Commonwealth Bank Series

wolf said:
:mad

Remember it is not just England playing... ;)
New Zealand are just as bad. Shocking batting line-up. Probably worse than most of the Australian domestic teams batting line-ups. Australia B would beat New Zealand.

Yeah that looks like the side. Basically the top 7 seem assured of a spot as no extra batsman was picked. Although look for Haddin to replace Gilly for a couple of matches or maybe Jaques/Voges to come in if their is an injury or someone wants a rest. But Gilly is the only guy who would need a rest. Hayden/White won't want to rest after just getting into the side and the others are all very keen cricketers.

Can't see White getting much of a bowl either - Ponting hardly uses Hogg. In fact he probably uses Symonds as much as Hoggy. Poor ol sheepdog.

Also, is it a 15 man squad for the WC? If so, who are the favourites to be the 2 added - Watson and who else?

Jaques and Voges have to get a go to show what they can do, plus the Kiwis are using the rotation policy this time so we shouldn't miss out on a final ;)

brad352 said:
Jaques > Hayden

From that squad the team should probably be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
White
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

But Hogg will get dropped at random intervals without doing anything wrong because Ponting's a hack

That team looks about right although Clarke at 4 instead of Symonds, White will get his usual 2 overs and Hogg probably dropped when 4 pacemen are needed.

cricketmad09 said:
New Zealand are just as bad. Shocking batting line-up. Probably worse than most of the Australian domestic teams batting line-ups. Australia B would beat New Zealand.
Whats wrong with the New Zealand team, they out up very tough challenges for us, last years series for chappel-hadlee trophey in game 2 we got 330 and won by 2 runs then in the 3rd match they chased down 330 and they won.
And whats wrong with Australia domestic teams batting line-ups

Disappointed Adam Voges missed out on the squad, but White is a deserved inclusion i guess.

Voges will get a picked in the WC squad but if he will get a pace in the starting XI is the question

Feelin Blue? said:
Whats wrong with the New Zealand team, they out up very tough challenges for us, last years series for chappel-hadlee trophey in game 2 we got 330 and won by 2 runs then in the 3rd match they chased down 330 and they won.

Against an inexperienced bowling attack.

I don't think Voges will get picked for the WC Cup squad. I'd rather see Cameron White get selected for his batting.

Well Voges at least deserves a chance to show what hes got just like White has been given his. From that we then pick our WC squad.

Cameron White played 5 matches, batted once and only faced one ball. :P

I think we gotta go for experience in the WC, we went with inexperience in New Zealand once and barely won our last 2 games. I'm with cricketmad09, I don't think NZ are much of a cricket team and they still beat us.

Sadly for White it'll probably be more of the same the way our batters are going :)
Obviously we aren't going to go for too many inexperienced guys in the WC, most of the WC squad has been picked just a few to fill in.

On the NZ thing it helps the opposition when they see Mick Lewis :)

Feelin Blue? said:
Thier batting just isnt upto scratch. Blokes like Taylor, Fulton, Vincent, Marshell brothers, Oram constantly fails in ODI, McCullum is a 1 in 6 innings player.

Nothing wrong with our domestic teams, just saying NZ national team, would be worse than an Australian domestic team, which is a bad thing for NZ.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Against an inexperienced bowling attack.

I don't think Voges will get picked for the WC Cup squad. I'd rather see Cameron White get selected for his batting.
Why not? He is a very talented batsmen, and his list A stats prove it.

cricketmad09 said:
Why not? He is a very talented batsmen, and his list A stats prove it.
He does, but he hasn't played any International Cricket & hasn't been picked for the CBS. I don't think it would be very wise for someone to make their debut in a World Cup.

Obviously he won't make his debut in the WC, he will get picked at a later stage in the CBS to show what hes got. Also White has bearly any International Cricket experience given he bearly faces a ball or bowls.

Users who are viewing this thread