything against the lesser teams although you can just give him some expierence againts Nerthalands or somthing, then a match against Bangla or Zimbabawe to give him more expierence then send him to Zimbabwe which i think is our next tour after the WC, we want to play him against the lesser teams before we do play him against the higher teams

Feelin Blue? said:
Maybe you cant measure anything against the lesser teams although you can just give him some expierence againts Nerthalands or somthing, then a match against Bangla or Zimbabawe to give him more expierence then send him to Zimbabwe which i think is our next tour after the WC, we want to play him against the lesser teams before we do play him against the higher teams

What's the point? State cricket teams are stronger than any of the minnows.

voges aint in the 13man squad for CBA, he better play. is in awesome form

Australia won't win 'cos they've proved everything they wanted to and will be blooding some new guys. Will go close though.

andrew_nixon said:
And probably weaker than a couple of the associates...
I actually watched the Wheelabarraback thirds yesterday and they kept their heads up longer than the U.K. national team. lol.

As an OD player he is worse than useless - averaging around 20 and never having scored a century - but as a captain he's priceless. Besides we're going to lose this series heavily and I don't want Strauss to get tainted or Flintoff destroyed.
Anyway we should probably be moving this discussion towards the Commonwealth Bank Series thread.

Taken from Colin in the Ashes tour thread.

I think Vaughan would be a better ODI player if he always opened the innings, he's certainly no great ODI player but I don't think he's quite as bad as people make him out to be.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

Vaughans an opener always has been in my book, he does have 4 fifties vs Aus (away) in 12 innings which isn't bad.

Best batsman? No definitely not, best captain and thus worthy of a spot? Yes, I'd have him and Strauss opening.

EDIT: I know his opening record is worse than at 3 :crying

Reading that link, you can see some good correlations in his career.

For instance when we bat second and when we chose to bowl first. he's done better as captain and through the years he's gone up a little bit each year.

Last edited:
davefryer said:
I actually watched the Wheelabarraback thirds yesterday and they kept their heads up longer than the U.K. national team. lol.
Not surprising considering there is no such thing as the UK national cricket team.

andrew_nixon said:
Not surprising considering there is no such thing as the UK national cricket team.
no need to be nasty mr andrew_nixon.

australia and nz in final will be awesome

davefryer said:
Australia won't win 'cos they've proved everything they wanted to and will be blooding some new guys. Will go close though.

Not much blooding going on currently :) That 13 man squad is near full strength, I suspect we will start blooding players when we have more wins under our belt.

Can't see Australia losing in this tri-series to be honest. Their second string is still a better ODI outfit than England.

Last edited:
evertonfan said:
Can't see Australia losing in this tri-series to be honest. Their second string is still a batter ODI outfit than England.

There is a 3rd team though ;) NZ seem to be the new Pakistan, they can be brilliant one day and then poor the next. The thing with NZ is they always lift when they play us and Bond loves smashing over our stumps so I expect a good contest when NZ are full strength.

Users who are viewing this thread