Commonwealth Bank Series

The Aussies have agreed to let us change the squad at any time. So except to see Kyle Mills, Scott Stryis and Jacob Oram added into the squad and non-performers like McMillain, Adams and Marshall sent home.

No surprises in the current squad apart from maybe McMillan. They want to use him as a power hitter at the end of the innings. When he's in good form he is quite aggressive and can hit the ball a long way.

Jame Marshall was unlucky considering how versitile he is. Could bat anywhere they really like and is a fantastic fielder. They went with Hamish probably on past experiance against the Australians and his extra experiance in general.

I heard on the radio that the missing players should be ready by the 4th match. Having Mills back will really boost them and of course Oram adds good depth as does Styris.

If they are brining McMillan back than why not Chris Harris :D Yes he is 37 years of age but the lineup does appear inexperienced and he's got 250 games up his belt. How has he been btw in the domestic scene??

Agree totally. And his domestic form has been fantastic. Wickets and runs! They rekkon he is too old. But with us an all-rounder short he deserves another go.

From todays match, Harry got 38/3 from 10 and 25 runs.

Oram got 43 from 58 so good signs there. No bowling for him yet though.

In Harrys other state shield matches (50 a side domestic competition):

39* runs and 2/34 from 9
12 runs and 0/11 from 3 (Low scoring match)
69* runs and 2/35 from 9

Has the second highest batting average at 118.00 obviously inflated by 2 not outs. And a bowling average of 20.

It's a shame he's 37 :( I know he is as keen as ever and really wants to make the World Cup squad. Such a great guy.

His state championship (4 day) stats are even good. Averages 67.50 with a hundred and a fifty from 6 innings. 2 not outs. Bowling wise isn't so great as you would expect in a test match. YTou would only want him to be part time but he has 5 wickets at 47.20.

Well with stats like that he surely deserves one more shot before the WC and maybe perhaps he may have a chance in the Chappel-Hadlee series after the upcoming ODI tri series.

Looking at that team, this will be the most one-sided VB series since in a long time. I'll bet my left testicle on Australia winning.

cricketmad09 said:
Looking at that team, this will be the most one-sided VB series since in a long time. I'll bet my left testicle on Australia winning.

I'll remember that.

I don't think it will be that one sided.

I don't think anyone can be so sure really. If we get Stryis, Mills and Oram over there (and they seem almost right already) then we will be a handful as (almost) always. This team is causing Sri Lanka trouble.

Whilst England are generally crap, it only takes KP lasting 35-40 overs and we could feasibly win a game... that is of course providing our bowlers don't serve up a diet of long-hops slowly marinated in a wide sauce and with a side of no balls and half volleys for dessert.

Well bowling is generally New Zealand's strength so if KP fires against them and gets a run-a-ball 110 odd and with Vaughan's captaincy, England might have a chance of stealing a victory. ;)

wfdu_ben91 said:
Well bowling is generally New Zealand's strength so if KP fires against them and gets a run-a-ball 110 odd and with Vaughan's captaincy, England might have a chance of stealing a victory. ;)

I don't know their bowling isn't that great and the Black Caps have shown they can get 300+ scores when they chase.

cricketmad09 said:

:mad

Remember it is not just England playing... ;)

cricketmad09 said:

If you lose I have a knife with which you can split the sole one into two.

cricketmad09 said:

We'll just be hoping that this series won't be as one sided as the current ashes series which in all honesty has been a turn off, the only decent viewing is to say farewell to the legends McGrath, Warne and Langer and in fact this series has made me lose interest in cricket.

puddleduck said:
Whilst England are generally crap, it only takes KP lasting 35-40 overs and we could feasibly win a game... that is of course providing our bowlers don't serve up a diet of long-hops slowly marinated in a wide sauce and with a side of no balls and half volleys for dessert.
Agreed, KP and Flintoff (of late has shown form) can take a game away from an opposition. As I said earlier I feel England may be the dark horses in the series, no pressure on them because of their crap reputation in the ODI format.

Jaques > Hayden

From that squad the team should probably be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
White
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

But Hogg will get dropped at random intervals without doing anything wrong because Ponting's a hack

Users who are viewing this thread